DVDFab, Blu Ray and Apple TV

vbimport

So I noticed that when I rip a Blu Ray disc, the resolution of the playback on my Apple TV isn’t quite up to par. How can I make it so that the file isn’t compressed so much, so that I can keep the Blu Ray resolution/video quality when I play it back on my Apple TV?

Also, I noticed that there is an option in the DVD Ripper for Apple TV, but I also noticed that this option does not exist for the Blu Ray Ripper.

I have been ripping my Blu Ray discs in iPod MPEG-4 format. Is there a better format to rip them to for playback in Apple TV that may help me keep the original resolution?

[QUOTE=hogger129;2617347]So I noticed that when I rip a Blu Ray disc, the resolution of the playback on my Apple TV isn’t quite up to par. How can I make it so that the file isn’t compressed so much, so that I can keep the Blu Ray resolution/video quality when I play it back on my Apple TV?

Also, I noticed that there is an option in the DVD Ripper for Apple TV, but I also noticed that this option does not exist for the Blu Ray Ripper.

I have been ripping my Blu Ray discs in iPod MPEG-4 format. Is there a better format to rip them to for playback in Apple TV that may help me keep the original resolution?[/QUOTE]

Apple TV is a somewhat crippled product in that the highest resolution it supports is 720p, so you’ll never get full blu-ray quality.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2617350]Apple TV is a somewhat crippled product in that the highest resolution it supports is 720p, so you’ll never get full blu-ray quality.[/QUOTE]

I’m converting using the Blu Ray Ripper option to MP4 (H264 & AAC), and I have the file size limit set to about 10GB. Is that a good size if I want to retain somewhat good quality for the rip? I ripped it to about 4GB before and the quality was awful.