DVDFab crash when opening Sopranos

vbimport

It first happened when I inserted Series 5 Disc 1. DVDFab start scanning the disc and then crash, offering to send an error report. I then tried Disc 2 in the same series, same result.

I tested the discs with DVD Decrypter, and it copied without any problems. To double check, I downloaded and installed a trial of another DVD copying program. That worked too without a hitch.

I went back to DVDFab, and it crashed. I submitted the error report, and also emailed the IFO files in a separate email. Tomorrow I’ll try the 3rd disc in this series and see what happens.

before the crash did you hear a "ba da bing ?..sorry just a little friday humor…:bigsmile:
Are you by any chance running ANYDVD or DVD43 in the background?
If so disable it …And I’m sure fengtao will sort it out for you soon…

cheers!:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2040363]Are you by any chance running ANYDVD or DVD43 in the background?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I never had a problem with any titles until the Sopranos. I tried a different title afterwards with DVDFab, no problem. Come to think of it, even after I copied it with DVD Decrypter, I tried opening the files on the hard disk with DVDFab and it still crashed.

before the crash did you hear a "ba da bing ?

Actually, I heard a voice saying “you shall not cross the Mob” :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2040363]before the crash did you hear a "ba da bing ? [/QUOTE]
LMAO

In addition to t0’s advice…do you have Pathplayer enabled?
If yes, disable, if no, then enable it. [B]Don’t[/B] select Enable PP when necessary.
You didn’t mention which app, version, etc., etc., but if dvdd worked, there’s no new copy protection here.

I second maineman’s LMAO and his advice about PathPlayer. Ba Da Bing!

[QUOTE=maineman;2040369]LMAO

In addition to t0’s advice…do you have Pathplayer enabled?
If yes, disable, if no, then enable it. [B]Don’t[/B] select Enable PP when necessary.
You didn’t mention which app, version, etc., etc., but if dvdd worked, there’s no new copy protection here.[/QUOTE]

I tried the 3rd disc in the series this morning. PP was set to Enable when necessary, and DVDFab crashed when scanning. I disabled it and it read the disc just fine.

It is the latest version 4.1.2.0

Thank you for answers. No more Ba Da Bing :stuck_out_tongue:

pahplayer is not good with episodic discs