DVDfab crashes @ start

vbimport

Hello,

Has anybody else had the problem of DVDfab crashing @ start up? It does it without a DVD even in it. It’s been a problem for me since the last few version 9 releases. I have to keep restarting the program to get it to open without crashing.

That’s an access violation error which could be due to a bug in DVDFab.

Download the most recent version from here and see if that cures it.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Alright, will do. I’ll do a clean install and see how it goes. Thank you!! :slight_smile:

I would go with Wombler’s suggestion first.
My understanding is DVDFab now has to be connected to the internet since version 9 . One of the reasons I haven’t installed any V9 yet & I won’t till I have to.
So there may be a block by your firewall preventing DVDFab from “phoning home” .
This might cause the “crash”.

[QUOTE=booth24;2671574]Alright, will do. I’ll do a clean install and see how it goes. Thank you!! :)[/QUOTE]

If doing a clean install does not fix your issue you may want to do a clean [B]un[/B]install first before re-installing DVDFab, there is a guide which has helped many users/members when re-installing didn’t fix their problem.

[B]SJ[/B]

Hey everyone,

To update, I did a clean UN-install of the previous version. I then used CCleaner, went and manually searched for any left over files, then used search in the registry and deleted any files pertaining to DVDfab. Then I re-installed DVDfab 9018, set up rules for the anti-virus to exclude it from everything, allowed it through the firewall, and still after opening the first time correctly, once I close it and try and open it again, I get the same crash. This is even without any DVD’s in any of the drives. Even though I didn’t figure that would matter since it never gets that far.

Hmm… you’ve pretty much done as much as you can with that.

The only thing I can think of beyond that is when you’re reinstalling, right click the setup file and select ‘Run as administrator’.

There have been several similar crash errors fixed in recent updates so it’s quite possible that there’s another bug lurking in there.

If you can’t get this solved I’d suggest installing the latest version 8, in the meantime, which still being updated in parallel with version 9.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2671644] I’d suggest installing the latest version 8, in the meantime, which still being updated in parallel with version 9.
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks Wombler,
I didn’t know that I will be updating my version 8.

Do you have a Nvidia graphic card installed?

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2671685]Do you have a Nvidia graphic card installed?[/QUOTE]

Actually I have a ATI Raedon HD 2400 Pro on the one that’s not working; but a nvidia card in the one that is working, ironically lol.

I am going to try going back to version 8 and see if that fixes it. But on a side note, I have discovered it doesn’t seem to crash on my other PC. The only reason I bring this up is because they’re both running Windows 7. But I also remember doing something with the overall permissions on the PC DVDfab 9 works on (because I got tired of denied access messages), but can’t quite remember what. So I wonder, is it possibly a permissions issue?

UPDATE: Well version 8226 let me open and close the program several times, so I am thinking it 's working okay now. Sort of good news haha. Kind of boggles my mind why 9 doesn’t want to work on one PC and seems to be fine on another when they both use Windows 7. But THANK YOU for all the replies and help! I really appreciate it!

[QUOTE=booth24;2671737]UPDATE: Well version 8226 let me open and close the program several times, so I am thinking it 's working okay now. Sort of good news haha. Kind of boggles my mind why 9 doesn’t want to work on one PC and seems to be fine on another when they both use Windows 7. But THANK YOU for all the replies and help! I really appreciate it![/QUOTE]

No problem.

Just to explain, an access violation error is a software conflict where one program tries to access memory already in use by another program. So that’s why I reckon it’s probably a bug in version 9.

They’re normally very quick fixing these things though so wait until the next update and try that.

Version 8 and version 9 will happily co-exist anyway as they install into their own separate folders.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2671759]No problem.

Just to explain, an access violation error is a software conflict where one program tries to access memory already in use by another program. So that’s why I reckon it’s probably a bug in version 9.

They’re normally very quick fixing these things though so wait until the next update and try that.

Version 8 and version 9 will happily co-exist anyway as they install into their own separate folders.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you Wombler!! I was thinking about looking up what an access violation is, you just saved me the time though! :bow:

[QUOTE=booth24;2671793]Thank you Wombler!! I was thinking about looking up what an access violation is, you just saved me the time though! :bow:[/QUOTE]

Well it doesn’t exactly solve your problem but at least you know what’s going wrong. :slight_smile:

Hopefully you’ll get on okay with version 8 in the meantime.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[B][U]Update:[/U][/B]

Version 9020 still has the access violation, and continues to crash on subsequent opens… I wonder if this problem is specific to my PC & not the program itself? Because the MoBo is supposed to support 4GB’s of RAM, but even running 64-bit Windows, only 2.94 is usable…

[QUOTE=booth24;2673252][B][U]Update:[/U][/B]

Version 9020 still has the access violation, and continues to crash on subsequent opens… I wonder if this problem is specific to my PC & not the program itself? Because the MoBo is supposed to support 4GB’s of RAM, but even running 64-bit Windows, only 2.94 is usable…[/QUOTE]
Nope its not you, it happens to me also.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2673273]Nope its not you, it happens to me also.[/QUOTE]

Well that rules that out then haha. Thank you! Eliminates one more thing.

It must be DVDFab related then.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Even with a new MoBo, an Intel DG41RQ, I still have the same problem with the newest version. DVDfab 9.0.2.3 I think it is…

Having the same problems here…latest version installed 9.0.2.4