DVDFab DVD Copy - Merge & DVD Shrink

vbimport

Hi,
I like to know I can use Merge to merge three parts of the same movie as one to hard drive folder or DVD.
I use DVD Shinrk to edit the main movie into three folders.
thanks

[QUOTE=SuperDuty;2566228]Hi,
I like to know I can use Merge to merge three parts of the same movie as one to hard drive folder or DVD.
I use DVD Shinrk to edit the main movie into three folders.
thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes you can use the merge mode to do what you want, I personally would just use DVD Shrink to do it since your already using it to do the editing. :wink:

StormJumper
I can’t figure out how to merge the three VIDEO_TS folders using DVD Shrink as one complete movie.
Is there a guide for this ?

Also I keep getting kick out when I add a attach files already uploaded.
Keep relogging back in the last hour.

[QUOTE=SuperDuty;2566335]StormJumper
I can’t figure out how to merge the three VIDEO_TS folders using DVD Shrink as one complete movie.
Is there a guide for this ?

Also I keep getting kick out when I add a attach files already uploaded.
Keep relogging back in the last hour.[/QUOTE]

When you DVDFab and click on the ? mark you will see “Tutorial” which eplains how to use merge and other modes, as far as Shrink fairly easy…

Use the Re-Author feature and after you add title 1 of the first segment of your film click on the drop menu on the right as shown below and browse for the next VIDEO_TS folder and add the title from it to the left side then browse for the other…

It also depends on what you are after SuperDuty . I didn’t understand why you split the movie into 3 folders with DVDShrink as you posted in your first post.
Are you going for a single layer or dual layer ?
Just using DVDShrink as above doesn’t produce a completely smooth transition .
If that’s ok with you then use as above in SJ’s post.
It doesn’t cover this so you might want to use DVDShrinks ReAuthor Set Start/End Frames function on each title so they are close to a smooth transition.

If you want a smoother transition merge as above then use the .pdf in the post in the link . You usually won’t need the Chapter edit software. But will need IFOEdit & VobEdit.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2566340]

Use the Re-Author feature and after you add title 1 of the first segment of your film click on the drop menu on the right as shown below and browse for the next VIDEO_TS folder and add the title from it to the left side then browse for the other…
[/QUOTE]
Thanks StormJumper
I didn’t know about that part of DVD Shrink.
Ok I play it back using VLC notice each V_TS folder didn’t have same time frame but did play back as a complete movie
no stopping between folders.
Next try it with WD HD Media Player to see how that play back.:bow:

[QUOTE=cholla;2566361]It also depends on what you are after SuperDuty . I didn’t understand why you split the movie into 3 folders with DVDShrink as you posted in your first post.
Are you going for a single layer or dual layer ?
Just using DVDShrink as above doesn’t produce a completely smooth transition .
If that’s ok with you then use as above in SJ’s post.
It doesn’t cover this so you might want to use DVDShrinks ReAuthor Set Start/End Frames function on each title so they are close to a smooth transition.

If you want a smoother transition merge as above then use the .pdf in the post in the link . You usually won’t need the Chapter edit software. But will need IFOEdit & VobEdit.

cholla
Check my thread Just bought DVDFab DVD Copy post #3.
That’s for movie The Last Air Bender.
This thread for X-Men Wolverine.
I tryed those edit softwares they were over my head I’m just a
beginner when I become novice try them again.
Thanks’
ps
What about DVD Rebuilder vs DVD Shrink.
:bow:

I only use the free version of DVDFab so Merge is not an option I can test with it.
It might work well .
I also don’t have DVD Copy.
If you ever decide to try the method in the .pdf .Get you some RW’s to practice with.
You also might want to make a copy of the .pdf.
I didn’t create it so it is a copy of another’s hard work that has came in handy for me.
I use both DVD Rebuilder free version & DVDShrink.
DVDShrink has some uses beyond DVDRebuilder & for those it is better. It is still a transcoder though . So it is the transcoder verses encoder arguement.
DVDRebuilder is an encoder. I use mine with HCenc & I’ve made some modifications to make it work better. Mostly to the two .ini files. It also can use CCE which ranges from expensive to very expensive.

[QUOTE=SuperDuty;2566366]Next try it with WD HD Media Player to see how that play back.:bow:[/QUOTE]Hi,
DVD Shrink & DVDFab DVD Copy- Merge did not work.
Only played back the first part of the movie.
Maybe I try the softwares [B]cholla[/B] mention.

I did a test merge with both DVDShrink & I went ahead & got the trial of DVDFab8.
Both worked about the same.
The first movie was all that showed in VLC for the time but when I moved the slider to the end & let the time run out there was a slight pause & the second movie started.
So maybe you just need to give it a little time to change.
I played the folder from the hard drive & didn’t burn it to a test RW.

[QUOTE=cholla;2566583]I did a test merge with both DVDShrink & I went ahead & got the trial of DVDFab8.
Both worked about the same.
The first movie was all that showed in VLC for the time but when I moved the slider to the end & let the time run out there was a slight pause & the second movie started.
So maybe you just need to give it a little time to change.
I played the folder from the hard drive & didn’t burn it to a test RW.[/QUOTE]

I have no problems with VLC playing back movie on PC just the with WD HD Media Player. I connect hard drive to player to watch movies on TV.

Hi
I used VobEdit & IFOEdit and it work play back on WD HD Media Player but had some problems with subtitles and audio DVD Shrink show lost more than half the Mbs.

Here before.

After

Final using DVD Rebuilder

Also I looking for Full Guide for both softwares.
thanks

Since this thread has drifted to other programs I’m moving it to the “Movie Copy Software” forum.

[B]SJ[/B]