DVDFab Gold Problem

I have just upgraded my hard drive and used to run DVDFab Express with no problems. When I tried to re-load I was advised that it was now DVDGold. I had no trouble downloading the programme and installing the key but I keep getting a read error message. Their Tech support email appears to be a generic reply and just keeps suggesting that I download it again … H E L P … I’m getting too old for all this ! !

please click -->here

Thanks Troy, I tried downing loading the CSS programe, but still no luck. Analyzing starts, and completes successfully, copy process starts then I get the “error 102” message and the process fails. I had been using DVDFab Express for a couple of years without any problems.
Carmel

moved to the DVDFab forum, here you may get more help with your problem

Thanks H3rB3i I was just going to suggest to him to have a MOD move this

I’ve also slightly modified the thread title;)

Your Feb Express key wil not work with the new Fab Gold you need to email Fab for the new key-it will cost nothing

[QUOTE=tgidday;1899525]Your Feb Express key wil not work with the new Fab Gold you need to email Fab for the new key-it will cost nothing[/QUOTE]

I got a new key but the problem still persists, no matter what I try to copy I get the “102” read error. I download a trial version of another program and had no problems so its not the Burner. Think I will give up on DVDFab as its doing my head in … Thanks … Carmel

sorry you cant get it working. :doh: there are some other suggestions i would like to run by you but its been three weeks without a reply.:frowning:

if you decide that the other program is not what you want, there are a couple of things id suggest to try and get dvdfab up and running for you. or if you decide that your head is ready for a little more pounding:bigsmile: just let us know.:slight_smile:

troy

Hello again Troy, any assistance would be most appreciated as I think DVDFab is a far better program, its just so frustrating that it doesn’t work when I had no problems with the Express Version. The three week hiatus was because as I said … it’s doing my head in trying to sort it out.
Thanks…
Carmel

first do you happen to have a plextor dvd drive?

what version number of dvdfab are you using, there has been an update to the software to work better with plextor drives since version 3.2.0.8 beta.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/error-code-since-update-229150/

can you also read and perform the steps in this post? http://club.cdfreaks.com/1711788-post1.html

i have to go for now but in the mean time if you can post all information you can about your computer it would be great. ill be back later tonight, maybe someone else will step in until then.

troy

Well Troy I followed all the steps and did a complete clean un-install of DVDFab, downloaded the program again, tried to burn a DVD that previously burned without any problems and guess what … the “102” read error message ! !

I’m really quite computer illiterate so is the following information of any help in sorting out my problem …

My System is XP

Matshita DVD-ROM SR8585
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR110D

DVD Fab Gold 4

My thanks again, I really appreciate your help

Carmel

Which drive are you using to read the disc? Whichever it is, try the other one, see if you get the same error.

You’re probably sick to death of seeing my identity pop-up but in answer to your question I have tried both drives and still get the error message …

“Reading/Writing Error Control” indicating a “102” error.

I think I’ll just have to give up and consider it lost money, which is a shame, because when it worked it was a fantastic.

Thanks
Carmel

could you tell us some more about your system? your operating system, processor, ram, hard drive capacity anything else you can find out would be great. i assume you are trying to backup original bought dvd’s or are these already copied dvd’s. are there lots of scratches or a few deep scratches?

no not sick of you at all. (not yet:disagree: :)) ive done some research on your current drives and it seems the Matshita DVD-ROM SR8585 is an old drive however there is newer firmware available here. and from what ive read about your PIONEER DVD-RW DVR110D its a pretty good drive. but here is the latest firmware.

before updating the firmware as your drives work with different copy software lets change some settings in fab.

in the dvdfab settings change the read settings:

i/o mode - spti
ignore read errors automatically
[B]un[/B]check - read-ahead cache

wheres maineman when we need him?:bigsmile:

troy

[QUOTE=aussie_melbourne;1917111]Well Troy I followed all the steps and did a complete clean un-install of DVDFab, downloaded the program again, tried to burn a DVD that previously burned without any problems and guess what … the “102” read error message ! !

I’m really quite computer illiterate so is the following information of any help in sorting out my problem …

My System is XP

Matshita DVD-ROM SR8585
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR110D

DVD Fab Gold 4

My thanks again, I really appreciate your help

Carmel[/QUOTE]
Hello Carmel
Are you using the Matshita DVD-ROM or the PIONEER DVD-RW to read the Disc:confused:
The error 102 is a read file problem if I’m not mistaken have you checked the disc for a any hairline scratches:confused: and as far as trying to read a DVD thatr you had backup without any problems does not mean it is not the disc even though you got great picture and sound it can be a poor burn quality which can and will led to reading issues even more so if you used low quality media to burn on:(
I would try cleaning the disc and you may want to try using ISO Buster it can pick-up bad sectors that your system itself has trouble reading:cool:

hi stormjumper, glad you to see you.:slight_smile:

aussie is this problem with only one ORIGINAL dvd or with every dvd? its strange because the errors seems to be either a disc or drive issue, however you can still read the same disc in the same drive with a different software?:confused: there has got to be something minor going on here if the above is true. might just take time to figure out.

if anyone has any more suggestions please let us know.:iagree:

AUSSIE,
I may not be as knowledgable as the others on the forum,but I
say you try this. Okay before you reistall dvdfab try running your
anti-virus program and make sure your system isn’t infected with
a trojan. Next try doing a system restore back a few days or weeks
before you had the problem. Then reinstall dvdfab gold.and the
free trial of platinum 4.000 which is the latest version. It may fix the
problem.
Good Luck MATE. ZAP.

Yikes!
Been through a lot of good advice here.
[B]@troy512[/B], thanks for the kind words and “invite”…:bigsmile:

Try skipping the matshita drive completely for now. Use the pioneeer as [B]source [/B]and [B]target[/B] (assuming we get that far). In the Fab 2.*** days, Fengtao used to have a disclaimer…“matshita drives are not supported and there is no plan to do so”. These are “problem” drives. Don’t take this personally and please don’t shoot the messenger.
Yes, I know it worked ok with express and doesn’t seem related now.

How much free space on your hdd?
Also you should defrag it.
Any new software or packet writing software installed, particularly, InCD, roxio or sonic?

Completely uninstall express…everything…and run Regseeker (link in my sig) after. If you really want it, save the install pkg for express somewhere, maybe even to a cd/cdrw.
I still have some of the old platinum 2.*** versions (express and gold) if you want them, but not just express by itself.

What locations (file path) exactly are your [B]Output directory[/B], [B]Temporary directory [/B]and [B]Target[/B] ?
Please make sure there’s plenty of space and no file remnants.
As a matter of fact, delete any of the output folders completely
Do you have a spare (slave) hdd?
Try creating a new temp location (another hdd, desktop, wherever) and for now, use your hdd for “target”.

If still no luck, uninstall your optical drives (matshita and pioneer) in device manager. They probably are located on your secondary IDE controller. (Both drives are PATA [or IDE interface] and not SATA [or serial ATA]).
Do not uninstall your system hdd by mistake. (This should be on your primary IDE controller).
Take a look in the “How to check DMA” link in my sig. There are some screenshots to help guide you.

If this makes you nervous…
turn your pc off > open the case > unplug the ribbon cable (40 pin) and power cords ( 4 wire) from your optical drives > power up > power down > replug only the pioneer and fire up your rig.

Oh and btw, how old is this ribbon cable?
It should be 40 pin/80 wire and Not 40 pin/40 wire.

Any luck?

Hello everyone and thank you for all the advice which I intend to try and find my way through :doh: as soon as I get a minute to myself. Major Family problems at present make it too hard to concentrate on trying to fix this infernal problem. Once again my thanks
Carmel :clap: