Dvdfab - drive wont open after backing up and ask for blank disk?!

vbimport

Hi. im new to the whole dvdfab thing… just split up with the partner and now have to do this all myself. ive just bought an Asus laptop and purchased DVDfab… ive downloaded the free version for the minute… It is able to read the DVDs im putting in and backing them up to my hard drive, but when i had the other computer, when this happenen, the disk drive would open and ask for a blank disk… My laptop isnt doing that… ive gone through the settings because i knew that there was that option with DVD shrink when i had it, but i cant seem to find this anywhere…??

How do i get the program to open my disk drive and ask for a blank disk to be inserted?? :confused:

[quote=cherba2000;2097806]Hi. im new to the whole dvdfab thing… just split up with the partner and now have to do this all myself. ive just bought an Asus laptop and purchased DVDfab… ive downloaded the free version for the minute… It is able to read the DVDs im putting in and backing them up to my hard drive, but when i had the other computer, when this happenen, the disk drive would open and ask for a blank disk… My laptop isnt doing that… ive gone through the settings because i knew that there was that option with DVD shrink when i had it, but i cant seem to find this anywhere…??

How do i get the program to open my disk drive and ask for a blank disk to be inserted?? :confused:[/quote]
The free version of dvdfab does not do that. All it does is copy the movie to your HDD. After that you need another program like dvdshrink to compress the movie to fit a dvd5 disc and imgburn or nero burning rom to burn to your blank disc. Now if you are using the 30 day free trial of dvdfab platinum or gold then you need to tell us that

Is your Source and Target the same? It has to be, to select the Target use the drop down box and scrool down to your burner and select it there

As said above, the free version WILL NOT burn a disk.

Sorry guys but if you look at the orignal post it said that he just purchased DVDFAB and d/l the free version so I was thinking that he still was using the 30 day free trail and YES I KNOW the free version won’t burn or shrink a movie, but if he paid for it then why is he using 3 different programs instead of 1

Well the original post is not too clear. Says purchased but downloaded the free version. If the OP was using the trial version then should have said so. Jimbo you and I both covered what the OP needed to know and hopefully the OP figured it out

Hope so too as sometimes it’s hard to read what they are thinking or trying to say :slight_smile: