DVDFab argues U.S. copyright laws don’t apply worldwide – tried to settle

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVDFab argues U.S. copyright laws don’t apply worldwide – tried to settle[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-dvd-fab-monkey-sad-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

DVDFab has responded to the injunction the company received from a court in the United States, the company argues that the U.S. copyright laws don’t apply worldwide and the documents show the company tried to settle with the AACS-LA.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-argues-u-s-copyright-laws-dont-apply-worldwide-tried-to-settle-71316](http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-argues-u-s-copyright-laws-dont-apply-worldwide-tried-to-settle-71316)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Nice try, but that would assume that each new movie release would have a new protection. Obviously they don’t so waiting 3 weeks would only affect those that did have new protection schemes that need breaking. Most new releases would still be decrypted upon release.

The point of this inunction wasn’t to stop people from making backups, but to ensure the control of what people buy stays in the wrong hands. Fentao was the victum of this injunction not because someone was supposedly loosing money, but because they gave a small bit of power back to the customers.

That said, of course AACS-LA won’t negotiate. Doing so would mean surrendering some of their undeserved power over the industrie’s customers.

Power! Unlimited power!

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2726143]The point of this inunction wasn’t to stop people from making backups, but to ensure the control of what people buy stays in the wrong hands. Fentao was the victum of this injunction not because someone was supposedly loosing money, but because they gave a small bit of power back to the customers.

That said, of course AACS-LA won’t negotiate. Doing so would mean surrendering some of their undeserved power over the industrie’s customers.

Power! Unlimited power![/QUOTE]

And one wonders why pirates abound…and their movies abound on the internet…AACS is a worthless organization…

Sooner or later they will have to realize that DRM doesn’t stop people who want to pirate stuff. It never has stopped them.

I really wonder after all these years, haven’t these companies learned that this will get them nowhere? OK, I get it, lawyers have to make a living, but still…

Maybe Philamber can comment on whether this legal process has a sound basis or not :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the lawyers are probably the ones that have done the best since DRM came in.

Regardless of who wins they’re always the ones in pocket. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Seems the U.K. will allow to Burn and rip CD’s for personal use> and are awaiting parliament to enable such law any day now.

If that law fails to pass, then I’m sure the dozens of other countries that pop up will not enforce it much either.