DVDFab and ImgBurn

vbimport

I am getting this little warning or such when I use DVDFab with ImgBurn, this warning pops up and then the burn continues without a problem. Can anyone tell me what this is?

W 23:33:15 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.
W 23:33:15 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_DISMOUNT_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.

yeah we all do so don’t worry about it.

It means something else is accessing your drive other than Imgburn and Imgburn wants exclusive access to the drive to eliminate possibilities of coasters. I suspect a lingering handle from DVDFab is hanging on to your drive, but from what I understand DVDFab calls up Imgburn via CLI.

yeah just as Bob and LOCOENG have stated, [U]when opening imgburn from dvdfab this is normal and will not effect the burn[/U]. :disagree:

you can disable this warning if you really want to. :slight_smile: but its not recommended. :bigsmile: LUK has set the CLI to burn even if this occurs, but disable the warning and ImgBurn will not LOCK_VOLUME, which could cause problem if running ImgBurn independently from dvdfab.

Another, more inconvenient way, would be to simply manually burn your disc. Close DVDFab when it’s done and then open Imgburn and burn away.

I’d bet the other program that has the drive is DVD Fab (you can check it out with Process Explorer). I’d burn manually, like LOCO has advised.

Regards

nice blutach,

straight from the author.

Maybe Fab can find a way to relinquish the drive so the annoying little error doesn’t appear. I’d be reluctant to turn off the setting in ImgBurn.

Regards

All,

I have the LOCK setting turned off in Img Burn, but I use along with Fab Platinum, not stand alone. No problems! :clap: