DVDFab Crashing with Alvin and the Chipmunks

vbimport

DVDFab Platinum v5.0.5.0 crashes when trying to copy the Alvin and the Chipmunks DVD.

I went back to v5.0.3.0, and it copies fine.

[quote=dypsis;2087632]DVDFab Platinum v5.0.5.0 crashes when trying to copy the Alvin and the Chipmunks DVD.

I went back to v5.0.3.0, and it copies fine.[/quote]
What mode are you trying to copy it in? full disc, movie only, customize etc, etc.?

[QUOTE=GJ;2087636]What mode are you trying to copy it in? full disc, movie only, customize etc, etc.?[/QUOTE]
Main Movie.

Ok is main movie the default start setting? Dvdfab had this problem before. If main movie is the default start then change it to full disc and if it full disc as the default start then change it to main movie

Yeah, well I have gone back to the previous version, and everything works fine.

By the way. How do I stop receiving an email for every post reply? I have checked my settings, and all email settings are disabled.

At the top of the page click private messages under your user name. Then on the left side look for the edit options. and then you need to look for the email notification

[QUOTE=GJ;2087660]At the top of the page click private messages under your user name. Then on the left side look for the edit options. and then you need to look for the email notification[/QUOTE]
Thanks. But I have already deselected ALL email options. :iagree:

[QUOTE=dypsis;2087681]Thanks. But I have already deselected ALL email options. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

go to Control Panel, then on the menu on the left side under Settings & Options, click Edit Options, then under Default Thread Subscription Mode choose Do Not Subscribe from the drop down box.

Thanks guys.
Anyway. Back on topic.

Is there any fix for this apart from going back to the previous version like I have done?

DVDFab Platinum v5.0.5.0 crashes

how, when does it crash?

did you send a crash report?

do you have the preview set to play automatically?

please more details

[QUOTE=troy512;2088051]how, when does it crash?

did you send a crash report?

do you have the preview set to play automatically?

please more details[/QUOTE]

It crashes not long after I choose “Main Movie”.

I ususually make an ISO, so I find that it crashes particularly when I click the “Browse” button to browse to the folder where I want to save the ISO.

Yes, the preview plays automatically. I cannot remember whether I changed that, but yes, it does play.

No. I have not sent a crash report. I was in a hurry at the time. So I quickly reverted back to previous version to get the job done.

have you tried other disc since this crash?

please turn off the preview and try again.
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsPreview

[quote=dypsis;2088069]It crashes not long after I choose “Main Movie”.

I ususually make an ISO, so I find that it crashes particularly when I click the “Browse” button to browse to the folder where I want to save the ISO.

Yes, the preview plays automatically. I cannot remember whether I changed that, but yes, it does play.

No. I have not sent a crash report. I was in a hurry at the time. So I quickly reverted back to previous version to get the job done.[/quote]
I just tried alvin and the chipmunks and dvdfab not crash on me. So all I can say is send the crash report in and wait for the fix

dypsis, I just read in another thread that the preview is what is causing the crash so change the directshow to internal and that should fix the crash I think

yes i was interested if the preview was causing the crash. internal decoder still allow preview to play. difference is the play back will be as before with fast video and no audio.

dypsis

please try turning the preview off to check crash. and choose internal decoder to check crash and report back.