DVDFab 'Freezing'

vbimport

Newbie — DVDFab Freezing problem – I have been using DVDFab for some time and have never had a problem. With the latest version (5100) it now ‘freezes’ when the "Start’ button is pressed. ‘Task Manager’ says that the program is not responding. I have tried all sorts of things including the ‘Clean Uninstall’ and the guys at DVDFab have been helping but no success so far. As far as I can tell, my system is okay as all other programmes run fine. I have eevn tried a new DVD drive. The same thing happens when I try a USG external DVD drive. If there is anyone out there who can assist I’ll be more than happy to give any details required - Thanks

Hi piccbcca
Welcome to CD Freaks :flower:
If you re-install the last version that was working for you does it still work or does it also freeze up on you ?.

Hi Stormjumper - Thanks for your response - Yes it does unfortunately - As an experiment, I tried out Magic DVD Copier and even an old version of DVD Decrypt and they both work okay. The sequence is;

1. DVD inserted and DVDFab ‘sees’ it fine
  2. Chose ‘Main Movie’ or ‘Split’ or ‘Full’ option and DVDFab does this stage okay as well
  3. Press "Start" and the program just stops totally with 'Task Manager' saying 'not responding'

4. Video TS and Audio folders are created in the relevant DVD Fab temp areas but they are empty

Any thoughts welcomed - I like DVDFab and I want to continue using it -

[quote=piccbcca;2140700]Hi Stormjumper - Thanks for your response - Yes it does unfortunately - As an experiment, I tried out Magic DVD Copier and even an old version of DVD Decrypt and they both work okay. The sequence is;

1. DVD inserted and DVDFab ‘sees’ it fine
  2. Chose ‘Main Movie’ or ‘Split’ or ‘Full’ option and DVDFab does this stage okay as well
  3. Press “Start” and the program just stops totally with ‘Task Manager’ saying ‘not responding’
  4. Video TS and Audio folders are created in the relevant DVD Fab temp areas but they are empty

Any thoughts welcomed - I like DVDFab and I want to continue using it -[/quote]
“Yes it does unfortunately”…does this mean the older version also freezes on you now ?..BTW … Magic DVD Copier is a nice little program I have the Magic DVD Ripper–>(life time updates)<–(no longer available)

Yes, all older versions (5 series) now freeze even if I do the full ‘clean’ uninstall. Also, I forgot to mention, the “Write Data” part of DVDFab works fine if I use it to burn from a previously copied folder on my HD. I see you’re down in Beaverton - Portland is one of my favourite cities - I’ve had some good times down there - I’m up in Victoria BC

See the PM that was sent to you and reply back with PM

While you guys are working on this, please try this for me in relation to another problem:
choose a HDD folder as the target and tell me if it still freezes. Thanks.

Hi, yes I already tried burning to a HD folder and the same ‘freezing’ happens

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2140731]See the PM that was sent to you and reply back with PM[/QUOTE]

As I’m new to this, can you tell me what a ‘PM’ is please?

Thanks. :slight_smile: Sorry you’re having trouble. :frowning:

Yes it’s a great pity as I’ve been using DVDFab since about V3 and never had any problems before. Well, maybe it will get sorted out – I hope. Thanks for your interest anyway.

at the top of the forum where it says Welcome… It also says Private Messages, well that is PM. just click it and you will be taken to your pm messages

[B]piccbcca[/B]
did you locate your private Message area ?

I did and I posted a reply to you there as well – hopefully I did it correctly and you received my reply?

My 3 year old Sony P4 with 2GB RAM also has DVDFab 5 “Freeze” problems on Windows XP Pro with SP3. I have an ATI/VisionTek HD 2400 Pro AGP card (previously I also used an ATI All-in-wonder 9800 Pro AGP card). There is also an ATI HDTVWonder PCI card installed.

I purchased 5.x when it came out.

I have previously been able to make .WMV files, or “Customize” option copies in DVDFab 4.x and 5.x with the ATI All-in-Wonder card. Problems developed in later versions of DVDFab 5.x. (The 9800 Pro eventually started scrambling Windows XP video at startup, so it was replaced with the HD 2400 Pro card. DVDFab has the same problems with both cards).

I can do Full Disk extractions from 2 DVD drives simultaneously. I can also Clone DVD +/- R and DVD-DL +R disks, with no problems.

When I press “Start” to Customize, or make a .WMV mobile disk, DVDFab simply hangs without any messages. I must kill the DVDFab session via Task Manager, then quickly switch away from Customize or Mobile after restarting DVDFab. DVDFab will freeeze again if I don’t switch to another mode.

I can browse at leaste once through each video item in the “Customize” menu, but I can’t actually extract any vieo to a hard drive folder. Only empty Video_TS and Audi_TS folders are created.

A “Clean Unistall” as detailed elswhere in the forum didn’t help.

An install of the same downloaded DVDFab version works OK on another PC. Where do I start to identify the problem?

[quote=12Tango;2143765]My 3 year old Sony P4 with 2GB RAM also has DVDFab 5 “Freeze” problems on Windows XP Pro with SP3. I have an ATI/VisionTek HD 2400 Pro AGP card (previously I also used an ATI All-in-wonder 9800 Pro AGP card). There is also an ATI HDTVWonder PCI card installed.

I purchased 5.x when it came out.

I have previously been able to make .WMV files, or “Customize” option copies in DVDFab 4.x and 5.x with the ATI All-in-Wonder card. Problems developed in later versions of DVDFab 5.x. (The 9800 Pro eventually started scrambling Windows XP video at startup, so it was replaced with the HD 2400 Pro card. DVDFab has the same problems with both cards).

I can do Full Disk extractions from 2 DVD drives simultaneously. I can also Clone DVD +/- R and DVD-DL +R disks, with no problems.

When I press “Start” to Customize, or make a .WMV mobile disk, DVDFab simply hangs without any messages. I must kill the DVDFab session via Task Manager, then quickly switch away from Customize or Mobile after restarting DVDFab. DVDFab will freeeze again if I don’t switch to another mode.

I can browse at leaste once through each video item in the “Customize” menu, but I can’t actually extract any vieo to a hard drive folder. Only empty Video_TS and Audi_TS folders are created.

A “Clean Unistall” as detailed elswhere in the forum didn’t help.

An install of the same downloaded DVDFab version works OK on another PC. Where do I start to identify the problem?[/quote]
Disable the preview window in DVDFab may be a good start :wink:

Thanks for the quick reply StormJumper.

The Preview option was the right area in which to begin. The DVDfab and DirectShow CoDecs appear to be the source of my problems.

I set the Radio Button for “Internal” and this resolved the problem. I also still get as much of the Preview features as I ever use.

I can now make native WMV files for my Zune 30 again!

I can also use the “Customize” features again.

Thanks for the tip.

[quote=12Tango;2145168]Thanks for the quick reply StormJumper.
The Preview option was the right area in which to begin. The DVDfab and DirectShow CoDecs appear to be the source of my problems.
I set the Radio Button for “Internal” and this resolved the problem. I also still get as much of the Preview features as I ever use.
I can now make native WMV files for my Zune 30 again!
I can also use the “Customize” features again.
Thanks for the tip.[/quote]
Glad to here things are back to normal :clap:
With so many new and good features that DVDFab has :smiley: some times it is hard to pin-point what is causing the issues :frowning:
Anyway Have a nice day my friend :flower:

SJ

Good job Stormjumper.:cool:

:cool: Thanks Alan