DVDFab Gold 4.0.1.2 vs 3.2.1.0

I have had nothing but problems with the version 4’s of DVDFab Gold. DVD Player will not recognize the burned disk or freezes on a chapter. I tried an old movie, Gun Shy, made in 2000. You would think DVDFab would have no trouble with that old of a movie. But it did, my LG player would not recognize it, and my Apex player froze on a chapter. I uninstalled the clean way (by this fourm) and re-installed version 3.2.1.0. It read and burned this movie like a hot knife in butter. Had no problem and it played real fine on both players.
For Ting and Fengtao, looks like the version 4’s have a big problem over the version 3’s. I guess when a new copy protection comes out that the version 3’s can’t handle, I will be out of business.
I was also able to copy and burn this movie with 3 old programs that have not been supported in a long time.

Thanks

Please post a burn log from one of these backup failures.

Hard to post that log as I deleted all and re-loaded 3.2.1.0.
Also, did not get a read or burn fail with 4.0.1.2, all went like it was a good read and burn, but would not load in one my DVD players. I know most DVDFab users are going with the Platimum version for the ipods and ect, which a lot are having problems also. There are probley a lot more users out there that are not part of this forum that are having problems that are using the support in DVDFab. I would just like a good Gold program that will read and write a DVD. Ting and Fengtao can change the Platimum version all they want without changing the Gold version, just keep it up with the new codes that are coming out. Looks like when they change the Platinum for people that are trying to do other things, Gold gets messed up.

Slow down your burn speed!

I’m using 6x or 8x now. Why would it work fine useing version 3.2.1.0 and not useing 4.0.1.2 useing the same settings. They are doing a lot of changes in the version 4’s that is changing a lot of things.

ive started a thread for users to post problems like yours. if you could be the first one to post maybe others will follow. also like you said, just wonder how many users there are with problems whom arent members of this forum? i use 3180 but have 4012 installed and have tested it and it works for me.

please read here
troy

edit//there is another member with the same problem, the fix was setting the burner for bitset/booktype to dvd-rom. thread here

edit edit// why wont this link work???

Could be the media you are using-what is the MDI.

I’m useing Philips DVD+R and Verbatim DVD+R.
Never had a problem with either till the versions 4 came out. Looks like a lot of others are having the same problem with the new versions now, and are coming out of the wood works. Now they want the older versions now again.

But also a lot of people aren’t having problems with the 4 versions as I haven’t had any trouble with any version so just maybe it’s a conflic with some other programs, have you installed any new programs since ? or else it’s in the setting that you use, I really don’t think it’s the 4 versions IMHO :confused::confused::confused:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;1935084]But also a lot of people aren’t having problems with the 4 versions as I haven’t had any trouble with any version so just maybe it’s a conflic with some other programs, have you installed any new programs since ? or else it’s in the setting that you use, I really don’t think it’s the 4 versions IMHO :confused::confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

the program authors could easliy clear this up by telling us what areas of the program have changed & what areas have been left unaltered. Isn’t the acutal burning done by a 3rd party engine which they use (VSO ) ?

it does seem, however, that the program evolves in a two steps forward, one step back sort of manner, every release fixes some old bugs yet introduces new , silly , ones which a bit more testing should have caught before release
e. g my current annoyance that the DVD9 setting keeps reverting to DVD5.

I get the feeling that the authors rely on this forum to do most of the program testing & debugging for them - that’s Ok as a beta policy but it would be better if final releases were given more testing before release & were given comprehensive “what’s changed” notes rather than just “what’s fixed”.

I’d hate to find that a bunch of recent backups were not good, because I’d relied on the fact that earlier ones made with v3 that I’d thoroughly tested were OK

I no longer test every DVD that I burn on every player that I own beacuse I assume that the original tests for compatibility I did back with v3 are still valid , so long as I stick to the same blank media & same program settings.
In practice, I rarely burn with fab nowadays as I get much faster verification by bruning with roxio my DVD software. I just use Fab to rip & v4 rips fine.