DVDFab automatic command line encode

vbimport

Hey Guys,

I’m trying to automate the ripping of DVDs on my machine using DVDFab. I’ve got DVDFab 4 Platinum currently running in trial mode. What I’d like to do is create a batch file that runs when a DVD is inserted.

I was wondering if someone could help me through the DVDFab command line argument? I’d like to encode the DVD in D to E:\Movies. I’d like it to be a generic encode using xvid + mp3, maximum bitrate for video and audio, maximum resolution, no sub picture and volume @ 200%.

Is this possible with DVDFab? I tried a /? command line switch but that wasn’t much help. Also, I checked the guide but I didn’t find much in there either.

Thanks!

Evan

Evan, did you ever find out how to do this?
David.

Sorry David,

I never did get an answer.

maybe able to set something up for dvdfab using the method linked below.

Thanks for the replies.

post is a long time ago, but I was able to find some commands for generating with dvdfab by batch…

cd c:\program files (x86)\dvdfab 6
dvdfab.exe /mode mainmovie /src “d:” /dest “c:\users\documents\dvdfab\iso\file.iso” /Title auto /removedts yes /removemenu yes /removepgc yes /outdisc dvd9 /close

only problem is that you HAVE to specify a file name. But I do that manually and just run the batch with a double-click.

jfnewell
Welcome to the forum :flower:
I must say not bad for your first post :wink:

SJ

[QUOTE=jfnewell;2428265]post is a long time ago, but I was able to find some commands for generating with dvdfab by batch…

cd c:\program files (x86)\dvdfab 6
dvdfab.exe /mode mainmovie /src “d:” /dest “c:\users\documents\dvdfab\iso\file.iso” /Title auto /removedts yes /removemenu yes /removepgc yes /outdisc dvd9 /close

only problem is that you HAVE to specify a file name. But I do that manually and just run the batch with a double-click.[/QUOTE]
Did you make any further developments on this? I’m working on a similar project, but I’ve been keeping all my single-line batch entries in the registry. For example, I use Handbrake to convert to MP4 for streaming. The registry entry below allows me to right click on any file and select “Convert to MP4” from the context menu:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*\shell\MP4Convert]
@=“Convert to MP4”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*\shell\MP4Convert\command]
@="“C:\Program Files (x86)\HandBrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe” -i %1 --preset “PS3” -o %1.mp4"

At first glance, something like this seems like it would work for DVDFab:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*\shell\DVDRip]
@=“Rip DVD Here”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*\shell\MP4Convert\command]
@="“C:\Program Files (x86)\dvdfab 6\dvdfab.exe” /mode mainmovie /src “d:” /dest c:\users\documents\dvdfab\iso%1.iso /Title auto /removedts yes /removemenu yes /removepgc yes /outdisc dvd9 /close"

That would allow you to create an empty file (naming it whaterver you want), right-click the empty file, and rip the DVD in drive D: by selecting Rip DVD Here from the context menu. You could take it a step further and add it to Explorer’s AutoPlay Handlers, but that’s more of a trial and error process. If you want to take a look at how other programs have contructed their AutoPlay Handlers, here’s the path.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers]

Good luck!

Christian