Dvdfab Downloads Virus?

HELLO TO YOU ALL !
TODAY AFTER VIRUS SCAN USING NORTON 2006 THE SOFTWARE DETECT A VIRUS AND A SECURITY RISK AT ALL DVD FAB DOWNLOADS - AND I HAVE MANY AS A BACKUP.
IT WAS FOUND IN ALL DVDFABPLATINUM2.9.EXE - THE VIRUS IS WINFIXER.
WHAT IS GOING ON .
PLESAE YOUR RESPOND.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
MR. M

WinFixer was also an issue with Spybot Search & Destroy a while back, it’s a false detection, as Norton is famous for, I can assure you if you download DVDFab products from their website, it’ll be a clean download.

O.k
What To Do ?
It Keep Pop Up As A Virus - I Realy Dont Want To Delete All My Backup Files So What Is The Solution ?
Thanks
Mr. M

I don’t want to tell you to change your choice of Antivirus, especially if you paid for Norton Antivirus 2006. I personally use McAfee VirusScan 10.0.27 and have never had a problem while using DVDFab products… Kaspersky Anti-Virus is another one I’ve used and haven’t had any trouble using. But if I were you, I would disable any Antivirus detecting programs when trying to backup a movie. In alot of cases, Norton will see certain programs as viruses, when actually they aren’t, that’s where the false detection comes from. Don’t get me wrong, Norton is a good product, I just prefer not to use it.

Hello again
its not the program that creats problems.
its the install files dvdfabplatinum2.9.exe at all the forms
and thus is the real probleme.
by the way AVG and Kasperskey found the same virus.
thanks
mr. m

I also run NIS 2006 and it detects Winfixer in the DVDFab Plat installer, however it seems to be a false detection.

See http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/winfixer.html for how to check if Winfixer is really there, so far on this clean install of Windows with DVDFab Plat installed I cannot find any parts of WinFixer in my registry or anywhere else.

I also had a similar problem I use Avast now

Dear all,

It’s a false warning that our products contains virus.

I think it’s caused by the latest virus definition of Norton, since I also have Norton installed on my PC, and today I start to get the warning :frowning:

I think it may be caused by the installer we used “Inno Setup”, I’ll try to use a newer version to see if it changes something.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Tried the latest version of “Inno Setup” and no virus warning now.

Will update the setup file on website soon.

Dear all,

All the files are updated, please try to re-download to see the result.

The problem is caused by the false warning of Norton when detecting old version of Inno Setup, and now we use the latest version of Inno Setup, and the problem is gone.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Well, it seems you’ve got an answer to your problem along with good advice from other members. Myself, I’ve used norton for many years and over the last 2 years or so, I have become increasingly disenchanted with it. First off, it’s a resource hog and so in-your-face. There are cleaner, faster and more efficient programs. It has it’s share if misses but no program out there is perfect. It also has too many false negatives. I believe it’s biggest failing is that when it doesn’t handle something well…it can really screw up. I’ve had to reformat my pcs, my wife’s, my kids’, and friends pcs too many times. During the last episode, my recent custom pc crashed so badly, I thought 2 of the hard drives were actually physically damaged…reformatting didn’t clean it…I had to run “killdisk”.

Anyway, like dmp31, I hate to tell you what to do, but I’ll never put norton in another one of my pcs again. The only app that I really ever missed was the clone feature in ghost and I’ve found that acronis does a better job.

Sorry for the long post, I’ll shut up now.

Maineman…

Ditto on your post. Norton has cost me too much in repairs and stress to ever use it again.

“fengtao” DVDFabDecrypter comes up with the same virus warning with Nortons.
Have you updated the installer for this also…?

Spoke up before I checked. DVDFabDecrypters installer has been fixed too.
:o :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Thanks again “fengtao”…!!!

Yes I also did not have a problem until I updated Norton and ran a scan …it identified all my downloads as virussed…(but not the installed programs.) I asked it to fix and it kindly wiped out all my old versions !. Have downloaded a copy of the latest DVDFab decrypter 2.9.7.0 and this seemed to be ok with a Norton scan…no warning now…thanks Fengtao

Can you set Norton to ignore a folder, if you can put the down loads in a special folder.
I don’t use Norton because my wife used it before we married and had to uninstall it to install many programs.

Mack

No I dont think so …I looked at that , it allows you to skip the files it has identified as an option (the other is to allow it to “fix” the problem" i.e wipe them out )…but they would show up as "Threats " at the next scan.
In theory you can re-install what it wiped but there is no mileage in that, they were old versions. SpyBot does allow an “Ignore” function though.
Thankfully Fengtao has fixed the problem anyway.

CA Etrust Inoculate -

I was a fan of norton for five years, i get fed up with there products about 6 months ago and changed, wish i had done it years back!

Try panda antivirus or McFee they are solid and 100% better than Norton IMO

Thnks To All !
The New Update Is Not Recognise As Virus
The Problem Is Gone
The Only Bad Thing That Happand Is That I Lost All My Old Downloads Of The Last 2-3 Years.
Is There A Way To Get Them ?
Thanks Alot
Mr. M