DVDFab gets stuck at "Scanning media, please wait"

vbimport

Hi

I have just built a new box with Vista Ultimate SP1. I have installed the latest version of DVDFab decrypter (5030). Whenever I insert ANY of my movies DVDFab gets stuck at “Scanning media, please wait”. I have searched high and low for a solution and yes, I have tried disabling PathPlayer. I have also invested in a new DVD burner (Pioneer DVR-215) thinking that might be the cause - all to no avail.

The account I am using is an administrator account. I have also tried using compatibility mode with XP, and for good measure I also ran it in compatibility mode with the administrator check box ticked.

I got so sick of it last night that I walked away from the PC. When I returned it had eventually found the movie in the DVD drive! I then decided to change the default output path and it hung again! It eventually came up with an error that I can’t recall and the program shut itself down.

I have also tried the new beta release 5040. All the same problems still persist. I am tempted to set up my PC as a dual boot one with XP, and then use XP to do my ripping. I never had any issues with XP and I am beginning to miss it!

One more thing, this has happened with about 6 movies. Which is all the ones I have tried ripping.

Is this a Vista problem or something else? Any help would be appreciated.

[QUOTE=ausdan;2083255]Hi

I have just built a new box with Vista Ultimate SP1. I have installed the latest version of DVDFab decrypter (5030). Whenever I insert ANY of my movies DVDFab gets stuck at “Scanning media, please wait”. I have searched high and low for a solution and yes, I have tried disabling PathPlayer. I have also invested in a new DVD burner (Pioneer DVR-215) thinking that might be the cause - all to no avail.

The account I am using is an administrator account. I have also tried using compatibility mode with XP, and for good measure I also ran it in compatibility mode with the administrator check box ticked.

I got so sick of it last night that I walked away from the PC. When I returned it had eventually found the movie in the DVD drive! I then decided to change the default output path and it hung again! It eventually came up with an error that I can’t recall and the program shut itself down.

I have also tried the new beta release 5040. All the same problems still persist. I am tempted to set up my PC as a dual boot one with XP, and then use XP to do my ripping. I never had any issues with XP and I am beginning to miss it!

One more thing, this has happened with about 6 movies. Which is all the ones I have tried ripping.

Is this a Vista problem or something else? Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Have you checked to see if setting PathPlayer to “Always enabled” not “when necessary”,also if there are scratches even small ones can cause this issue.
you can also try making a change in common setting … READ and select “Ignore all reading errors automatically”, you may also try changing the I/O mode from auto to SPTI (same location in common settings >> READ )

Thanks for your input SJ. I’ve tried everything you suggested and I’m still having the same troubles.

I have also tried to install it on to another Vista box at work and the same thing happens.

Has anyone got this to work on Vista Ultimate SP1?

“Has anyone got this to work on Vista Ultimate SP1?”

the guy above you. id try his clean uninstall of dvdfab for vista guide.

also set pathplayer for disable.

[QUOTE=ausdan;2083743]Thanks for your input SJ. I’ve tried everything you suggested and I’m still having the same troubles.

I have also tried to install it on to another Vista box at work and the same thing happens.

Has anyone got this to work on Vista Ultimate SP1?[/QUOTE]

If you look at my signature below you will see that I run both Vista and XP :bigsmile: with no issues :cool:

So do I with no problem. As my good friends SJ & Troy say, do a clean install as in SJ’s sig and start again.

Also, if PathPlaye is ON, turi=n it off & vice-versa.

Check if the DVD will actually play properly in the PC you are trying to rip it on is also a good test.

Try installing not with an account with admin permissions but as Administrator.

From what I see, DVDFab worked fine before SP1 and after i updated vista to sp1 now i get stuck within the first 3 seconds of ripping a movie. Any help?

Start a new thread of your own with your problem and then you will get the help needed. When you start your thread tell us more about your problem. The movie title, the region you are in, the blank media you using and the settings you have for dvdfab. Also tell us if you are trying full disc or main movie or a mobile option. These are things you need to say when you need us to help you

Once again thanks for all your responses. Unfortunately I have tried ALL your suggestions with the result being same crap, different day.

SJ it doesn’t state in your sig whether you have service pack 1 installed on your Vista Ultimate box. In light of tbs010’s post above I’m beginning to wonder if that may be the problem.

[QUOTE=ausdan;2084202]Once again thanks for all your responses. Unfortunately I have tried ALL your suggestions with the result being same crap, different day.

SJ it doesn’t state in your sig whether you have service pack 1 installed on your Vista Ultimate box. In light of tbs010’s post above I’m beginning to wonder if that may be the problem.[/QUOTE]

I use vista ultimate with service pack 1, it works like a charm, try updating to the newest beta. 5.0.4.0 turn off the UAC before installing

[quote=ausdan;2084202]Once again thanks for all your responses. Unfortunately I have tried ALL your suggestions with the result being same crap, different day.

SJ it doesn’t state in your sig whether you have service pack 1 installed on your Vista Ultimate box. In light of tbs010’s post above I’m beginning to wonder if that may be the problem.[/quote]
[I] I have 2 computers with vista one with home premium and the other ultimate and they both have sp1 and I have no problems also. ausdan have you done that clean uninstall located in stormjumpers signature yet[/I]

I’ve done everything that has been suggested and nothing has changed!!

I even built a new box from scratch with Vista Ultimate. I didn’t bother installing SP1, in fact I didn’t install anything other than the latest version of DVDFab (5040) and I still get the same problems. The box used is identical to the one I have at home.

I stick the same movie I’ve been testing into an XP box and voila! Works no problem.

I’m running out of ideas. As far as hardware goes the new boxes that I am having the trouble with use SATA interface DVD drives. I know it’s coming from left field but I’m wondering if DVDFab has a problem with that.

Another update.

The barebones installion I did without any other programs or SP1 actually ended up detecting the media, and started a rip. However, it took about 15 minutes to scan the movie before you could begin ripping it. Within about 60 seconds of the rip starting DVDFab crashes and a message pops up stating that DVDfab has encountered problems. It then asks for further info that is sent to the developers.

[quote=ausdan;2084272]Another update.

The barebones installion I did without any other programs or SP1 actually ended up detecting the media, and started a rip. However, it took about 15 minutes to scan the movie before you could begin ripping it. Within about 60 seconds of the rip starting DVDFab crashes and a message pops up stating that DVDfab has encountered problems. It then asks for further info that is sent to the developers.[/quote]
Well by the sounds of this it not a dvdfab problem but a hardware problem and I am not a techie

I have pretty much given up hope of getting DVDFab to work in these circumstances. However, I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that they don’t have this problem on a Vista Ultimate SP1 box with a DVD drive that has a SATA interface?

Cheers