DVDFab Decrypter 4.0.5.0 Hangs while scanning DVD in Vista

I have been using DVDFab HD Decrypter for over a year without a problem on my old system using windows XP. I recently built a new system and am running Windows Vista 64-bit HP, but after installing DVDFab Decrypter and attempting to rip a DVD the program hangs when it tries to scan the DVD. I have tried multiple different DVD’s with the same results.

I have also tried the following without success:

-Enabled Windows XP compatability mode for DVDFab in Vista.
-Disabled PathPlayer in the Common Settings.
-Disabled the read-ahead cache in Common Settings
-Confirmed that my firmware is up to date for my Samsung DVD-RW (SH-S203N)

Has anyone else had this problem that knows a solution? I am running out of things to try.

[QUOTE=Duckfandan;1980360]I have been using DVDFab HD Decrypter for over a year without a problem on my old system using windows XP. I recently built a new system and am running Windows Vista 64-bit HP, but after installing DVDFab Decrypter and attempting to rip a DVD the program hangs when it tries to scan the DVD. I have tried multiple different DVD’s with the same results.

I have also tried the following without success:

-Enabled Windows XP compatability mode for DVDFab in Vista.
-Disabled PathPlayer in the Common Settings.
-Disabled the read-ahead cache in Common Settings
-Confirmed that my firmware is up to date for my Samsung DVD-RW (SH-S203N)

Has anyone else had this problem that knows a solution? I am running out of things to try.[/QUOTE]

Have you checked to see if it as been added to the DEP exception list, Platinum and Gold is added by default but not sure about DVDFab HD Decrypter
You will also have to put a tick for
"Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"

also make sure the disc is clean and no damage it sounds like it is just having trouble reading the disc

I too am having the same problem. I uninstalled and cleaned everything up, including the prefetch and registry and re-installed dvdfab platinum. I still have the same results. DVDFab is in the list of DEP programs.

Also, my system is completely up to date, software, firmware, etc.

It doesn’t do it on every DVD but it occurs after converting/ripping a few DVD’s. The number varies each time.

You cannot kill/end the process either. It will sucessfully send the end task command, you can even force it, yet the process is still in the list. It seems like it occurs when DVDFab is using over 28mb of memory (Private working set). Even when using command line utilities.

I cannot logoff or shutdown. I actually have to cold boot the PC.

Cappy

Adding DVDFab to the DEP exception list did not help.

also make sure the disc is clean and no damage it sounds like it is just having trouble reading the disc

I have tried 4 different DVD’s so I know that it is more than a dirty disc. When I launch the program, the ‘open DVD’ window comes up and the green progress bar is moving, but it just stays like that and does nothing else. When I push the cancel button it does not respond and I have to shut it down by ending the program through Window Task Manager. Sometimes that doesn’t even work and I have to shut the computer off to restart.

Unlike CaptnJB, I have yet to be able to even load a DVD into Fab and have it read it. I am using a brand new Samsung DVD-RW (SH-S203N) and it has no problems playing the DVD’s, so I don’t think it is an issue with the drive being able to read the disc, it is something causing the program to hang when it tries to read it.

Looks like others are having the same problem here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/help-anyone-236180/#post1974767

I tried reverting to an old build of DVDFab HD Decrypter (v3.1.8.0) and experienced the same problem as v4.0.5.0.

After waisting a day trying to get DVDFab to work, I finally fixed it. I uninstalled the Samsung SATA DVD-RW and replaced it with a Lite On IDE DVD-RW and everything is working like normal again. Must have been some sort of SATA / driver problem causing the program to hang

Hi,
Well let me weigh in on this issue. First off let me start by saying these issues are only on my new build:

Case: Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS
MB: EVGA 780i
CPU: Quad Q6600
HDD: WD 500, SG 250
PSU: Ultra X3 1000 Watt
Memory: G.Skill 4GB ( 2x2) DDR@ 1000
Video: 8800GT Superclocked (X2 in SLI)
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
Speakers: Logitech Z-4
TV Card: Hauppauge 1600
Monitor: Samsung 226BW 22 inch
Burners: Samsung SH-S203B (Sata) x2

After many tries I have narrowed it down to a SATA drive issue either with the sata controllers on the motherboard or within each program. The two programs I am having trouble with are DVDFab HD Decrypter and IMG Burn. DVDFab HD Decrypter won’t even scan the disk I put into the drive and freezes my machine. Shrink will rip the DVD fine, but when IMG Burn opens, it hangs and freezes my machine on DVD -R’s on writing the “lead-in” (thus ruining the disk). IMG will open and burn to +R OK, but gives me errors at the end about closing track and finalizing. I just hit re-try and then I get window saying “completed successfully”, and this disk plays just fine.

I have tried switching internal sata ports as well as cables with no change.

Now also note at one point I removed both these Samsung sata drives out and put in 2 IDE drives, Lite-On and Optiarc, and everything runs and works perfectly with both DVDFab HD Decrypter and IMG Burn.

I am presently using my 2 Samsung sata drives running Shrink with no problem and using Nero (7 Essentials) as a burning program with no problems.

I figure if these programs can see and read and write from these sata drives, then in all probabilities it is an issue within DVDFab HD Decryter and IMG Burn specifically regarding these newer sata drives over the IDE type?

[quote=Duckfandan;1980511]Adding DVDFab to the DEP exception list did not help.

I have tried 4 different DVD’s so I know that it is more than a dirty disc. When I launch the program, the ‘open DVD’ window comes up and the green progress bar is moving, but it just stays like that and does nothing else. When I push the cancel button it does not respond and I have to shut it down by ending the program through Window Task Manager. Sometimes that doesn’t even work and I have to shut the computer off to restart.

Unlike CaptnJB, I have yet to be able to even load a DVD into Fab and have it read it. I am using a brand new Samsung DVD-RW (SH-S203N) and it has no problems playing the DVD’s, so I don’t think it is an issue with the drive being able to read the disc, it is something causing the program to hang when it tries to read it.[/quote]

I just built a new system-MSIP7N sli Platinum, Right after I fired it up i got blue
screens. My new sata liteon burner went bad. Replaced it with asus burner sata.
Running xp Pro. Installed dvd fab decrypter hd. when i opened the program
if a dvd was not in the drive it would hang. Then my ie explorer would not open.
In the program dvd fab I turned off check for new version and it worked well.

I have had dvd burners go bad randomly, they will read not write, they will burn
dvds but not light scribe. I had a dvd player that wouldn’t read a dvd but it would play cds.

In conclusion it is either the drive or software conflicts or settings

[quote=Duckfandan;1980511]Adding DVDFab to the DEP exception list did not help.

Unlike CaptnJB, I have yet to be able to even load a DVD into Fab and have it read it. I am using a brand new Samsung DVD-RW (SH-S203N) and it has no problems playing the DVD’s, so I don’t think it is an issue with the drive being able to read the disc, it is something causing the program to hang when it tries to read it.[/quote]

I just built a new system-MSIP7N sli Platinum, Right after I fired it up i got blue
screens. My new sata liteon burner went bad. Replaced it with asus burner sata.
Running xp Pro. Installed dvd fab decrypter hd. when i opened the program
if a dvd was not in the drive it would hang. Then my ie explorer would not open.
In the program dvd fab I turned off check for new version and it worked well.

I have had dvd burners go bad randomly, they will read not write, they will burn
dvds but not light scribe. I had a dvd player that wouldn’t read a dvd but it would play cds.

In conclusion it is either the drive or software conflicts or settings

I resolved this issue for myself awhile back.

On another site someone by the name of GoBlue suggested changing drivers in the following way:

"You need to click on the “update driver” tab for that sata port. Windows will ask if it can connect to windows update to search for driver. Click “No, not this time” and then click the “next button”. Then click the box that says “install from a list or specific location (advanced)” and click next. Than click the box that says “Don’t search I will choose the driver to install” and click next. Then highlight “standard dual channel pci controller” and click next. This will install the generic Microsoft driver. "

I then restarted and everything is back up and running all programs again with no issues. Img Burn and DVDFab HD Decrypter are working just fine.