DVDFab and PS2 discs

vbimport

The answer to this may be obvious, but as I am in the newbie group, well, you know …

Can DVDFab back up PS2 discs? I’m sure the answer to this is obvious to anyone who has been posting here longer than a week, but not to me.

If not, is there software for backing up PS2 discs?

Thanks

:disagree:

Just use imgburn in read mode to create a iso then burn the iso in write mode. Imgburn is free if you didn’t know already.

I know FAB Platinum can do X Box 360 and PS 3, you might want to go into the FAB Forum with that question at the bottom right hand corner of the forum page you will see a forum jump and on the drop down box scroll down to the DVDFAB Forum

Thanks Jedi, for the advice on a free program to use. I have heard of Imgburn. However, my original question still stands … I have done a bit of research since posting, and think the clone feature of DVDFab (which I just registered as it seems the simplest method and I don’t mind paying the $ for simplicity and constant updates) is the feature I am looking for.

Can anyone else verify that this is correct? Also, I think I elsewhere posted, what is the difference (or sameness if it applies) between clone and full disc in DVD Fab

Thanks as always:iagree:

Full disc takes some stuff out still where clone is a 1 to 1 exact copy

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/ go here for anymore questions concerning DVDFAB and they can tell you all about it or else look here http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/

[quote=kdroskinis;2102689]
Can DVDFab back up PS2 discs?

If not, is there software for backing up PS2 discs?

Thanks

:disagree:[/quote]
[B]NO![/B] dvdfab is just for backing up dvd movies not games. The xbox and PS3 options are to make backup copies of your dvd movies that can play on those game systems. I believe you use alcohol to copy a game but ImgBurn I think will work too but check out the copy protection Sub-forum. In the forum home screen scroll down to copy protection as that is where they talk about copying games.

As far as i recall PS2 games have no protection on them so imgburn will make a fine backup both reading and writing, has worked for me many times.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll check it out. I tried to back up a PS2 game with DVDFab set to clone, but the playstation would not recognize the disc. If there is no copy protection, technically I do not understand why that would not work, but then I am still fairly ignorant in these matters.

I have read elsewhere that backups won’t run unless you have a “mod chip” installed on the playstation2. Is that so?

Thanks for the definitive answer to my question. I am going to check out Imgburn …

I now know the correct media to use (TY or Verbatim +r), but is single layer or dual layer the right size?

I bow to all the superior knowlege and experience here :bow: … thanks for being patient with a newcomer who has a lot of questions and is still figuring out how to navigate the site! :cool:

[QUOTE=kdroskinis;2102775]… I have done a bit of research since posting, and think the clone feature of DVDFab (which I just registered as it seems the simplest method and I don’t mind paying the $ for simplicity and constant updates) is the feature I am looking for…[/QUOTE]

Yo KathiD-

Smart - Very Smart-eh!! :iagree::iagree: :clap::clap:

[QUOTE=kdroskinis;2102924]I have read elsewhere that backups won’t run unless you have a “mod chip” installed on the playstation2. Is that so?[/QUOTE]

There are a few ways to run backups on the ps2…

Mod Chip (best option imo)
Swap magic
Various memory card exploits