DVDFab forcing me to Buy?

vbimport

I tried to open a disc today and a mrssage pops up that I must purchase it or renew decrypter. What is this are they trying to force me to buy it now. This never happened before. Can I install an older version?

[QUOTE=sneaksone;2477112]I tried to open a disc today and a mrssage pops up that I must purchase it or renew decrypter. What is this are they trying to force me to buy it now. This never happened before. Can I install an older version?[/QUOTE]

Hi sneaksone

DVDFab can’t force you to buy the product, however Fengtao has started not updating the free HD decrypter at the same time as the paid versions, the free version now gets updated 30 to 60 days after a new update is released which is basically a business tactic to people to buy…BUT that doesn’t mean you have too just wait for the free version to catch up with the updates which will be in 30 to 60 days :rolleyes:

Or just fork over the cash like I did a long time ago and reap the rewards.:iagree:

What is the issue with buying this great software? I don’t get it…? It’s great software…you should not expect a free ride.

[QUOTE=chargrove;2477334]What is the issue with buying this great software? I don’t get it…? It’s great software…you should not expect a free ride.[/QUOTE]

Hi chargrove
Welcome to the forum :flower:

I use a few programs that is offered as free and I don’t see it as a free ride that’s why they call it freeware, you are entitled to your opinion however the OP has a legitimate question.

[B]SJ[/B]

Err… that doesn’t make sense. :confused:

Is there a typo in there?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2477365]Err… that doesn’t make sense. :confused:

Is there a typo in there?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

You talking to me ? if so what do you mean :confused:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2477391]You talking to me ? if so what do you mean :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a free ride is by definition something that is offered for free but the way you’ve worded your post it seems to be saying that you [B]don’t[/B] consider freeware as free. :confused:

I was assuming the [B]don’t[/B] was a typo or am I reading that incorrectly?

:confused::confused:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2477423]Yeah, a free ride is by definition something that is offered for free but the way you’ve worded your post it seems to be saying that you [B]don’t[/B] consider freeware as free. :confused:

I was assuming the [B]don’t[/B] was a typo or am I reading that incorrectly?

:confused::confused:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I was going by the member I quoted even though the terminology is wrong I wanted to keep it at the members level for better understanding :bigsmile:

Happy Holidays my friend :flower:

No problem my friend and Happy Holidays to you too. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I promise I’m not trying to be rude or anything. :disagree:

But the DVD Fab does state that it’s a 30 day trial…:iagree:

Okay I’ve read storm jumpers response re: the trail period, when can we expect to have the Free Version ?? ( Date ? )

I’ve uploaded the newest [B]trial verison [/B]but I still get the same response that I need to update or purchase. This is as of 12/24 @ 5:37 pm.

[QUOTE=pacaguy;2478755]Okay I’ve read storm jumpers response re: the trail period, when can we expect to have the Free Version ?? ( Date ? )

I’ve uploaded the newest [B]trial verison [/B]but I still get the same response that I need to update or purchase. This is as of 12/24 @ 5:37 pm.[/QUOTE]

According to Fengtao’s new policy for the free version, the free version will be updated 30 to 60 days after the last release which means…
the last release was v6215 on Dec 19 so you can expect the free version to get updated between Jan 19 to Feb 19 :rolleyes: