DVDFab Back Up of Underworld

I backed up my copy of the new LionsGate movie “Underworld The Rise of the Lycans” with DVDFAB and it looked like it backed up however when I put the back up in my DVD player I get the message “Cant play disk”. Is anyone else having problems with this movie???

[QUOTE=j427982;2273366]I backed up my copy of the new LionsGate movie “Underworld The Rise of the Lycans” with DVDFAB and it looked like it backed up however when I put the back up in my DVD player I get the message “Cant play disk”. Is anyone else having problems with this movie???[/QUOTE]

Hi j427982
In common settings-> PathPlayer did you have PathPlayer set as “Always Enable” ?
also what brand of media did you use and at what burn speed was used ?

[QUOTE=j427982;2273366]I backed up my copy of the new LionsGate movie “Underworld The Rise of the Lycans” with DVDFAB and it looked like it backed up however when I put the back up in my DVD player I get the message “Cant play disk”. Is anyone else having problems with this movie???[/QUOTE]
Does the movie play ok when viewed from the hdd…say with VLC, etc.,?

You don’t mention what application, what version, PathPlayer settings, region code, etc., so it’s all guesswork.

I just did “Lycans” , R1, Platinum 6.0.0.5 Beta, Customize Mode, menus removed, [B]PP disabled [/B], main title only with English audio track and subtitles.
The bkup plays perfectly.

Normally, I open Fab with PathPlayer always enabled.
This time Fab seemed to stumble and after about 90 seconds I became impatient and disabled PP completely. This time it opened and started to rip in just a few seconds.

Either PP setting is fine, but choose always enabled or disabled.
If Fab stumbles, just switch it.
Stay clear of [I]Enable PP when necessary [/I]as it is known to cause issues.

If this doesn’t do it, please post the burn log.

The default location is:
[B]C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log[/B]

Just bought the R1 version, let me try it and I will get back to you.:wink:

Did you booktype your media , if you are using + media? Sometimes that makes a difference with older Standalones.:wink: I am backing it up as I type.:wink:

It plays perfect in my computer and on my Standalones. Maybe you had a bad disc, try again. What type of media are you using?

Knowing a couple of things would really help us figure this out.

1. Blank media brand and type; -R or +R

2. Burn speed

3. A burn log

:slight_smile:

Hi all, just to add my 2 cents here, I am currently ripping this movie also without any issue’s. And I had pathplayer always enabled. I am doing it in the Full Disc mode with it set to jump to the first chapter and remove the annoying stuff. Now this one will take a bit longer than Taken did, it said the compression rate was like 56%. As has been stated before, it does sound like a media issue. ~ Mike

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2273384]Hi j427982
In common settings-> PathPlayer did you have PathPlayer set as “Always Enable” ?
also what brand of media did you use and at what burn speed was used ?[/QUOTE]

PathPlayer was set to Always Enable.
Media used was TDK +R
OS was Windows Vista on HP 64 bit

I have since backed up on my Dell Windows XP system. Used TDK -R and this backup worked just fine. I guess it helps to have different OS systems and different types of Media. Still looking for idea’s. Thanks for your input.

[QUOTE=j427982;2273581]PathPlayer was set to Always Enable.
Media used was TDK +R
OS was Windows Vista on HP 64 bit

I have since backed up on my Dell Windows XP system. Used TDK -R and this backup worked just fine. I guess it helps to have different OS systems and different types of Media. Still looking for idea’s. Thanks for your input.[/QUOTE]

You’ll find that the MID(media ID on those TDK’s are CMC which are low quality media and known for problematic issues however if you use low quality brand you’ll find ImgBurn works good with th the lower quality media.
If you have ImgBurn installed you can select it as the burn engine within DVDFab just go into common settings-> “Write” and select it in the dropdown window :wink: you will have to set the write speed for that MID within ImgBurn before burning because the default write speed of ImgBurn is set as MAX…
You want to set the burn speed at 1/2 the rated speed for the media you are using, if using 16x then set it at 8x

To set the write/burn speed do the following
Put a blank disc into the drive/burner, with ImgBurn open make sure your drive is selected in the target window…(lower leftside)
Now on the right hand side click on the “Device” tab, now on the very bottom right you’ll see three buttons click on the top button to open the write speed settings page.
On the lower left side under “Settings” you will see a window next to “Disc ID” which will contain the MID(Media ID) of the blank disc that you have in your drive/burner, just below that window is where you can set the burn speed for that perticular MID once you enter the write speed click on the “ADD”…NOTE…each time you buy a new spindle of media you should check the MID becuase it can change even when using the same brand name.
the other dropdown window below is for setting a perticular drive/burner if you have more then one and one of them has better results with that MID at a different write speed

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

Hello again. I discovered an issue when I played back the backup. Instead of the movie starting with the opening credits and title it starts at a later part in the movie. I did this in the full disc mode and skip to the first chapter setting and remove the annoying stuff. I’m going to try doing it again without the different changes and see if that makes a difference. This is the first title I’ve had an issue with in some time. I’ll get back to you with my results. ~ Mike

Well I’m back with good news. For whatever reason, the second time I burned the movie, as I said above without any changes, it burned fine and also plays back good like normal. So why it messed up the first time, I couldn’t tell you. But it’s ok now. ~ Mike