DVDFab can not aquire source DVD (Samsung SH-S203N / TS-H653N)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203N / TS-H653N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am running DVDFab Platinum (v. 5.0.8.5) with a Samsung SH-S203N. The box is running Vista Premium.

The problem that I am running into is when I fire up DVDFab and pop in one of my DVD’s to copy I can not aquire the source DVD. When I navigate to it it pops up a screen asking me to shoot the DVDFab a list of the IFO files. It has been a while since I have used the software. Last time I used it was version 3…? and I did not have any problems back then. Any guidence would be greatly appreciated.

HellsBells

Check the DEP list, DVDFab and DVDFab Console should be on it as exceptions. You may have a conflict with other software that is blocking DVDFab from the low-level drive access that it uses. You should never have to navigate to a disc in an optical drive.

I checked the DEP list and the application is allowed. I guess the only thing I can do is reload the OS and start from scratch. I have a laptop that I can try it on but this really does not make sense on why it would not work.

[QUOTE=HellsBells;2122478]I [B]checked the DEP list and the application is allowed[/B]. I guess the only thing I can do is reload the OS and start from scratch. I have a laptop that I can try it on but this really does not make sense on why it would not work.[/QUOTE]

ah yes but is the tick mark on the right setting though :confused: … it does make a big difference you know :wink: