DVDFab doesn\'t "see" Blu Ray DVD in drive (LG GGC-H20L)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GGC-H20L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have the latest beta release of DVDFab 5 - I have had this same problem since I bought DVDFab a few months ago - ver 4.x something. My problem is that when I run DVDFab, it won’t show me the Blu-Ray disc even though it is in the drive. So, the Source pull down menu says “Please insert DVD disc…”. It scans when I first open DVDFab and regular DVDs show up in the pull down and work fine. I’ve contacted DVDFab tech support about this and they said to wait for a later version…this was two or three versions ago.

Does anyone know of any software conflicts (such as Nero) or problems with the LG drive? I’m pretty good at troubleshooting and I’ve disabled items in my startup (WinXP) and I just can’t get Blu-Ray DVDs to work. I’ve used AnyDVD Ripper and it works fine (no longer installed on this PC).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Doug

[quote=spenserj87;2097151][qanda]This thread is about the LG GGC-H20L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have the latest beta release of DVDFab 5 - I have had this same problem since I bought DVDFab a few months ago - ver 4.x something. My problem is that when I run DVDFab, it won’t show me the Blu-Ray disc even though it is in the drive. So, the Source pull down menu says “Please insert DVD disc…”. It scans when I first open DVDFab and regular DVDs show up in the pull down and work fine. I’ve contacted DVDFab tech support about this and they said to wait for a later version…this was two or three versions ago.

Does anyone know of any software conflicts (such as Nero) or problems with the LG drive? I’m pretty good at troubleshooting and I’ve disabled items in my startup (WinXP) and I just can’t get Blu-Ray DVDs to work. I’ve used AnyDVD Ripper and it works fine (no longer installed on this PC).

Doug[/quote] DVDFABhddecrypter is still a work in progress, its a free program, it will work fine with regular DVDs but it has some issues with hd.

[quote=spenserj87;2097151][qanda]This thread is about the LG GGC-H20L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have the latest beta release of DVDFab 5 - I have had this same problem since I bought DVDFab a few months ago - ver 4.x something. My problem is that when I run DVDFab, it won’t show me the Blu-Ray disc even though it is in the drive. So, the Source pull down menu says “Please insert DVD disc…”. It scans when I first open DVDFab and regular DVDs show up in the pull down and work fine. I’ve contacted DVDFab tech support about this and they said to wait for a later version…this was two or three versions ago.

Doug[/quote]
Here are some links for you to read about dvdfab and blu ray discs. http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/fabdvd-hd-decryptor-not-seeing-hd-discs-243748/ , http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/blu-ray-not-recognized-dvdfab-hd-220031/ , http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/simple-guide-backing-up-blu-ray-hd-dvd-dvdfab-hd-decryptor-220861/index2.html . As far as I know dvdfab is unable to back up Blu Ray discs at the moment.