DVDFAB - errors half way through reading bluray - help

vbimport

Hi All,
i really need some help… im quite new to the bluray burning world…
i have a LG burner (H20L) which i have latest fw on.

I basically want to
a) be able to clone an origianl bluray movie
b) be able to write ripped files from my pc i.e (BDMV & Cert folders) onto a BR-r/BR-re and be able to play in my BD player / PS3.

i installed anyDVD HD but to be honest couldnt get hang of it not sure whats it does - seems like it just removes the copy protection (do you use it in conjunction with another programme e.g nero ?

However… i have DVDFAB 8.0.6.0 (just updated to 8.0.6.1 today) and i have tried 2 movies to clone (ghostbuster and chrek1 3d) ghostbusters it recognised the disc but wouldnt even start reading the disc and shrek seems to get around 60%ish (tried several times fluctuates between 50-68%) then freezes and i get the error box with retry, ignore,ignore all, cancel.

its starting to bug me now why wont this work?

I also have nero (v7 i think) and i had a few bluray in .ISO format tried burning to a bd-re and it just crashes 1/2 way through.

i have in the past successfully burnt (carefully word this…) “ripped” blurays which are 25gb (in bdmv/cert) format onto 25gb bd-r which play fine. to confirm i am using 50gb bd-re for the clone process…

please help me…

are there any other programmes i can try?

[QUOTE=grantsmith;2564072]Hi All,
i really need some help… im quite new to the bluray burning world…
i have a LG burner (H20L) which i have latest fw on.

I basically want to
a) be able to clone an origianl bluray movie
b) be able to write ripped files from my pc i.e (BDMV & Cert folders) onto a BR-r/BR-re and be able to play in my BD player / PS3.

i installed anyDVD HD but to be honest couldnt get hang of it not sure whats it does - seems like it just removes the copy protection (do you use it in conjunction with another programme e.g nero ?

However… i have DVDFAB 8.0.6.0 (just updated to 8.0.6.1 today) and i have tried 2 movies to clone (ghostbuster and chrek1 3d) ghostbusters it recognised the disc but wouldnt even start reading the disc and shrek seems to get around 60%ish (tried several times fluctuates between 50-68%) then freezes and i get the error box with retry, ignore,ignore all, cancel.

its starting to bug me now why wont this work?

I also have nero (v7 i think) and i had a few bluray in .ISO format tried burning to a bd-re and it just crashes 1/2 way through.

i have in the past successfully burnt (carefully word this…) “ripped” blurays which are 25gb (in bdmv/cert) format onto 25gb bd-r which play fine. to confirm i am using 50gb bd-re for the clone process…

please help me…

are there any other programmes i can try?[/QUOTE]

If you are having this issue in the middle of the reading process it sounds like the source disc is either dirty or has bad sectors, as for the Blu-ray files/ISO you already have on the hard drive what program did you use for the rip ?

HI,
the bluray movies are brand new not a spec of dust or dirt on them. maybe drive could be dirty??

The iso one i tried i got from online…

the other i managed to successfully rip using anydvdhd and imgburn. (which was shrek 3d)

now i beleive i have the following options

burn the iso to a bd-re using imgburn? or nero? or dvdfab ? saying that all are failing to do so :frowning:

i also tried to use a programme called isobuster to extract the bdmv/cert folders then had the idea of using nero to burn the folders. (although it was taking aaaaages for isobuster to extract the file.)

Just to follow up i am currently in process of burning the iso using imgburn however its about 56% and taken 2h14m and the write retries in past 15 min gone from 3 to 46 and the write rate is dropping to 0kb/s fluxing to maybe 200kb/s whic is about (0.1x) i set it a max of 2 as my bd-re is max x2 speed write.

why is the burning process doing this??

[QUOTE=grantsmith;2564143]HI,
the bluray movies are brand new not a spec of dust or dirt on them. maybe drive could be dirty??

The iso one i tried i got from online…

the other i managed to successfully rip using anydvdhd and imgburn. (which was shrek 3d)

now i beleive i have the following options

burn the iso to a bd-re using imgburn? or nero? or dvdfab ? saying that all are failing to do so :frowning:

i also tried to use a programme called isobuster to extract the bdmv/cert folders then had the idea of using nero to burn the folders. (although it was taking aaaaages for isobuster to extract the file.)[/QUOTE]

This is the DVDFab forum so we can only give help on issues related to DVDFab, the ISO images you got on-line and the files done by your other program has nothing to do with DVDFab, BTW just because you can’t see anything wrong with the disc doesn’t mean it does not have a defect during pressing by the manufacturer.

[QUOTE=grantsmith;2564143]The iso one i tried i got from online… [/QUOTE]

Please also read our guidelines in relation to copyrighted material.

[B]Wombler[/B]

as we speak i am now trying another disc in dvdfab using the clone option with a 3d film (shrek3)
should it make a difference is the film is a 3d bluray or normal bluray? is wil still clone as a 3d yes?

as i just notice in dvdfav there are 2 tabs one for “bluray ripping” and one for “3d bluray ripping”.
but not an option for" 3d bluray clone."
Also i tried to write one of my iso (from ripped bluray) i used the “write data” option to burn the iso onto the bd-re it come up (with a dos style box) and said it didnt like my type of media from the way it read it looked like it wanted a dvd-r ??
if i burn an iso straight onto a bd-/bd-re it should just play as normal in a bd player /3d bd player. correct?
wombler thanks for the FYI. dont worry i do own the original of the iso I d/l. i just wanted to try a iso that someone else ripped rather than my own personal rip.

hi again all
ok this is pretty strange… as previously mentioned im trying to do clone of shrek3-3d using clone option the disc read ok but when it come to burning it said no writeable media (which is correct as the original disc was still in the drive). i then put in my bd-re and as previously mentioned a dos style box prompt came up
however just looking a bit more closely the title of the dos window is C:\programme files (X86)\Nero\Nero7\core
erocmd.exe
reading somethign like this

prepare image
generating relocation information
checking discs

last detected media: BD-R DL
requested media: DVD R/RW, DVD R DL, DVD-RAM

sorry, you compilation cannot be written on this kind of disc. PLease inser a disc of the correct type or modify the setting of your compilation to make them compatable with the current disc.

last detected media: (empty)
Requested media: DVD R/RW, DVD R DL, DVD-RAM

sorry, you compilation cannot be written on this kind of disc. Please inser a disc of the correct type or modify the setting of your compilation to make them compatable with the current disc.
!!!

so why is dvdfab pulling a nero setting in??

nero7 does not burn to Blu-ray media so you will have to change to ImgBurn for the burn engine. If you not already have ImgBurn download and install it and then set it up to work with DVDFab. StormJumper has a Guide for that in his signature

ive just uininstalled nero completely now
i am burning with imgburn directly but still having same issue that as before that write spped is 0.1x- 0.0x sooo slow to the point of crashing
hopefully it will work better as part of dvdfab ?

can anyone answer my questions regarding the 3d bluray movies?

Sure hope you used the Nero uninstall tool to remove it completely from computer. As for the 3D Blu-ray problem not sure but do know you have to use the Clone mode for that. You can try and change the A/V Codec settings in common settings of DVDFab to software for all choices to see if that helps.

I do not burn Blu-ray to media so not know what problem is

yep used nero uninstall tool.

i configured img burn with dvdfab however im still getting issues burning the iso to disc using imgburn. i left it over night and what happens is the write speed just drops to almost nothing and when i returned to the pc i had a error msg saying

I/o error
device: [0:2:0] HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW - H20L YL05 (I:) (ATAPI)

scsistatus 0x02
interpretation: check condition
CBD 2A 00 00 3B 06 40 00 00 20 00
Interpretation Write (10) - sectors: 3868224 - 38682555

any ideas why i cant burn an iso? all programmes i tried fail nero/imgburn etc.

[QUOTE=grantsmith;2564286]yep used nero uninstall tool.

i configured img burn with dvdfab however im still getting issues burning the iso to disc using imgburn. i left it over night and what happens is the write speed just drops to almost nothing and when i returned to the pc i had a error msg saying

I/o error
device: [0:2:0] HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW - H20L YL05 (I:) (ATAPI)

scsistatus 0x02
interpretation: check condition
CBD 2A 00 00 3B 06 40 00 00 20 00
Interpretation Write (10) - sectors: 3868224 - 38682555

any ideas why i cant burn an iso? all programmes i tried fail nero/imgburn etc.[/QUOTE]
If you are talking about the ISO files you got online the we can’t help because it was not processed by DVDFab, if they was processed by DVDFab what settings did you use and have you tried re-ripping the original disc again.

one of the iso i am trying to burn was generated using dvdfab. (shrek3 -3d)
this is the steps i have taken
open dvdfab,
insert movie
select blu-ray clone
drive reads disc (purple reading bar) i select region B (europe)
soruce is I:\ (bd writer)
target is I:\ bd writer
click start. tell me file already exsits in c:\user\grant\document\dvdfabztemp\clone do i want to overwrite. i selected yes (to create a new iso incase of any errors on the iso. )
now starting read est time 2hours…(quikcly amend to 1h 5mins)
In my settling they are as follow
read options settings
I/O mode -auto
in reading error control
"ask retry/ignore/abort when reading error " is selected
"igore all reading errors" is not selcted
retry times = 1
skip sectors after a reading error = 32
cache control - enable read ahead cache = selected
Blu-ray - file reading mode = internal (UDF 2.50 parser +I/o)

write options settings
burning engine - imgburn
bluray - write speed = recommended
writeable media (bd-25) = 23700
writable media (bd50) size = 43700
overwrite rewritable media = selected
verify disc after burning = selected
at moment its reading so will post update in an hour…

note: i was talking to my friend in IT he said maybe its to do with my system ram as im trying to burn 1 large 46ishgb iso file. and it seems speed detirorates as burning gets further alone (around 50%-60%) and maybe running out of ram i have 4gb of ram and a quad processor. so unsure if this could cause issue.?

the error i got from imgburn before when trying to burn iso was …

I/O error
device [0:2:0] HL-DT-ST BDRE GGW-H20L YL05(ATAPI)

scsistatus 0w02
interpretation check condition

cdb 2a 00 00 38 06 40 00 00 20 00
interpretation write (10) : sectors 3868224 - 3868255

sense area 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 21 02 00 00 00 Interpretation invalid address for write

my iso is now burning on imgburn currently 6% and write rate = 3,820/s (0.9x)

however the buffers (buffer and devise buffer) are at 100% does this indecate an issue?

Thanks