DVDFab extremely slow

I have been using DVD Shrink for some time but when it produced a cyclic redundancy error I thought I would download a trial of DVDFab6. What I found was that DVDFab was very slow. Eventually I decided to copy the main movie in the hope that it would be quicker. I started the process at 5pm and seven hours later (midnight) DVDFab was telling me that it was going to take another 35 hours. When I checked seven hours later (ie 7am) it was ready to burn.

As DVD Shrink takes about half an hour to copy and burn a DVD I assume DVDFab would normally take a similar time.

[QUOTE=cullism;2310219]I have been using DVD Shrink for some time but when it produced a cyclic redundancy error I thought I would download a trial of DVDFab6. What I found was that DVDFab was very slow. Eventually I decided to copy the main movie in the hope that it would be quicker. I started the process at 5pm and seven hours later (midnight) DVDFab was telling me that it was going to take another 35 hours. When I checked seven hours later (ie 7am) it was ready to burn.

As DVD Shrink takes about half an hour to copy and burn a DVD I assume DVDFab would normally take a similar time.[/QUOTE]

Go to Common Settings > General (click on the white check mark in the green disk), and click on Reset DMA (near the bottom of that General screen, on the right).

You’ll probably have to re-boot.

Try again, and you should see a marked increase in speed…

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

I couldn’t find Enable DMA after following your instructions, instead I found Check for DMA Automatically. I restarted my computer and will now try copying a disk. I’ll let you know what happens.

the button to reset dma is on the far right of check for dma.

Before my last message I pressed Reset DMA and rebooted. I tried copying a disk and, after 31 minutes, was told that it had 0.0.0 hours to go. At the same time, the copy was only 8.62% completed Tthe blue line had moved about 2 centimetres.

Do I need to press Reset DMA every time I boot up each morning?

[QUOTE=cullism;2310392]Before my last message I pressed Reset DMA and rebooted. I tried copying a disk and, after 31 minutes, was told that it had 0.0.0 hours to go. At the same time, the copy was only 8.62% completed Tthe blue line had moved about 2 centimetres.

Do I need to press Reset DMA every time I boot up each morning?[/QUOTE]

No, you don’t. Go back to Common Settings > Pathplayer, and set pathplayer to Always Disabled, and try that disc again.

Please let us know.

OC

I’ll do as you suggest. Before receiving your last message I reset the DMA, rebooted, then tried copying the DVD. I stopped when I noticed that it was going to take 5 hours. NOTE: the disk I’m trying to copy (which has no obvious scratches) was rejected by DVD Shrink due to cyclic redundancy errors. Could this be what is causing DVDFab to take so long?

[QUOTE=cullism;2311198]I’ll do as you suggest. Before receiving your last message I reset the DMA, rebooted, then tried copying the DVD. I stopped when I noticed that it was going to take 5 hours. NOTE: the disk I’m trying to copy (which has no obvious scratches) was rejected by DVD Shrink due to cyclic redundancy errors. Could this be what is causing DVDFab to take so long?[/QUOTE]

It’s certainly a possibility. Do other disks take as long to rip as the one in question?

Try another disk…any other disk, and if it completes in a half hour or less, the problem disc may be a bad pressing, and need replacing.

Please advise.

OC

I copied another DVD which took barely 30 minutes, so I assume the problem with the other DVD was related to the cyclic redundancy error.

Thanks for your help.