DVDFAB express runs extremly slow

Hello
Can anyone tell me why my dvdfab express will run fine for awhile on my computer and than it wants to slow down and act like their is not enough memory to run. It makes the mouse very erractic and un responsive when I start the actual decrypting. I have 1 gig of memory and windows xp media edition. My processor is a AMD Athlon 64 3500 operating at 2.2 ghz. I have turned of all virus and spy wear and it still does this. I have not loaded any big programs that may effect the operation. Perhaps other have had this problem with this program. What is the memory requirements for this program? 1 gig should be enough? Hope someone has had this problem and can tell me how to corect it.
Thanks
Bill

1 gig should be plenty, perhaps you should download the new version 2.9.8.2 (beta) maybe that will help.

I impatiently clicked on Express Icon and opened 2 copies once and that caused it to run slow. Also, make sure auto run is disabled because some DVDs have a player that tries to install. You can minimize Express to see if one is trying to install, there is usually a box waiting for you to click OK.

Mack

Remove DVD43 if you have it installed. You might want to make sure that your DMA is on. See here on checking DMA.

Thanks Guys for the tips and suggestions. The problem turned out to be a problem with the cd/dvd drive. I was still under warrenty and Tech support had to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. It is working now, we will see if it continues to work correctly. It is interesting how tech support can take over your computer remotely and you can watch everything they do on your monitor!!
Bill