Dvdfab and lacinema - ISO no sound?

I am trying to convert DVDs to run on a Lacie lacinema Rugged and having a few problems

I can’t seem to find the best format to convert the DVD to?

I have tried ISO but seems to have no sound and the Movie only to VOB files does not seem to work on the Rugged as after the first file is played it does not automaticaly move to the next!

Any help would be appriciated!:bow:

[QUOTE=simonf;2290691]I am trying to convert DVDs to run on a Lacie lacinema Rugged and having a few problems

I have tried ISO but seems to have no sound and the Movie only to VOB files does not seem to work on the Rugged as after the first file is played it does not automaticaly move to the next!

Any help would be appriciated!:bow:[/QUOTE]

LaCie LaCinema Rugged…I hate to see anyone waste their money, but…

I’ve just read several reviews of the device you are trying to use, and the most flattering thing I’ve read is the reason they make it rugged…when you throw it at your TV in frustration, it’ll stand up to it.

I was trying to find some specs that would tell me what format for video is best, and that’s when I tripped over the several reviews I read.

The only thing I can suggest is you get rid of it, and I’m sure there are many here who have suggestions you can use for a better device.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=simonf;2290691]I am trying to convert DVDs to run on a Lacie lacinema Rugged and having a few problems

Any help would be appriciated!:bow:[/QUOTE]Try converting the DVD main movie using the VOB Passthrough option in DVD to Mobile->Generic. It will make it all one VOB file if the device supports large files. To play DVD disc formatted files, it would need to be able to read the IFO files which apparently it does not. Check you owner’s manual. With some player type devices you have to open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file for it to play correctly. Not sure if this is true on your case. Good luck.

Ah - yes - it would appear that you are right.

I really only needed a really simple device just to play children’s DVDs - so that was my theory! The ‘Rugged’ bit was to keep it child proof!

I have read one article that points the problem to the device (no surprises there then:o) but actually an incompatibility with the HDMI sound. So tonight I will try the composite connection and report back.

I have to say - great support for the DVDFab product (and a great product) - not so good support from Lacie for their device! Still waiting for their helpdesk to come back to me!:a

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with the manufacturer. DVDFab has a robust user community here at CDFreaks. You might try converting to one of the MPEG-4 formats in DVD to Mobile if the Lacie supports AVI or MP4 (or similar) file types. The generic.avi.xvid.mp3 is very stable or the Archos (with 20/20 hindsight, probably what you should have bought :)) 504/604 profile under PVP might also work.

Thanks v much for your help - when I get it working I will update the post.

I should have known really - it seem that not many people have worked with this device - even though the concept works for me!

All sorted!!!

After much investigation - its not the software - its the lacinema rugged that’s the problem … But I think we knew that!:o

The DVDfab software works like a treat. The problem seems to be an issue with the HDMI connection and certain file types - play them through component cable and it works fine. Lacie still denies there’s a problem!

Saying that I have got it working with the AVI - XVID & MP3 file format and it works well. The only thing you can’t do is fast forward through the file - which it not a problem for me.

Thanks for your assistance