Dvdfab dvd to xbox360 audio

Im testing out the latest version of dvdfab and started having problems backing up my dvds to xbox360 wmv. The first 2 movies I tried worked fine then the last one looked great but the audio skipped or stopped randomly. I reinstalled windows to be safe and only added the needed drivers back on. Same issue with any movie i test whether its from the DVD or from ISO the resulting WMV has choppy audio. I wonder if its due to the WMA9 encoder as that and the video are very memory intensive. If so can it be set to 8? or if there are other possibilities i missed id love to pick up this software. Convert to divx works fine just prefer the wmv video quality.

[QUOTE=boysetsfirexp;1979656]Im testing out the latest version of dvdfab and started having problems backing up my dvds to xbox360 wmv. The first 2 movies I tried worked fine then the last one looked great but the audio skipped or stopped randomly. I reinstalled windows to be safe and only added the needed drivers back on. Same issue with any movie i test whether its from the DVD or from ISO the resulting WMV has choppy audio. I wonder if its due to the WMA9 encoder as that and the video are very memory intensive. If so can it be set to 8? or if there are other possibilities i missed id love to pick up this software. Convert to divx works fine just prefer the wmv video quality.[/QUOTE]

Try installing MP11 you need to have it installed when using Xbox 360 option if I remember right, or at least one of the driver it uses

Ah yea forgot to add that i reinstalled that as well. Streaming to xbox is fine but the files created by dvdfab under the xbox360 profile have stuttering audio on the pc and on xbox. Sorry thre was jsut so many things iv tried i didnt wanna bore you with details.

[QUOTE=boysetsfirexp;1979695]Ah yea forgot to add that i reinstalled that as well. Streaming to xbox is fine but the files created by dvdfab under the xbox360 profile have stuttering audio on the pc and on xbox. Sorry thre was jsut so many things iv tried i didnt wanna bore you with details.[/QUOTE]

When asking or looking for help it is always good to give as mush details as you can this info allows us to pin point the problem area

I’m not sure about your problem, but try the Generic MP4/h.264 profile instead ,IMO the quality is much better than wmv ,at least for me…
Works great when streaming to Xbox,or backup to CD…
BTW,I stream with TVersity…

hi,

Do you want to use wma8 to encode your audio ?

just open the file “xbox360.wmv.wma.480p.xml” which is in your DVDFab install directory and “profile” subdir.

change this line “<acodec name=“wma9”>” into “<acodec name=“wma8”>” and save it.

try again, tell me the result. thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried editing just the line close to the bottom of t he profile as you described and then DVDfab wouldnt open. No errors just didnt respond to the icon. So i changed it back and edited the line about about the audio setting to say WMA8 and that let me open dvdfab and showed wma8 at the config screeen before ripping. But i get the error “Task_1 failed! Error=4(501 18 -1072886846 502 1)” in the log. Not sure what exactly the issue is but for some reason it doesnt like the wmv. didnt know if it was just me or if theres some tweaking i gotta do.

I have exactly the same issues with WMV. I wrote a short post. http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/please-tell-me-problem-when-you-using-dvdfab-mobile-function-230642/index3.html.

hi.

sorry, this error is said wma8 codec is not install in your system.

so some question about your problem:

1. which version WMP install in your system ?
  2. all your DVD source have the problem or some special DVD titles?
  3. the problem file can be played in PC ?
  4. try to adjust wma bitrate to test it.

Thanks.

thanks for the help. And ill try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

1.)I have a fresh install of windowsxp SP2 with WMP11.
2.)Yes all DVDs sources end with the same result. I have tried old dvds and new. As well as attempting to rip it to the HDD first as an ISO to attempt to speed up the process. The ISO’s are fine but the WMV created has skippy audio.
3.)The problem files created by DVDFAB have audio issues when played on PC or xbox so its within the file itself.
4.) attempted the same run with a lower bitrate from 128 to 96 and the issues was still present.

The last bit of help to change the profile for the WMA8 didnt really change anything wasnt sure if there was another way or more code needed.

I confirm I have exactly the same results on Vista 32 + WMP11. Audio bitrate does not matter. Tested on PC and Xbox360 as well. :frowning:

I know this is kinda late but you guys gave me the idea to try and rip it in the Ipod profile to mpeg4 all went well.
I copied the MP4 to my FreeNas server and my Xbox360 did a small update and it is playing fine.

I am running the latest version of DvdFab on Win7.

I forgot to say that the xbox profile ends saying it was successful but in the log I get this error Task_1 failed! Error=4(501 18 -1072886856) and a very small file that will not play.