DVDFab Announces no AACS 2.0 decryption to crack the next-gen 4K UHD Blu-rays

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVDFab Announces no AACS 2.0 decryption to crack the next-gen 4K UHD Blu-rays[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2014/03/myce-dvd-fab-monkey-sad-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

DVDFab just sent us a press release announcing the company will not support decryption of AACS 2.0. In the release the company stresses that it will never decrypt or circumvent AACS 2.0.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-we-will-not-decrypt-or-circumvent-aacs-2-0-in-the-days-to-come-78698/](http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-we-will-not-decrypt-or-circumvent-aacs-2-0-in-the-days-to-come-78698/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It is indeed sad. Anydvd was my favorite but with loss of decryption for AACS 2.0 we will limited choice for near foreseeable future.

Who said DVDFab was out of market or gone? Did you read the release? RIP is premature at least for DVDFab.

[QUOTE=signals;2768971]Who said DVDFab was out of market or gone? Did you read the release? RIP is premature at least for DVDFab.[/QUOTE]

Okay let me clear I was referring in context to AACS 2.0
I should clear it up.

[B]No AACS 2.0 decryption to crack the next-gen 4K UHD Blu-rays?[/B]

I will have to advice everyone not to buy the new format until a method to make a backup to protect your investment comes along.

I think it is a serious issue when they choose to treat a paying customer like a criminal. In the end, it is the customers who decides and if they do not buy any movies in such a crippled format, it will disappear.

:frowning:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2768973][B]No AACS 2.0 decryption to crack the next-gen 4K UHD Blu-rays?[/B]

I will have to advice everyone not to buy the new format until a method to make a backup to protect your investment comes along.

I think it is a serious issue when they choose to treat a paying customer like a criminal. In the end, it is the customers who decides and if they do not buy any movies in such a crippled format, it will disappear.

:([/QUOTE]
Consider me as one of those not buying such movies. My 1080 upscale DVD and current BD movies are just fine.

However, Fengtao Software Inc. makes it clear that the company will not decrypt or circumvent AACS 2.0 in the days to come. This is in accordance with AACS-LA, (which has not made public the specifications for AACS 2.0), the BDA and the movie studios. Regarding Ultra HD support, DVDFab will concentrate development efforts on providing support for editing 4K/UHD content.

A few questions come to mind…if Fengtao is already on top of the consortium’s ‘most wanted’ list,what’s the benefit of NOT trying to crack AACS 2.0 and trying to be in accordance with AACS-LA?
And if they will concentrate developement on 4k/UHD editing,what’s the benefit of buying this program if there’s no decrypter?

There are already tons of video editors available ,and most of the succes of such programs relied on available decrypters…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2768978]A few questions come to mind…if Fengtao is already on top of the consortium’s ‘most wanted’ list,what’s the benefit of NOT trying to crack AACS 2.0 and trying to be in accordance with AACS-LA?
And if they will concentrate developement on 4k/UHD editing,what’s the benefit of buying this program if there’s no decrypter?

There are already tons of video editors available ,and most of the succes of such programs relied on available decrypters…[/QUOTE]

I can think of two possibilities with regards to Fengtao developing 4K,UHD editing program.

1. Create program to edit video personal user make or capture.
  2. Offload decryption on someone else shoulder.

We will see what happens in next few months.

[QUOTE=012;2768979]I can think of two possibilities with regards to Fengtao developing 4K,UHD editing program.

1. Create program to edit video personal user make or capture.
  2. Offload decryption on someone else shoulder.

We will see what happens in next few months.[/QUOTE]

And my question still stands…:smiley:
Who’ll spend money on such program?
What’s the benefit for us customers buying a new 13-in-a-dozen editor if the market is already,or will be flooded with such programs?
People will have enough on even Nero for that…:bigsmile:

It’s a decrypter we need…:bigsmile:

Before thinking of a decrypter for AACS 2.0, I think you first need to have PC drives that support reading these discs. I have not seen announcements from any company so far. Only a couple of standalone players that seem to be very expensive.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2768981]Before thinking of a decrypter for AACS 2.0, I think you first need to have PC drives that support reading these discs. I have not seen announcements from any company so far. Only a couple of standalone players that seem to be very expensive.[/QUOTE]

It’s quite simple…if the multimedia industry wants their new media format adopted worldwide,they will have to allow compatible devices.
Otherwise,it will stay an exotic format for a niche market,with people who purely buy it for bragging rights…jm2c…:bigsmile:

I think copy protection reduces the number of sold BD units, and in the long run the number of sold BD movies. Yes, streaming is big, but Bluray still hasn’t overtaken DVD. Amazing. Well, 1080p is still good enough for me, I won’t consider 4K bluray until more movies are released in high frame rate.

No worries here about decrypting AACS 2.0 I for one will not be buying a 4K Blu-ray player, or the discs.

Slysoft is gone. DVDFab is going to skip on AACS 2.0. Yep, this is effectively the end. When a required mechanism like AACS is simply ignored then then what’s the point? What happens with AACS 3.0 - if it even ever exists - when say 8K is mainstream?

This decision is simply the writing on the wall for all of it. Sad part is that the Industry is in for a rude awakening. None of this will benefit disc sales.

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2768991]No worries here about decrypting AACS 2.0 I for one will not be buying a 4K Blu-ray player, or the discs.[/QUOTE]
Right with you here. The movie list now are short in quality and entertainment value they aren’t worth buying.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2768992]Slysoft is gone. DVDFab is going to skip on AACS 2.0. Yep, this is effectively the end. When a required mechanism like AACS is simply ignored then then what’s the point? What happens with AACS 3.0 - if it even ever exists - when say 8K is mainstream?[/QUOTE]With the price of the player and people needed to first upgrade their TV to get that option will more or less kill it before it comes out. Most just went to BD entertainment and they expect them to buy new hardware??

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2768992]This decision is simply the writing on the wall for all of it. Sad part is that the Industry is in for a rude awakening. None of this will benefit disc sales.[/QUOTE]You mean not paying the Music Artist but claiming to represent them? That was coming a long time ago.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2768992] Sad part is that the Industry is in for a rude awakening. None of this will benefit disc sales.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!And I wonder where they’re gonna put the blame on this time,as the ‘pirating’ excuse will be obsolete…:Z:Z

I think the inevitable result is that ACSS LA will bury themselves in their own stupidity.
I really hope they do.

As far as I am concerned, there are many movies readily available, that I have not seen. I will watch those. I wont make copies because once I have seen it, its just another waste of my time to watch it again. My son is over 23 and doesnt watch Disney 10 times a day anymore, somehow in all of this we missed the fact all of this new crap costs a lot of money, here in the states good jobs are rare, everyone could do themselves a favor and keep that movie money in your pocket and spent it on something you actually need, or for heavens sake, save it. No, that would blasphemy.:wink:

There are so many ways to get to watch movies now, it’s hardly worth buying new ones on disc. I can stream them, or If I really want a hard copy, there are usually loads of cheap second had DVDs and Blu-rays around.
Apart from that, my nearly £3000 TV doesn’t have an HDMI 2.0a or an HDCP 2.2 input. It will display 4K, but only by streaming. At my time of life, I ain’t buying another TV either.
So as I said, I won’t be buying 4K Blu-ray equipment.

Just a thought Alan,

TEL THE TRUTH AND ALL YOUR LIES BECOME BELIEVABLE?

I like bonus features. A lot. Behind the scenes stuff is great for really good movies. Have yet to see those streamed. Maybe they are? I’ve never seen it. Plus there’s a delay in release and streaming via many online services. Netflix still has many discs only available for disc rental. Contracts get renewed or expire so you have no assurance you’ll have access, etc. To be sure you’ll be able to stream anything you want you’ll have to get Netflix, Amazon VOD, Hulu, HBO Go (?), and whatever else due to exclusivity at like $9.99 or more a month. See where I’m going on this? In the end it’ll cost far more plus you still have to pay for the internet connection. More importantly, however, I can’t wait to see the US internet infrastructure crash and burn under the load of everyone being forced to stream and then 4K… then 8K, etc. Providers won’t spend money as it is. Upgrades to infrastructure? LOL. Yeah. How much will they jack up rates if they do actually do what they should have been doing all along. The US pricing for internet is already ludicrous without raising it.

Ownership of a physical copy is the ONLY way you will ever be able to know that you can watch something whenever you want and that’s what is slowly being taken away from us and most people simply just don’t seem to care which completely frightens me.