DVDFab Error's Out

Been using DVDFab free version now for quite a while and it rips through most DVD’s no prob, but lately it’s been running into a couple that it just seems to go and go forever trying to evaluate the DVD and then error’s out or just keeps on trying to open over and over. Haunting in Conneticuit and Horsemen have been the ones I’ve had issues with, but others say no problem so don’t know what the angle is, discs are in good shape, no scratches etc. etc. Any ideas.

Cheers,
Max

[QUOTE=maximus01can;2409702]Been using DVDFab free version now for quite a while and it rips through most DVD’s no prob, but lately it’s been running into a couple that it just seems to go and go forever trying to evaluate the DVD and then error’s out or just keeps on trying to open over and over. Haunting in Conneticuit and Horsemen have been the ones I’ve had issues with, but others say no problem so don’t know what the angle is, discs are in good shape, no scratches etc. etc. Any ideas.

Cheers,
Max[/QUOTE]

Hi maximus01can and welcome,

1. Alter the PathPlayer settings, ie., try both “always enabled” and “disabled”.
    Forget “enable when necessary”.

2. Make sure you’re using the latest version.

3. Clean the disc despite it being in [I]good shape[/I].
    Use a microfiber cloth and some isopropyl alcohol, windex, etc…no plastic solvents.

4. Try another ODD…occasionally where one drive will fail, another will “read” the disc

5. Alter the settings in [B]Read[/B].
    Tick[I] Ignore all reading errors automatically[/I]
    (This may cause you to actually copy read errors, but it may render to disc “rippable” and give you a playable copy).
    and
    untick [I]Enable read-ahead cache[/I]
    The will probably cause a decrease in read speed, but again, may allow the rip to proceed.

6. Exchange the discs from whatever retailer you bought 'em from…

I and others were able to rip The Haunting In Connecticut with 6.0.2.2 with Pathplayer disabled. 6.0.4.0 came out today, so hopefully the Pathplayer glitch on this movie was fixed.