DVDFab Freezes on "Go!"

Here is one by some technical experienced people.

http://ostg.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/masterid=534542/id_type=masterid

Mack

@Illustrations

Does your MB have a VIA chipset? Just in case it does:

Mack

Hey Mack, no fair…I was just posting that same site. God, it’s just awful getting old and I fear my dementia is worsening… :bigsmile:

Actually, I think that was the best link but anyway, a few more sites that may or may not help:
first one, right here on cdfreaks, you may want to start a thread over in hardware or optical drives and maybe enlist the help of one of the resident experts:
here
here
here
here

[QUOTE=maineman]Hey Mack, no fair…I was just posting that same site. God, it’s just awful getting old and I fear my dementia is worsening… :bigsmile:

Its amazing what happens when 2 old men use a search engine. I don’t know what to do without Google as I probably use it every day for all sorts of problems. I have found manuals for equipment that I have bought at sales, to learn more about health problems, and running my computer.

Mack

I uninstalled all of my Windows updates, disabled the Windows Firewall, disabled the Windows burner, removed DVD from the WMP list, added DVDFab to the DEP list, uninstalled many other programs, disabled System Restore, and it still freezes. WHAT is going on here? Why can’t I get this thing to work??!! I’m just about ready to install a bootleg copy of Windows XP Pro, no SP at all.

BTW, I also swapped out the Promise IDE PCI ULTRA133 for a SIIG card. It didn’t make any difference.