DVDFab Beta 6112

vbimport

New release is out

When will compression from bd50 to bd25 be available??? I just bought a license but I’m disappointed that most blu rays are more than bd25 and I can’t do them…Any insight??

[QUOTE=lebb;2449591]When will compression from bd50 to bd25 be available??? I just bought a license but I’m disappointed that most blu rays are more than bd25 and I can’t do them…Any insight??[/QUOTE]

Hi lebb
Welcome to the forum :flower:

The compression for BluRay is already available and is currently being done by many members/users and they seem to be very happy with the results :smiley:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=lebb;2449591]When will compression from bd50 to bd25 be available??? I just bought a license but I’m disappointed that most blu rays are more than bd25 and I can’t do them…Any insight??[/QUOTE]

Hi lebb again welcome :flower:
SJ is right,I am one those who, once I learned how to use it, have had satisfactory results.
if you want to compress a 50 to 25, you will need to go to common settings,

DVD/Blu-ray / Write / blu-ray / Writable media(BD50) Size / drop down grab size 47732 / OK

Left column / Blu-ray to Blu-ray / default size output / drop down size BD 25 1080P / check Always remove HD audio / OK

Left column / General / GPU acceleration / disable GPU acceleration / close common settings.

under blu-ray to blu-ray / chose main Movie / when video opens remove all subs that you don’t want, on the quality tab choose BD25 1080P, a scan will start, let scan complete, hit start, then find something to do, cause this will take a little while to complete.
if you need more assistance you know where to find us.

hope this helps :smiley:

Your guide does help…but does this only let me do the main movie??? What about all the extra features??? I was wondering about doing compression on the whole disc…Any help?? Or is this not possible yet?

yes main movie only for now, one thing i dont get is a blank bd size is 22.5gb and the default writable media size for bd25 disc is 23700mb which is 23.14453gb so how is that going to work? i changed my write size to a lower number and have had success.

[QUOTE=riptorn;2449710]yes main movie only for now, one thing i dont get is a blank bd size is 22.5gb and the default writable media size for bd25 disc is 23700mb which is 23.14453gb so how is that going to work? i changed my write size to a lower number and have had success.[/QUOTE]

Hi riptorn,
Your blank BD’s are only 22.5, what media are you using ?
I have Ritek-BR1 and I get Free Space 25,025,314,816, bytes, and I get that info from ImgBurn discovery mode.

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2449740]Hi riptorn,
Your blank BD’s are only 22.5, what media are you using ?
I have Ritek-BR1 and I get Free Space 25,025,314,816, bytes, and I get that info from ImgBurn discovery mode.[/QUOTE]
ok i was looking in windows explorer it says 22.5 i’m using crappy memorex :rolleyes: and i did open Imgburn it says same as you. guess i was thinking before with other betas failed saying not enough room on blank disc to write so ill reset to default setting and try again. thanks to great members like you :iagree: thankyou so much :clap:

OK- I was just trying to do a blu ray disc that I ripped to me hard drive…Main movie only and it was running and still encoding for an hour with an estimated time of 3 and a half hours left…Is this normal??? I guess I’m spoiled by the the quick turnaround on dvd’s but this seems unusually log…I know it’s loads more info but is this right?? I’m kinda discouraged with the whole blu ray thing now…

[QUOTE=lebb;2449753]OK- I was just trying to do a blu ray disc that I ripped to me hard drive…Main movie only and it was running and still encoding for an hour with an estimated time of 3 and a half hours left…Is this normal??? I guess I’m spoiled by the the quick turnaround on dvd’s but this seems unusually log…I know it’s loads more info but is this right?? I’m kinda discouraged with the whole blu ray thing now…[/QUOTE]

hey lebb,
yeah that would be about right,take comfort that it is working for you, so pour your self a pint and wait. :bigsmile:

PS are you using dual or single core CPU

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2449772]hey lebb,
yeah that would be about right,take comfort that it is working for you, so pour your self a pint and wait. :bigsmile:

PS are you using dual or single core CPU[/QUOTE]

Yup CPU does play a big factor on the time :wink:
remember the other member that didn’t read the requirements for the BluRay drive he bought he found out his CPU didn’t have enough GHz, I think his CPU was 2.0GHz and the requirement for the drive was 3.2GHz.

[B]SJ [/B]

[QUOTE=riptorn;2449748]ok i was looking in windows explorer it says 22.5 i’m using crappy memorex :rolleyes: and i did open Imgburn it says same as you. guess i was thinking before with other betas failed saying not enough room on blank disc to write so ill reset to default setting and try again. thanks to great members like you :iagree: thankyou so much :clap:[/QUOTE]

Glad that worked for you riptorn, don’t want to short your self on these BD’s pricey enough as it is:D

I’m using a core 2 quad at 2.40 Gz…It just seems that 4 or 5 hours for the main movie only is a long long time…I would expect another hour or so to get tacked on to that when the actual writing to the blu ray disc takes place??? As I said, I’m kinda disappointed…and I realize that blu rays have so much more info on them than dvd’s…I dread to think how long it woill take to due an entire bluray disc with all the special features…Plus when the blu ray was encoding my processor was running super hot…like 70 C…

[QUOTE=lebb;2449942]I’m using a core 2 quad at 2.40 Gz…It just seems that 4 or 5 hours for the main movie only is a long long time…I would expect another hour or so to get tacked on to that when the actual writing to the blu ray disc takes place??? As I said, I’m kinda disappointed…and I realize that blu rays have so much more info on them than dvd’s…I dread to think how long it woill take to due an entire bluray disc with all the special features…Plus when the blu ray was encoding my processor was running super hot…like 70 C…[/QUOTE]

Hi lebb

I am sorry you are so disappointed, DVDFab is a great product and has accomplished a great deal compared to other software products and Fengtao goes out of his way to provide feature at the users request.

DVDFab has just recently ventured into the world of BluRay and one can not expect them to produce a top notch BluRay ripper and burning program right off the bat, I’m sure Fengtao and his staff are working very hard to improve this feature, I for one am not disappointed at all with his accomplishments so far with BluRay.

[B]SJ[/B]

I’m not disappointed in DVD Fab…It’s great software and it works great with the DVD format…I’m disappointed in the blu ray format…Yeah, it’s great to watch but it seems to be tuff to make backups of it…I have no problem with Fengtao…I do know I can rip a 25 GB blu ray and easily make a copy of it with either DVDFab or imgburn…and it’s reratively fast…The 50 GB blu rays are where the process slows down…DVDFab is the best software out there…It’s just the blu ray format and its size…

[QUOTE=lebb;2449952]I’m not disappointed in DVD Fab…It’s great software and it works great with the DVD format…I’m disappointed in the blu ray format…Yeah, it’s great to watch but it seems to be tuff to make backups of it…I have no problem with Fengtao…I do know I can rip a 25 GB blu ray and easily make a copy of it with either DVDFab or imgburn…and it’s reratively fast…The 50 GB blu rays are where the process slows down…DVDFab is the best software out there…It’s just the blu ray format and its size…[/QUOTE]

I’m sure in time when Fengtao acquires more knowledge in BluRay and it structure this feature will improve greatly :iagree: but in the mean time at least it is works and we can make our backups right :wink:

[B]SJ [/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2449968]I’m sure in time when Fengtao acquires more knowledge in BluRay and it structure this feature will improve greatly :iagree: but in the mean time at least it is works and we can make our backups right :wink:

[B]SJ [/B][/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree::iagree: