DvdFab and Imgburn burn engine

I have been using DVDFAB for several years now and I think it one of the best software there is (my opinon) and Fengtao and Ting, are always inproving and updating all the time. My questilon, why is the imgburn burn engine better? or is it? I tryed it once on the disc Max Panye, after I used DVDFab and before the new update came out, to redo the files and it seemed to correct some of the errors on the files, I would feel sure that the DVDFAB team would or have made the burn engine just as good. Right !
Thanks for your input on this, and if this is a second post about this subject I am sorry… I have saw several posts to use imgburn that was my reason for this post…

Sontog:bow:

[quote=Sontog;2214124]I have been using DVDFAB for several years now and I think it one of the best software there is (my opinon) and Fengtao and Ting, are always inproving and updating all the time. My questilon, why is the imgburn burn engine better? or is it? I tryed it once on the disc Max Panye, after I used DVDFab and before the new update came out, to redo the files and it seemed to correct some of the errors on the files, I would feel sure that the DVDFAB team would or have made the burn engine just as good. Right !
Thanks for your input on this, and if this is a second post about this subject I am sorry… I have saw several posts to use imgburn that was my reason for this post…

Sontog:bow:[/quote]
DVDFab is not the author of the default burn engine VSO Software is, ImgBurn is better because it controls the drive and write speed much better then the VSO software.

thanks SJ for the quick response, then what you are saying that DVDFabs burn VSO is made by another author, So it good to have both on hand, I just wondering why DVDFab doesnot use the same author? or maybe there are other reasons, far beyond my understanding… Thanks again…

Sontog

[quote=Sontog;2214148]thanks SJ for the quick response, then what you are saying that DVDFabs burn VSO is made by another author, [B]So it good to have both on hand[/B], I just wondering why DVDFab doesnot use the same author? or maybe there are other reasons, far beyond my understanding… Thanks again…

Sontog[/quote]
When it come to making a backup copy of DVDs or burning data to a disc you will find it is always a good idea to have multiple tools on hand or as they say in your toolbox :bigsmile: :wink:

[QUOTE=Sontog;2214148]thanks SJ for the quick response, then what you are saying that DVDFabs burn VSO is made by another author, So it good to have both on hand, I just wondering why DVDFab doesnot use the same author? or maybe there are other reasons, far beyond my understanding… Thanks again…

Sontog[/QUOTE]

The more tools the better as Storm says. For Example I usually use Nero 8 for burns but after an update to Nero software my burns would only create the Video_TS folder and leave off the Audio_TS folder. This caused one of my 3 dvd set top players to not be able to read the backup copies of my disc. When I switched to ImgBurn everything worked fine.

Tis why I’ll not upgrade to Nero 9 :iagree:

Thanks for all the feeback on the software, and Yes I have just a few items in my toobox, and of course, If I need help on any of my problems that should arise, I know where to get help… Thanks all for your help !

sontog

[quote=Sontog;2214513]Thanks for all the feeback on the software, and Yes I have just a few items in my toobox, and of course, If I need help on any of my problems that should arise, I know where to get help… Thanks all for your help !

sontog[/quote]
You are very welcome :smiley:
Have a nice day :flower:

To add to this — I used the complete ‘DVDFab’ download for a couple of years now and I know it comes packaged up with the VSO burn engine, although the VSO engine is not from the authors of DVDFab.

From a user point, it does look like it is I guess and the DVDFab software works seamslessly with the VSO engine, i.e. nothing extra shows on screen when the burn starts except the entries in the log.

I used the VSO engine for 90% of my backups and think this works really well (always using good media of course) but for me I ran into a few problems a couple of DVDFab releases ago (cannot remember which now), where the burn to disc did not work.

It wasn’t a huge issue in that I could do the back-ups again but I wasted about 5 discs and took me a little time to figure the problem.

As a net result I tried the ImgBurn engine and whilst this too works seamlessly, you know when the burn starts not only from the log but also as ImgBurn starts in a new window of it’s own.

For me and looking at all ImgBurn has to offer there are lots more parameters and tweaks you can make for the burns and control the drives etc…, so for now I’ll be sticking to that.

This all said and tools in the toolbox, VSO has served me well I will of course update this and as future versions of DVDFab come out may use this again but for the moment ImgBurn does the job.

Yo Asbac
I have never had any issues with the VSO burn engine either and I have burned my share of movies let me tell ya, but since ImgBurn support was added I use it because it has better control on the drives/burner and the write speed.

What I like about it the most is that you can set a different write speed for each MID on different drives which the VSO doesn’t have that ability so you are having to change the write speed often :eek:
and as you may already know you can’t go by the brand name specially when using low quality media because the MID can change with ever spindle you buy :iagree:

But as you can see at the bottom of my signature I only use top notch(high quality) media :iagree: guess with your 2 cents and my 2 cents we make a little sence :smiley: which is only my 2 cents of course :bigsmile:

To tell the truth, I sometimes wonder why DVDFab is sticking with the VSO burn engine at all. It has to be costing DVDFab money to use VSO and I don’t know why they don’t just use that money to develop a burn engine of their own. Or if they don’t want to get into that area, just get rid of VSO and use Imgburn exclusively (unless they are locked in to VSO for a certain time period or something). There must be reasons why they aren’t making a move to change anything on the burn side of things. I’d be interested to hear comments from Fengtao on that (though he might not want to discuss it publicly).

With Fengtao improving his software you never know :smiley: I’m sure it is in the back of his mind but there is many things/issues to work out first :iagree: as they say “One step at a time” course he does seem to be a man of many steps :bigsmile:

but there is many things/issues to work out first

I’m sure there is. Contracts can get mighty complex and no telling what the skinny is regarding VSO and DVDFab. We could speculate all day long on that and still never know.

I was so glad to have a post that created so much good feedback and information, that helps us software challenged people that can learn from reading the post of the great cast of this forum, I too hope that they will in time come up with their own burn engine. that will be the talk of the forum

Sontog:bow:

[quote=Sontog;2215945][B]I was so glad to have a post that created so much good feedback and information[/B], that helps us software challenged people that can learn from reading the post of the great cast of this forum, I too hope that they will in time come up with their own burn engine. that will be the talk of the forum

Sontog:bow:[/quote]
Yup just glad we didn’t get our fingers slapped by a member of the MOD Squad for going off topic :bigsmile:

But the thing not everybody has problems with the VSO burn engine perhaps it’s just the way some people have their computers setup maybe I don’t know myself, all I know is that it works great for me in task 1 & 2 as I never use the task 3 step as for me it’s a waste of time