Dvdfab causes computer restart

vbimport

I have used dvdfab for 6 months with no problems. A month ago window forced an upgrade which corrupted my windows and I had to have my C drive reformated to OEM specs. After that, dvdfab still worked, but if I tried to change the setting from full disc to any other option, it would restart my computer and not change the setting. This week, when I tried to copy several different discs, when I hit “start” NOTHING happened. I’ve tried downloading and reinstalling dvdfab 6.0 and even found this thread to download and install beta version of 6.1.1.5 - when either are installing, at the end they restart my computer. Then, if I try to start dvdfab, it also restarts my computer.

Can anyone PLEASE HELP! This is very frustrating.

[QUOTE=jkbarnes128;2453782]I have used dvdfab for 6 months with no problems. A month ago window forced an upgrade which corrupted my windows and I had to have my C drive reformated to OEM specs. After that, dvdfab still worked, but if I tried to change the setting from full disc to any other option, it would restart my computer and not change the setting. This week, when I tried to copy several different discs, when I hit “start” NOTHING happened. I’ve tried downloading and reinstalling dvdfab 6.0 and even found this thread to download and install beta version of 6.1.1.5 - when either are installing, at the end they restart my computer. Then, if I try to start dvdfab, it also restarts my computer.

Can anyone PLEASE HELP! This is very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Hi jkbarnes128
Welcome to the forum :flower:

Sorry you are having this issue :frowning: however even though this issue happens when you try to use DVDFab I don’t think DVDFab is the cause, this can be caused by faulty hardware.

It would help if we knew the spec’s of this problematic computer, however right off hand I personally would suspect either the PSU going bad and/or faulty Ram, it can also if this is a laptop it could be over heating and if it is a desktop the CPU fan may not be working properly.

[B]SJ[/B]

As my good friend StormJumper has pointed out it may be coincidental that your computer is restarting while using DVDFab,but it is not the issue.

While using DVDfab in does use a good burst of power from the computer which in turns can pull more juice from the Power Supply , so if your power supply is going bad it will cause a restart.

Ram can also be an issue you may want to pull them out and reseat them to make sure you are getting a solid connection.

[QUOTE=bean55;2453822]As my good friend StormJumper has pointed out it may be coincidental that your computer is restarting while using DVDFab,but it is not the issue.

While using DVDfab in does use a good burst of power from the computer which in turns can pull more juice from the Power Supply , so if your power supply is going bad it will cause a restart.

Ram can also be an issue you may want to pull them out and reseat them to make sure you are getting a solid connection.[/QUOTE]

As my tag team partner Bean suggested on the Ram reseat first blow out the inside of the computer with a can of compressed air to get all the dust off the circuits :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

And while you got that can pointed inside the computer and blowing it out make sure you get the CPU and CPU Fan really good, get all those dust bunnies out that may be causing it to get a little to hot and shut down. :smiley:

Tag your turn SJ :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bean55;2453849]Tag your turn SJ :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile: :wink:

My computer is a Sony vaio pcv-rs 422x
Operating with Windows XP
The fan appears to be functioning properly and the unit does not seem at all hot or warm.

When I do the download and install, it restarts my computer during the install. I seem to remember that when I first installed dvdfab, it asked me if I wanted to restart now or later and let me control that function.
Also, in the dvdfab folder it creates, I can not use the uninstall application - it says it is corrupt (every time I download and install which has been 4 - 5 times now)

Are you using a fresh installer and use Stormjumper uninstall instructions in his sig. OOPS he took out the uninstall for XP

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2454024]Are you using a fresh installer and use Stormjumper uninstall instructions in his sig. OOPS [B]he took out the uninstall for XP[/B][/QUOTE]

It has now been replaced with the updated version :wink:

[B]@ jkbarnes128 [/B]

Please follow the guide below to uninstall DVDFab on XP

[B]SJ[/B]

Now that is service with a smile :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bean55;2454055]Now that is service with a smile :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:wink:

I did the following to uninstall dvdfab:

1. tried to uninstall from control panel, but computer did not recognize dvdfab as an installed program
  2. tried to use the uninstall application in dvdfab folder - said it was corrupted.
  3. Deleted dvdfab folder
  4. looked for PCOUFFIN but could not find any suck folder or file in documents and settings/application data (unhid folders as instructed)
  5. Deleted all dvdfab entries in PREFETCH folder
  6. Emptied recycle bin
  7. Ran CCleaner
  8. Defraged C drive
  9. Downloaded new copy of dvdfab 6.1.1.5 beta version
    10 Followed instructions to load/install

Results:

1. During installation, computer restarts
  2. NEW dvdfab folder was created
  3. attempting to open dvdfab still causes computer to restart
  4. when I look at the add/remove programs in control panel, it still does not recognize dvdfab as an installed program
  5. I tried to use uninstall in the NEW dvdfab folder and still says file is corrupted.

[QUOTE=jkbarnes128;2454577]I did the following to uninstall dvdfab:

1. tried to uninstall from control panel, but computer did not recognize dvdfab as an installed program
  2. tried to use the uninstall application in dvdfab folder - said it was corrupted.
  3. Deleted dvdfab folder
  4. looked for PCOUFFIN but could not find any suck folder or file in documents and settings/application data (unhid folders as instructed)
  5. Deleted all dvdfab entries in PREFETCH folder
  6. Emptied recycle bin
  7. Ran CCleaner
  8. Defraged C drive
  9. Downloaded new copy of dvdfab 6.1.1.5 beta version
    10 Followed instructions to load/install

Results:

1. During installation, computer restarts
  2. NEW dvdfab folder was created
  3. attempting to open dvdfab still causes computer to restart
  4. when I look at the add/remove programs in control panel, it still does not recognize dvdfab as an installed program
  5. I tried to use uninstall in the NEW dvdfab folder and still says file is corrupted.[/QUOTE]

Please read this-> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

I downloaded the windows installer cleanup utility. When I open it, it also does not recognize dvdfab as an installed program.
I also just downloaded AVS DVD copy program and it installed and ran just fine. Just copied 2 DVD’s with no problems (only lets you copy 5 for free and I really prefer dvdfab, but may have to abandon it if I can’t get it fixed)

[QUOTE=jkbarnes128;2454686]I downloaded the windows installer cleanup utility. When I open it, it also does not recognize dvdfab as an installed program.
I also just downloaded AVS DVD copy program and it installed and ran just fine. Just copied 2 DVD’s with no problems (only lets you copy 5 for free and I really prefer dvdfab, but may have to abandon it if I can’t get it fixed)[/QUOTE]

Hi jkbarnes128,

what is AVS DVD ?

Touchdown

See link

http://www.avsmedia.com/

I have it also in my tool box.

AVS DVD is just another dvd copy application - similar to dvdfab

[QUOTE=jkbarnes128;2454696]AVS DVD is just another dvd copy application - [B]similar to dvdfab[/B][/QUOTE]

I would not put it in the same class with DVDFab myself :disagree:

Just My Opinion :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bean55;2454695]Touchdown

See link

http://www.avsmedia.com/

I have it also in my tool box.[/QUOTE]

Thank you bean55 :flower:

You are welcome my friend :flower: