DVDFab Gold/Express DL burning

Let me start by saying that I love DVDFab. One of the best apps I’ve ever used. Now the problem: I am having the worst luck with dual-layer burning. I’ve tried to keep it simple: I’m using DVDFab Gold, dual layer burning is enabled; VSO engine (I’ve tried Nero engine with the same results); Verbatim DVD+R DL media; and I’m burning directly to disc. Without exception all the disc reach the LB and pause—freeze is more like it. I can sometimes FF through the spot; other times I actually have to skip to the next chapter missing at times critical moments in a film. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to solve this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I’m keeping it too simple? Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Joe

Hi Joe,

No it’s not you. The LB has been a major issue with fab, more specifically, with VSO, for some time now. Currently, Portmac (VSO) is looking in to this. On the old forum, there was a long running thread re: fab and DL burns…unfortunately, it was lost. Another thread here on cdf, attempted to pick this up. I’ll bump it up…take a look and if you have questions, we’ll be glad to help.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=165518

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response. So, I should rip the DVD to my hard drive and then burn the DL from there? Please forgive my ignorance, but I’m not sure I know how to go about that. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Joe

At work right now, so just a quick note…I can help with more specifics later this eve. Yes, I would rip to your hd first. Fab is configured to rip to a temp folder anyway…but I would create another folder as your “target”, ie., not your burner. You can name the folder whatever you like and create it anywhere, such as your desktop, so it’s easy to locate afterward.

Do you have nero?..recommend rip with express and burn with recode 2 if available. If only have basic nero burn engine, it’s ok to burn from within fab…it really won’t matter. Another option is to rip with dvd decrypter and burn with dvdd or Img as noted in the referred thread. You’ll probably need an up to date decrypter for recent releases, such as Any DVD, since dvdd has been defunct since about June '05.

Gotta run…

Well that sounds pretty straightforward. Yes–I have a full version Nero 6 that came with my Sony burner. I’m running too, so I’ll try your suggestions this evening when I get home. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks and wish me luck.

Hi Tom, How goes your weekend?

I’m at a total loss here. I’m trying to rip I, Robot with Nero Express to but when I select Copy DVD I don’t seem to have a choice as to where I want the copy to go. I’m only offered one of my burners. I guess I need more help than I thought with this. What do I do? Recode 2 is available. What exactly is the process? Thanks so much again for your help.

Joe

Tom,

I apologize; I seem to have had a “senior moment”. I thought you were speaking of using Nero Express to rip the disc. Of course you meant DVDFab Express. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Joe

Hey Joe, no problem. I’ll be 57 myself in less than a month, so senior moments are rapidly becoming the rule, rather than the exception…or so my wife tells me… :eek:. Good luck, I’ll keep my fingers crossed and wait to hear.

Tom,

Success! I copied Paycheck. The LB was visible for about 1-2 seconds. No pause, no stuttering. A big improvement over my previous attempts. I’ll keep trying DL burns using Recode and see what happens. Thanks again for your help. This is a great forum.

Congrats… :cool: