DVDFab Decrypter

Several versions ago, DVDFab Decrypter would see and rip Blu-ray Discs to the HDD(still have one of the ripped BDs there).

At some point, one of the updates seems to have changed and it no longer sees an inserted Blu-ray Disc - "Please insert DVD disc or choose DVD folder… "

When I insert a BD, DVDFab does say “Scanning media, please wait…” then goes right back to “Please insert DVD disc - blah blah”

Is there something somewhere that I can do to persuade DVDFab Decrypter to see(and then rip) the Blu-ray Discs again?
Thanks!
David

You may want to read this.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/1900189-post22.html

and this from about post #8

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/simple-guide-backing-up-blu-ray-hd-dvd-dvdfab-hd-decrypter-220861/

Link #1 tells me nothing.
Link #2 is broken.

Are you trying to convey that DVDFab HD no longer does HD?

IF DVDFab HD decrypter will no longer decrypt HD content on Blu-ray, why is it still named “HD”? :a

Shame, really.
I should have never updated…

Go to the top of the page where all the Read First threads are listed
Look at the one titled–
: A simple guide to backing up Blu-ray/HD-DVD with DVDFab HD Decrypter

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard dadkins. :iagree: :clap:
2nd [B][U]link[/U][/B].

[QUOTE=zebadee;1940366]Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard dadkins. :iagree: :clap:
2nd [B][U]link[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]

Off Topic:

zebadee your link is broken also. this is something that i have had problems with as well.

troy

[QUOTE=dadkins;1940337]Are you trying to convey that DVDFab HD no longer does HD?[/QUOTE]
no, it means:

Consumers are advised to check with the manufacturer of their AACS-enabled Blu-ray or HD DVD PC-based player to make sure you have installed the latest version. The following manufacturers have provided links to provide relevant information and facilitate consumer updating of their players:

troy

[QUOTE=troy512;1940499]Off Topic:

zebadee your link is broken also. this is something that i have had problems with as well.

troy[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lately the site has been more glitchy in a # of ways.

1. Broken links, but if you c&p the entire address, no problem.
  2. Server is too busy, slow or otherwise glitchy…more frequent recently.
  3. Search function is non-specific in terms of a confined search. For eg., if I choose to search specifically only the Fab forum, I still get a ton of hits all over the forum. I can still manually narrow the search using “Advanced Search”, but I didn’t have to do this previously…maybe I’m missing something here.

There’s probably more, but these came to mind right off.

[QUOTE=Benhad;1940361]Go to the top of the page where all the Read First threads are listed
Look at the one titled–
: A simple guide to backing up Blu-ray/HD-DVD with DVDFab HD Decrypter[/QUOTE]

Ok, from what I gathered, this is telling me to upgrade PowerDVD.
Uhm, no!
The latest PowerDVD Ultra refuses to playback from HDD.
So, me “updating to the latest player software” will do nothing helpful.

Question:
Why is it that AnyDVD HD will still rip Blu-ray to HDD, yet DVDFab HD will not?
Problem cannot be the keys because the BD drive will still read/play the discs.
Newest Firmware - yes!

I prefer to use DVDFab, but it no workie!
See my problem here?

If DVDFab is broken now, someone admit it and do something about it.

Here:
For everyone trying to say it is my drive/keys/firmware/player software/whatever. Y’all are wrong!

Anyone care to try and explain why AnyDVD HD can still rip Blu-ray Discs and DVDFab HD can’t?

[quote=dadkins;1940910]Ok, from what I gathered, this is telling me to upgrade PowerDVD.
Uhm, no!
The latest PowerDVD Ultra refuses to playback from HDD.
So, me “updating to the latest player software” will do nothing helpful.

Question:
Why is it that AnyDVD HD will still rip Blu-ray to HDD, yet DVDFab HD will not?
Problem cannot be the keys because the BD drive will still read/play the discs.
Newest Firmware - yes!

I prefer to use DVDFab, but it no workie!
See my problem here?

If DVDFab is broken now, someone admit it and do something about it.

Here:
For everyone trying to say it is my drive/keys/firmware/player software/whatever. Y’all are wrong!

Anyone care to try and explain why AnyDVD HD can still rip Blu-ray Discs and DVDFab HD can’t?[/quote]
Just because you can’t, does mean others cannot, I can and I have no problems. Just saying you cannot and mentioning another product is not helping anyone. If you have a problem explain it and we will try and help you, but as is, your post is not helping anyone. If you want to post about AnyDVDhd we have an appropriate forum for that. Thankyou. Maybe you need some lessons on how to use the software properly?

[QUOTE=troy512;1940499]Off Topic:

troy[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
Interesting as I checked link worked at time of posting.
Due in part to the previous link not doing so.
Weird! :doh::cool:

It is most likely due to the changes being made to upgrade the forum at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience

[QUOTE=alan1476;1940923]Just because you can’t, does mean others cannot, I can and I have no problems. Just saying you cannot and mentioning another product is not helping anyone. If you have a problem explain it and we will try and help you, but as is, your post is not helping anyone. If you want to post about AnyDVDhd we have an appropriate forum for that. Thankyou. Maybe you need some lessons on how to use the software properly?[/QUOTE]

I have explained and people have tried to say it was firmware, my player software, keys missing, etc.
So, in contrast to all these things being blamed, I posted an image of this “other” software still being able to do what DVDFab can no longer do for proof that the drive works.
The fact is, the drive reads and plays the discs fine, and the “other” software CAN still rip the BDs… what do you think is the problem?

This thread:
ht tp://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/simple-guide-backing-up-blu-ray-hd-dvd-dvdfab-hd-decrypter-220861/

Appears to have others not being able to get DVDFab to rip BDs either… now what?

Lesson in how to use the software properly?
Insert BD.
Start DVDFab.
DVDFab states "Scaning Media"
DVDFab fails and states "Please insert DVD… "
… and?

Tell me, what else is there to know about the program?
It used to work. Now it does not. :frowning:
I am asking for someone, anyone, to explain why it does not see an inserted Blu-ray Disc when the player software does & this “other” software does.

Do tell…

I do know that some titles work and others do not, but that is also the case with all the other software that have this option. I am sure if it is a title thing Fengtao will fix it. This new Bluray , HD-DVD thing is in the dawn of its existence. Sure there will be bugs and they will be worked out, that is why there is always a new beta to test. No software is perfect or ever will be. Not this kind of software anyway. No, I cannot tell you why I can read Bluray discs and you cannot. It may be a configuration problem, it could be a million things. I am sure FAB is doing the best it can at the moment. I hope that’s good enough. Patience is a virtue.:iagree:

Not a title thing… it is any Blu-ray Disc. Even ones that a previous version of DVDFab ripped without issue(Still have them on the HDD).
I used DVDFab to rip Chicken Little and The Wild.
Worked like a champ!

Updated to a newer release of DVDFab, no longer even sees the Blu-ray discs.
Keys? Don’t think it would be keys as the discs themselves still play, and _______ will rip them fine.
Player software? No, WinDVD BD and PowerDVD Ultra both play the discs fine.
Always have.

I REALLY would rather use DVDFab, ya know?
It just… worked! Now it does not. :frowning:

Ah well, I’ll keep trying the newer versions as they are released.

Thanks Alan!
David

sorry about your frustration with dvdfab. i dont own any blu ray disc nor do i use dvdfabhd. in truth i really know nothing about backing up blu ray disc. there are lots of forums and web sites out there that will tell you everything you need to know. google is your friend. since you have another program which will back up your disc then i guess its not your drive or media player keys?? do you still have the previous working version of fab installation file saved on your hard drive? perform a clean uninstall as per stormjumpers instructions and reinstall the older version.

troy

ps what program are you using with your anydvdhd to rip the disc. i dont know if it uses other programs for the hd version or if you use the anydvd ripper? as alan1476 stated this is not the appropriate place to discuss this but i am just curious as to how you are performing the rip.

Hi Troy!
Curremtly having to use AnyDVD HD to rip Blu-ray Discs - would much rather use DVDFab.
AnyDVD HD has a built-in ripper.

No. I let the newer versions of DVD Fab overwrite the previous versions. The one(s) that worked are long gone and I have no idea what versions they were. :frowning:

Ah well… I’ll keep on trying the updated ones.

EDIT: Just downloaded the DVDFab HD 4.0.1.4 Beta… (Crosses fingers).
Nope. Was worth a try though, huh?

Sometimes free apps are “you get what you pay for”

Hi Dadkins,

Just to let you know, I’m 1 of the “other” people who have the exact same problem as you. Just waiting in silence for an update that will fix the problem.
Still hopeful for a speedy fix

:confused: