DVDFAB crashes when reading Twilight

I’ve tried main movie and full disc, either way, towards the end of reading it crashes and the computer reboots. I’m using 5.3.0.6 platinum…time for a new update? How about it Fengtao??

Twilight R1 ripped fine via Full Disc with Path Player always enabled for me (Ubuntu 8.10 64-bit Wine).

I still don’t understand why my wife likes this movie so much.

DVD Fab never crashed for me, with any version. What are the specs of your computer, do you have enough memory?

I’m running an AMD Athlon 3200+, 500 mb…i rip movies religiously and have never run into this problem…seems my computer doesn’t like this movie lol. I have plenty of memory…

Is it just that movie that this happens with, if so you may have a bad pressing that is locking up your DVD drive. If this problem was rampant we would have heard about it from many more users. Sorry you have this problem though.:wink:

Yeah this is the only movie it does this with

Yeah I had no problems with this movie either, DVDFab w/ pathplayer enabled. If this is the only one you are having problems with I would definitely agree with alan1476 in that you probably have a bad disk.

I just watched the movie all the way through on my ps3, no problems whatsoever. The few times that i tried to rip it before i had pathplayer enabled when necessary, so i’m going to try it again with pathplayer enabled always and see if that makes a difference. If not, I dunno…guess i’ll try a different disk?? Thanks for all the help guys

[QUOTE=tankeryanker;2241688]I just watched the movie all the way through on my ps3, no problems whatsoever. The few times that i tried to rip it before i had pathplayer enabled when necessary, so i’m going to try it again with pathplayer enabled always and see if that makes a difference. If not, I dunno…guess i’ll try a different disk?? Thanks for all the help guys[/QUOTE]

The setting “Enable PathPlayer when necessary” has a known issue so changing the setting should work :iagree:

As with the others, I too had no issues in backing this movie up. Just for grins and giggles have you tryed backing it up in a different mode ? Say movie only or customize ? ~ Mike

5.3.0.6 just crashes with numerous titles and has been covered in numerous threads on the forum.

we are awaiting the next release.

[QUOTE=tankeryanker;2241583]I’ve tried main movie and full disc, either way, towards the end of reading it crashes and the computer reboots. I’m using 5.3.0.6 platinum…time for a new update? How about it Fengtao??[/QUOTE]

I also had problems with that movie.

OT and different product I know, but…

Twilight R1 rips just fine even with DVDShrink, movie-only, no compression under wine 1.1.17 under *buntu 8.10 x86

So, its highly unlikely theres any significant protection on this disc.

My .02c

[QUOTE=audiophile_au;2242828]5.3.0.6 just crashes with numerous titles and has been covered in numerous threads on the forum.

we are awaiting the next release.[/QUOTE]

just purchased and backed up this movie using dvdfab 5.3.0.6 with no probs.

I can’t get mine to back it up either.

I am having NO luck with Twilight either. Using newest bate version and have tried Pathfinder on/off, when needed… no luck.
I have to hit abort 3 times to get through the first phase and I can only get to about 55% when errors start and fab locks up. I have 2 dvd drives and have tried both… any ideas would be appreciated… dvdshrink no good either???

I have not seen a post that contains any information about the Region.
Are all the people having problems from the same region?
R1 -R2 - R ???

It has happened in the past that different regions have different protection.
Some will have problems and others will not.
I will pick up a R1 / R4 this morning and give it a try.

Ok here we go.
R1/R4 movie only.
At 47% the read speed dropped from 12.68 MB/s to 2.03 MB/s and stayed there for the remainder of the disc.
What normally takes 7 minutes to save to a hard drive took 19 min. 38 sec.

The disc was cleaned and inspected before starting. No visible defects.
There was no crashing or other problems. Just very slow processing to the hard drive.
Burned with imgburn . No problem.
I have spot checked the finished product and all seems in order.

Going to try another brand of software now to see if there is any difference in time.

Update to above post.
Brand X also had a drastic slow down at 41% and took 26 min 38 sec to process but it did work.

Protection? or Bad Pressing of disc?

[QUOTE=Benhad;2244035]Update to above post.
Brand X also had a drastic slow down at 41% and took 26 min 38 sec to process but it did work.

Protection? or[B] Bad Pressing [/B]of disc?[/QUOTE]

I would say it is a combo of two things,
bad pressing of the disc’s and maybe dirty lens on the drive ->lens is having a little trouble focusing on the disc’s where it was slightly under pressed :iagree:
course this is only my input and .02 cents :bigsmile: