DVDFab doesn't finish when converting DVD to dpg

vbimport

I’ve been trying to convert DVD movies to .dpg for my DS and after it reaches 100% the program doesn’t finish but keeps running (all night in some cases) and I don’t know why. I can convert DVDs for my cell phone no problem but the NDS conversion doesn’t seem to like me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

hi,

Can you cancel the progress ?

when you cancel it, try to play this file and check it is full length ?

and this problem happened in other movie or just in the special DVD ?

Please check it.

Thanks.

it happens in any movie I’ve tried. Should I hit the cancel button once it reaches 100%?

hi,

I will try to test DPG convert tomorrow first.

and you can try to click cancel and check the result file.

has anyone else ever experienced this?

Tried again last night…program crashed before it reached 100%

Should I be using the default settings (i.e. not changing resolution)? Whould that make a difference? Anyone?

hi,

I try to convert one movie to dpg, looks no problem.

Are you sure all movie cannot finish it ? or you can try a short chapter first ?

First post, although I have been using the free DVDFab since July 07, upgrading to the pay version in May 08. Great product guys !

I am having the same problem as fnsmag with DPG conversion. It either crashes (I have emailed a couple of crash reports off), or as fnsmag says, it gets to 100% then never ends. Looking at the temporary files that are left around at the end of the process, the video files look ok, but the sound files are always empty.

I have tried to convert to DPS using something other than DVDFab (DPGBatch) and that also produces empty sound files (so it might be related to the configuration of whatever DVDFab & DPGBatch are using to do the conversion under the hood (ffmpeg or mencoder ?).

Scouting around the net, the only fix I could see was setting the ffdshow audio decoder configuration for the Mixer, so that the Output speakers configuration was 2/0 - stereo, but I only option I have close to that is 2/0/0 - stereo option :frowning:

I have just reinstalled DVDFab using Stormjumpers procedure and the result is the same. Converting to dpg results in a crash, leaving behind a small (45MB) mv1 fie, but empty mp2 & dpg files.

glad to see I’m not alone here…still looking for some help though

It would be nice to get this sorted out, as converting to DPG format os a right rolay pain in the you know what. All of the programs I have found that can do it (dpgenc/dpgtools, batchdbg & ezbuilder) all need you to convert your DVD’s from VOB format first (to something like avi), before converting that to dpg. This two stage process takes hours and converting twice doesn’t do the quality much good !

The only programs I have found that can do it in one stage are DVDFab & SUPER (although SUPER obviously doesn’t do the rip for you). SUPER seems very slow and uses a huge amount of temporary disk space, so I would really like to be able to use DVDFab for this.

I appreciate that there probably aren’t many people out there using the NDS function within DVDFab, so if you need anything specific tested, please let me know.

Have just tried another disc. In the second pass, the program has stopped at 15.84% (still clocking up elapsed, time but task time left & encofing fps are both 0). Looking in the nds output directory, I have a 45MB mv1, and empty mp2 & dpg’s :frowning:

hi,

sorry for not fixed this problem recently, but this problem is in the top of my work list.

Have just tried another disc. In the second pass, the program has stopped at 15.84% (still clocking up elapsed, time but task time left & encofing fps are both 0). Looking in the nds output directory, I have a 45MB mv1, and empty mp2 & dpg’s

if it is possible, could you give me the DVD volumen name, if I have this DVD, I can directly test it.

Thanks.

I have been trying to copy Iron Man & The Incredilble Hulk (this years version), both region 2, but from copies (made using DVDFAB to rip, DVD Rebuilder to shrink & ImgBurn to write).

I will try from an original DVD. One that I know you will have is Talladega Nights (based on the number of times it has been mentioned in this forum), so I will try that one (region 2).

Thanks for looking at this problem. I have tried Talladega Nights few times & it either hangs or crashes.

Hang
17% of the way through the first pass, the encoding fps goes to 0 and the task time left goes to 0 (although task time elapsed is still going up).
In the output directory I have a 45MB dpg (no mv1 or mp2), which won’t play on a DS and three 12MB raw files in the DVDFab\Temp\Raw directory.

Crash
The crash leaves a 45MB mv1 file, but no mp2 or dpg.
errorlog.xml mentions an access violation and ‘Not enough storage is available to process this command’ (I have pasted part of the errorlog.xml file in below).
I have around a gig an a half of free memory, 6 GB od free disk ion C:, 5 GB of free disk where DVDFab is installed (D:) & 36 GB free disk where the DVDFab ‘Target’, ‘Output directory’ & ‘Temporary directory’ are (H:). There was no sign of any of the disk partitions running out of space whilst DVDFab was running.
I would send off the crash report, but your inbox is full !

<report version=“1”>
<platform>Win32</platform>
<application>DVDFab</application>
<version>5.1.1.5</version>
<computer>XXXXXXXXXX</computer>
<user>XXXXXXX</user>
<timestamp>128717334062440000</timestamp>

• <error>
    <what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>
  • <process>
    <name>DVDFab.exe</name>
    <id>5124</id>
    </process>
    <module>D:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\DVDFab.exe</module>
    <address>001B:007216DC</address>
  • <function>
    <name />
    <offset />
    </function>
    <file />
  • <line>
    <number />
    <offset />
    </line>
    </error>
    <usermsg />
  • <syserror>
    <code>0x00000008</code>
    <description>Not enough storage is available to process this command.</description>
    </syserror>
  • <comerror>
    <description />
    <helpfile />
    <source />
    <guid />
    </comerror>
  • <registers>
    <eax>0x10B24EE0</eax>
    <ebx>0x00000000</ebx>
    <ecx>0x1B966010</ecx>
    <edx>0x000002FF</edx>
    <esi>0x00000C00</esi>
    <edi>0x00000C00</edi>
    <esp>0x0FFCFD9C</esp>
    <ebp>0xFFFFFF2D</ebp>
    <eip>0x007216DC</eip>
    <cs>0x001B</cs>
    <ds>0x0023</ds>
    <ss>0x0023</ss>
    <es>0x0023</es>
    <fs>0x003B</fs>
    <gs>0x0000</gs>
    <eflags>0x00010216</eflags>
    </registers>

I’m having this problem too. Cannot convert anything to NDS format. DVD Fab crashes part-way through. Other formats work fine. Error report attached. I have 3 drives installed. The C drive has 13GB free, D has 80GB free and E has 150GB free. DVD Fab is installed on E. The temp dir for DVD Fab is on D. Help please!

error report.txt (38.7 KB)

Yes, I have a very similar problem. I can convert to iPod or iTouch and copy DVD flawlessly but when I try to convert to NDS it crashes.

If I do a 1-pass copy, it crashes about midway; if I do a 2 pass, the first pass is successful but the second pass crashes about 1/3 of the way.

No, I can not cancel but after a period of time (when I’ve waited) it times out and does a dumpfile of which I’ve sent 3 in. I have been unsuccessful in approx 11 attempts.

[QUOTE=Ting;2160482]hi,

sorry for not fixed this problem recently, but this problem is in the top of my work list.

[/QUOTE]

When you gonna fix it then?

I’m having this same problem. The previous version of DVD Fab 5 worked OK for me, but upgrading to the new 5.1.1.0 now causes the problems. The 5.1.1.8 beta also has the same problem.

Can we still download the older 5.0.x version from somewhere?