DVDFab files motion in lawsuit – shows it’s David vs. Goliath case

We’ve just posted the following news: DVDFab files motion in lawsuit – shows it’s David vs. Goliath case[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-dvd-fab-monkey-sad-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-files-motion-in-lawsuit-shows-its-david-vs-goliath-case-72109

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’m not an attorney . As a US citizen I have some necessary understanding of the law .
It would be impossible for any attorney to even read all the US laws in a lifetime ; much less understand them all. So that should be just one argument for a company in China like DVDFab.

For a second argument : As a US citizen I wouldn’t be served by e-mail .
The appropriate law enforcement agency would serve me either a court summons or subpoena . In the case of a Federal court I believe this would be the US Marshal service.
I assume that branch of US law enforcement may have some type of reciprocal agreement with China . Where someone in China’s law enforcement could serve the US documents from a US Federal court. IMO those are the only legal method of service. Certainly not e-mail.
IMO again that should be the primary argument by the US law firm. That DVDFab was never served with any US court documents . Therefore there was no reason for them to appear in a US court.

This is how we treat company’s in China that will have to depend on for trade, China has the fastest growing economy in the world and we take them for granted, this is small potatoes in the larger scheme of things, I am surprised that our govt has not stepped in to stop this travesty by the ACSS-LA.

Here’s some distrubing trends…

DVDFab lawyers strongly believe that the U.S. copyright laws can’t be applied worldwide.
If this was true then the US would be under the law from the Hague court and handle over US criminals that caused the war in IRAQ to the hague to be tried as human right violations as well. But you can see how the US will make a excuse to get out of it. Hypocrisies in real life here…don’t you think… :cop:

the most disturbing is how a Chinese company, with no legal experience in the United States can be sued by e-mail.
That means then they can from the China send US government and Corporations lawsuits through email and if they don’t get the reply back in time the court in China will rule they are at fault and subject to China Laws not US Laws and any interests in China will be liquidated money and database will belong to the Peoples Republic of China. Let’s see how those hawks reply back to that…most likely they will kowtow and say it was all a mistake. IMO

Anyone can see how stupid this maneuver is by the US bought and paid Congress controlled by lobbyists will lead to nowhere but money for pirates.

Hollywood tries a number of different tactics to shut DVDFab down, all to no avail.
Hollywood looking for some leverage, thinks we have almost all of our Bluray and DVD movies manufactured in China. We don’t have to be in China, we could be anywhere in Asia or maybe India, Mexico, Brazil.
They approach the Chinese government and say just that, and also that there is a little Chinese software company (DVDFab) that is being a pain in their side and that they would like them to be reined in.
The Chinese government doesn’t want to shutter those manufacturing plants and lose all those jobs so they cave in to Hollywood.
The government has a little talk with DVDFab and says the U.S. market is off limits for their products.
Which puts DVDFab’s U.S. customers where the are today… with a unsupported useless piece of software.

[QUOTE=Arroyo;2730780]Hollywood tries a number of different tactics to shut DVDFab down, all to no avail.
Hollywood looking for some leverage, thinks we have almost all of our Bluray and DVD movies manufactured in China. We don’t have to be in China, we could be anywhere in Asia or maybe India, Mexico, Brazil.
They approach the Chinese government and say just that, and also that there is a little Chinese software company (DVDFab) that is being a pain in their side and that they would like them to be reined in.
The Chinese government doesn’t want to shutter those manufacturing plants and lose all those jobs so they cave in to Hollywood.
The government has a little talk with DVDFab and says the U.S. market is off limits for their products.
Which puts DVDFab’s U.S. customers where the are today… with a unsupported useless piece of software.[/QUOTE]
I am not going to say it not possible because anything is possible, but if the AACS-LA wants to use up favors on a small company like Fab, why are they letting millions and millions of fake Windows OS sales go untouched? and by the way Microsoft is part of the AACS-LA, so like I said its possible but highly improbable.

What do you other US citizens think about this:
Are you going to answer an e-mail court summons or subpoena ?

The only ones I’ve ever received are jury summons but those always are delivered by regular mail . I even question that because the ones I get don’t arrive registered or certified ( both require a signature of receipt) . So there is no proof of delivery. I’ve never contested this but I & others probably should.
I don’t worry much about it but what happens when a jury summons is delivered to the wrong address ?
Or is lost ?
I know in my area a warrant is issued for failure to appear for jury duty.
You can be arrested at a traffic stop if one of those warrants are issued.
There are then court costs & a fine.
They don’t do all that by e-mail or regular mail .
I suppose it would be dismissed if a person had claimed they never received the summons . At least if they didn’t do this several times.
Still it would be a big PITA for a citizen that had done nothing wrong.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2730790]I am not going to say it not possible because anything is possible, but if the AACS-LA wants to use up favors on a small company like Fab, why are they letting millions and millions of fake Windows OS sales go untouched? and by the way Microsoft is part of the AACS-LA, so like I said its possible but highly improbable.[/QUOTE]

And there lies the hypocrisies … without Windows O/S the software will not work. But M$ wants business with China so they won’t contest pirated Windows in O/S a whole lot of hypocrisies in the making. And also there are probably just as much piracy in the O/S in the USA as well or more. But nevermind that… lmao…