DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD review

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following review: DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD review[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/12/DVDFab-Cinavia-message-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

DVDFab has released a new version of their software, with an additional capability that will be welcomed by their existing customers, and will certainly increase interest in their products.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/dvdfab-cinaviaremoval-hd-review-78133/](http://www.myce.com/review/dvdfab-cinaviaremoval-hd-review-78133/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It should be noted that Kick-Ass 2 is Cinavia-free on European Blu-ray releases. So it would be easy to arrange an audio substitution scheme in order to “fake” actual Cinavia removal.

Allmost all Cinavia-infected titles are in fact available Cinavia-free as well if you take some time to look for them, either in different countries or on different formats.

Kerry,

Read your post over @ forum.videohelp.com
& stopped by to read your review.Very informative
Thanks for the heads-up.

Watching Kick-Ass 2 repeatedly definitely deserves
a raise that’s above and beyond.

The DVDFab blog reveals that there are at the moment 27 Blu-ray titles supported by “CinaviaRemoval HD”.
http://blog.dvdfab.cn/cinavia-protection.html
(Click on the Reference Lists tab and look for the titles marked in green.)

However, it’s interesting to note that the asterisks and hash marks for titles which are also available without Cinavia are now gone. Perhaps removed to make the use of easily available Cinavia free tracks for substitution less obvious?

You can go to the Internet Archive and bring up an older version of the blog page for comparison.
https://archive.org/

Kerry , now try The Hunger Games  both releases  :slight_smile:  Any of the newer release Lionsgate titles

, All I can say it is awesome! We now have more in the game of removing Cinavia.

Kerry, might I suggest you compress that LPCM file? If I were you, I’d probably convert it into a FLAC file, or some other lossless format, so that users with slower internet connections can access it.

BTW, I’ve uploaded a FLAC version of DVDFab’s output. That has reduced the audio down to 7.6 MB. Click here for my compressed version.

This completely does not work, I tried the disc Dracula Untold and unfortunately there is no information on cinawi, and should be, because the DvdFab.cn a movie on the list and is highlighted in green, the disc is region 2 (Europe) So this price for this service is from outer space!

Can you please tell me if DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD can remove Cinavia from single layer Dvds? I don’t buy Blu-ray movies unless I want to get something with great special effects. I usually get regular dvds and let the standalone player play it.

[QUOTE=NAH51;2766253]Can you please tell me if DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD can remove Cinavia from single layer Dvds? I don’t buy Blu-ray movies unless I want to get something with great special effects. I usually get regular dvds and let the standalone player play it.[/QUOTE]

No, not yet. I believe it is a possible feature to be added some time in the future, but that could take years.

There are very, very few movies released on DVD that contain Cinavia, so there isn’t much incentive to add this capability.

Support for DVDs is coming, this from the DVDFab website:

The first step for this is the addition of an alert popup when the Cinavia corruption is detected on a DVD; this is new in the Beta (v9.2.2.5) out 8 January. Support for new titles has also been added and the Reference List for Blu-ray improved as explained [B]here[/B] in post #28. Also see the changelog for the Beta version [B]here[/B][COLOR=Black].[/COLOR]

Thanks for the information. I have come across at least 5 dvds with cinavia protection. The last one was Sicario.

Great review Kerry. I guess it really is a good thing to have the solution in a few different tools, .:wink:

Nice to see another tool out there but the fact it is downloading as much data as it is seems problematic to me. Especially since it does so silently without ever telling the user. We only know about this because reviewers noted it.

So, I decided to run a test on a random disc. The copy process is speedy enough since I’m doing a straight BD50 to BD-50 from a mounted ISO. But, we’re looking at 4 MB/s being downloaded via DVDFab. Multiply that by the total copy time. The data adds up. For metered data users this is a problem. But even more than that is the issue of users using different speed tier plans. I don’t have a 50 M/bit down or higher speed plan like some. So, in processing the disc with 4 MB/s being downloaded because of DVDFab my other connection related work took a large hit in speeds. So, the program doesn’t tell you it’s going to do this, it does download data, and then it does so at a basically uncapped speed which then screws up other software use? What about other people using other computers in a household or even streaming Netflix, Hulu, Amazon VOD, VUDU, etc? At the very least there should be a BIG warning about the amount of data that is going to be downloaded and they should add in the ability to cap the download speed. Yes, I know it says it’s downloading files in the sidebar during the processing but a lot of people aren’t going to realize just what that means. Innocently reading that doesn’t translate to 3 GB at 4 MB/s in my mind.

The fact that DVDFab has a solution is great. But how it does it and how transparent it is? Not so much. Sadly, i’m underwhelmed with Slysoft/Elaborate Bytes handling of Cinavia but they also clearly state it’s not going to be amazing. As much as I have my issues with DVD Ranger the best solution w/o burning bandwidth or data usage is SoundTouch2 via the Utility and the sound quality has greatly improved since they first released the SoundTouch technology.

With the above being said, Cinavia has zero impact on me and I have no need to remove, alter, hide, replace or substitute to get around it. I was just curious to test this.

This was mentioned in the opening review  " command-line tool"

I also tested both versions in a [u]

new command line tool that checks for Cinavia
[/u], and it reported that neither of my first two copies had the Cinavia watermark. Only the version made without internet access still had Cinavia.

would be nice to give credit where a tool functions as it should and who’s tool it was . JMHO

^The article was never intended as an advertisement for that company. If anyone was curious they could have asked in this thread, or sent a PM. That didn’t happen.