DVDFab - Clone Vs Full Disc

Can comebody explain to me what the difference is between Clone and Full Disc options?

Do both options remove the CSS protections and other protections?

I know Clone creates an ISO image, but full disc rips the dvd folders onto local drive, is that the only difference?

Thanks.

Hi ajaha and welcome to the forum. There’s a couple of big differences between clone and full disc burning. First, clone copies the original source or movie bit for bit. And exact duplicate of the original movie less the copy protections. There’s no compression at all. Full disc on the other hand does compress the original to fit on a single layer disc or DVD-5 verses DVD-9 which is dual layer. It also removes all of the protections while it’s compressing the source. So most times if you are ripping a 7 or 8 gig movie and you want to use a blank dual layer media, preferable Verbatim, use clone . If you are like me and use single layer blank media , I use full disc or movie only . Hope this helps . Good luck. ~ Mike

thanks so much, it helps.

OT: Mike, good to see you back!:slight_smile:

@Ajaha
Mike’s information is 100% correct. There is also a more detailed summary of the DVD to DVD modes here: http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/RevisedGuideFeaturesSummaryForDVDFabPlatinumPlusMergeMode
It includes Clone and Full Disc.

[QUOTE=signals;1952660]OT: Mike, good to see you back!:slight_smile:

@Ajaha
Mike’s information is 100% correct. There is also a more detailed summary of the DVD to DVD modes here: QUOTE]
I’d say only 88% correct.
he says that full disc compresses to Sl, but that’s only if you configure it yo do so. Full disc can also do DL with no compression if you select DVD9 output