DVDFAB & DVD Size After Using

I am using the latest release version of the Free DVDFab. I am running Windows XP.

It seems that with the last couple of release versions that after running DVDFab the files left take up less space than they did before. For example, most newer DVD titles would have to be compressed or just make a regular DVD disk. Now, the movie only seems to take-up about 1/2 to 3/4 of the blank DVD.

I have the options in DVDFab set to copy all parts of the DVD (except DVD Rom). And when I am burning I do not cut-out any parts of the DVD.

Why is this happening? I used to need a dual layer disk for many movies but now they all fit on a regular DVD.

Any help would be appreciated!

What kind of app. are you using to burn the files on your HDD to disk ? And please give the name of a movie you have experienced this on. ~ Mike

Here is an example. I am just about to back-up [B]Sunshine[/B] which I just got today. It is 1:47 minutes long yet the movie alone, after using DVDFAB is only 2,733 gb. Usually a movie that long is at least closer to 4 gb or more. The whole disk, with nothing removed is going to fit on a regular DVD with no compression at just unter 4.5 gb.

Hopefully someone else has this movie and can give me a comparison.

The same thing happened with [B]Death Sentence[/B]. Burned it, uncompressed and it fit on a regular DVD, including the theater & unrated versions! Didn’t leave out anything when ripping either. Very odd indeed!

You know, it almost sounds like you are using the free trail of Platinum instead of HD Decrypter. Because it does sound like it’s compressing your movies. I am not aware of these movie’s that you are useing. Do you have anything more popular in your collection that I might possibly have and I could repeat your process because I keep Fab HD Decrypter onhand for whatever reason ? ~ Mike

[QUOTE=BwanaJim;1973243]Here is an example. I am just about to back-up [B]Sunshine[/B] which I just got today. It is 1:47 minutes long yet the movie alone, after using DVDFAB is only 2,733 gb. Usually a movie that long is at least closer to 4 gb or more. The whole disk, with nothing removed is going to fit on a regular DVD with no compression at just unter 4.5 gb.

Hopefully someone else has this movie and can give me a comparison.[/QUOTE]
I used DVD FAB(free) and shrink and Deep burner to do SUNSHINE and
DEATH SENTENCE and both were 4464 MB on the disc and the final burn showed the whole disc was used so I dont know where your problem is coming from. I have windows Vista also. Hope this helps to answer your question about how many MB’s on the disc. This was main movie only also

DVDFab Platinum reports the main movie title in Sunshine at 4047 MB (no menus, AC-3/5.1 audio only).