DVDFab 9.1.5.0 released – without Blur-ray ripping for U.S. citizens

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVDFab 9.1.5.0 released – without Blur-ray ripping for U.S. citizens[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2012/12/DVDFab-Thumbnail.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-9-1-5-0-released-without-blur-ray-ripping-for-u-s-citizens-71713

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That sucks. Guess I’ll be looking into AnyDVD soon. I even bought a lifetime license, and now I feel like I’ve just be royally screwed (with no lube). I understand why they’re doing what they’re doing, but it’s still a major disappointment.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2728643]We’ve just posted the following news: DVDFab 9.1.5.0 released – without Blur-ray ripping for U.S. citizens[/QUOTE]

Did they forgot their promise to existing customers…:eek:

That’s not the issue, they know full well that every torrent site in the world will have the files that do update to decrypt. Do you think the AACS-LA will be able to control the Russians, Microsoft hasn’t so why should they. Oh, I forgot Microsoft is the AACS=LA. LOL.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2728680]That’s not the issue, they know full well that every torrent site in the world will have the files that do update to decrypt. Do you think the AACS-LA will be able to control the Russians, Microsoft hasn’t so why should they. Oh, I forgot Microsoft is the AACS=LA. LOL.[/QUOTE]

You’re right.:iagree:
But it seems like DvdFab bended over a little bit to the bigshots…I mean,how would the AACS LA know who of the US citizens has the decrypter featured version of DVDFab installed?Did they got acces to customer details by court order?Were the bank card companies pushed to hand over details about payments to Fengtao?Or is traffic of consumers from the USA monitored by their isp’s and handed over to the AACS consortium if they try to access DvdFab’s servers?
If none of the above applies,what’s Fengtao’s reason for doing this…:confused::confused:

How does checking if you’re from the US or not really work? Based on IP?

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2728691]How does checking if you’re from the US or not really work? Based on IP?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Based on your IP, it will download the US version if you are here.

There are simply two different installers one says usexe.the other is for the rest of the world if you live in the US it should not take too much to figure out how to get the non US installer cough…cough VPN…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2728693]There are simply two different installers one says usexe.the other is for the rest of the world if you live in the US it should not take too much to figure out how to get the non US installer cough…cough VPN…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
You and both know that there are so many FTPs in Europe that update these on a constant basis, not to mention the ease of just asking a friend to upload the installer to a file sharing service, Fab is trying their best to accommodate the AACS-LA but in doing so they are bowing to a greedy consortium of billionaires that are unrelenting, they sense weakness here and they will go for the jugular, this just my personal opinion, by the time they succeed in wiping out these programs Bluray discs will no longer be relevant. JMHO.

Since I’m not working with blu-ray & don’t plan to it doesn’t have much real effect on me. I stopped with version 8 & I will get any updates DVDFab has for it .
Version 9 with the constant “phone home” partly to check to see if I have a legitimate copy of DVDFab offends me.

I don’t have a copy of the old DVDFab web page from when I got DVDFab Platinium lifetime. So I can’t prove this. [B]My mistake.[/B]
All updates to blu-ray decryption were supposed to be included. Then the “contract” was changed to that was the blu-ray at the time but not the newer versions of blu-ray. (easiest way to describe this).
So I resent being checked out each time by a contract breaking company.
Who’s the real thief ?
DVDFab took advantage knowing it is almost impossible for a US citizen or a citizen of any country outside of China to sue them . This is why I don’t see why DVDFab isn’t fighting the AACS LA harder. What kind of success would they have in China?
All China would need to do is refuse any credit used by US citizens or companies to purchase from China. So China needs to put a stop to this . If China did this the AACS LA would be “kicked” by the US government & sent home with it’s tail between it’s legs.

[QUOTE=cholla;2728704]Since I’m not working with blu-ray & don’t plan to it doesn’t have much real effect on me. I stopped with version 8 & I will get any updates DVDFab has for it .
Version 9 with the constant “phone home” partly to check to see if I have a legitimate copy of DVDFab offends me.

I don’t have a copy of the old DVDFab web page from when I got DVDFab Platinium lifetime. So I can’t prove this. [B]My mistake.[/B]
All updates to blu-ray decryption were supposed to be included. Then the “contract” was changed to that was the blu-ray at the time but not the newer versions of blu-ray. (easiest way to describe this).
So I resent being checked out each time by a contract breaking company.
Who’s the real thief ?
DVDFab took advantage knowing it is almost impossible for a US citizen or a citizen of any country outside of China to sue them . This is why I don’t see why DVDFab isn’t fighting the AACS LA harder. What kind of success would they have in China?
All China would need to do is refuse any credit used by US citizens or companies to purchase from China. So China needs to put a stop to this . If China did this the AACS LA would be “kicked” by the US government & sent home with it’s tail between it’s legs.[/QUOTE]

FAB is trying anything, they can't use any payment processors, 99% of them are located in the USA or have ties to the USA, if they cant sell the program what good does it do them to update it, they cant even sell it in any country in the world besides China, and that wont do. No Paypal, no Mastercard, no Visa, etc. This is where the AACS-LA has them by the family jewels.

That is why their own government needs to step in.
I don’t know if a company like DVDFab is able to persuade China’s government to do something like I suggest.
I’m sure that if China stopped any purchases from China made with the payment processors. It wouldn’t take long for the US government to turn against the AACS-LA . Sure this would temporarily lose millions of dollars for China but that would catch back up .
Unfortunately the US has become dependent on Chinese goods & the consumer outcry when these were suddenly stopped would be enormous. The point China should get is they need to stop this kind of economic sanction now because it could be applied to anything sold by China in the future. That probably won’t happen but it sets a precedent . For example : Protect US shoe manufacturers with no payment processors allowing purchase of shoes from China. I know I have some Chinese shoes how about you ? So if US shoe manufacturers want this import stopped so they can make the money instead will a US Federal Court be so quick to comply with their requests ?

[QUOTE=cholla;2728712]That is why their own government needs to step in.
I don’t know if a company like DVDFab is able to persuade China’s government to do something like I suggest.
I’m sure that if China stopped any purchases from China made with the payment processors. It wouldn’t take long for the US government to turn against the AACS-LA . Sure this would temporarily lose millions of dollars for China but that would catch back up .
Unfortunately the US has become dependent on Chinese goods & the consumer outcry when these were suddenly stopped would be enormous. The point China should get is they need to stop this kind of economic sanction now because it could be applied to anything sold by China in the future. That probably won’t happen but it sets a precedent . For example : Protect US shoe manufacturers with no payment processors allowing purchase of shoes from China. I know I have some Chinese shoes how about you ? So if US shoe manufacturers want this import stopped so they can make the money instead will a US Federal Court be so quick to comply with their requests ?[/QUOTE]
You are 100% correct, except for the fact that I don’t think that anyone at DVDFAB has that kind of influence. Your talking about starting a trade war with the USA over a program that decrypts Bluray DVDs. I don’t think either country wants to risk 1 USD or even write a letter for this type of action. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2728693]There are simply two different installers one says usexe.the other is for the rest of the world if you live in the US it should not take too much to figure out how to get the non US installer cough…cough VPN…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

You don’t even need a VPN, just get a download link from a non-US user.

[QUOTE=CDan;2728720]You don’t even need a VPN, just get a download link from a non-US user.[/QUOTE]
That is correct and they know that, and I have to guess that the AACS-LA does also,so them trying all these inane tactics are not going to please anyone, it might show they are trying but in this day and age of tech its impossible to keep something like a file in one part of the world without the other part getting it. Most of the file sharing services are worldwide and most of the pirate websites are in Russia and Europe and Iran, do they think that these files are not going to be freely available to anyone with a computer? Look I for one wish them all the luck and prosperity in the world, they have been around for many years and its not like either you have Bluray decryption or you die, I don’t really even burn discs anymore, my son is grown and I cant stay awake long enough to watch a movie. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2728721] its not like either you have Bluray decryption or you die, I don’t really even burn discs anymore, my son is grown and I cant stay awake long enough to watch a movie. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Many of us want to archive our movies on HDD for home network distribution, which is “fair use”. If the nitwits in the MPAA would decide to sell us 1080p digital copies of their movies at a fair price, the demand for illegal movie rips would all but vanish and they would be even richer. :iagree:

[QUOTE=CDan;2728720]You don’t even need a VPN, just get a download link from a non-US user.[/QUOTE]Very true it only took me a couple minutes to find the IP of the rest of the world server and just modify it to the non usexe in the url quite easy …downloads the correct one rather your in the usa or not they have two different server Ips one for all the world except the Usa and one for the usa you don’t want the Usa server IP.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Didn’t they always have a ‘decrypts’ and a ‘non-decrypts’ URL?

They used to have then they stopped it a few years back for several years.

Hi alan , I’ve just been playing the devil’s advocate in this thread.
I don’t know hardly anything about China’s legal system .
I assume they have attorneys . Like here a high priced one can do a lot & a public one can’t.
If an attorney could argue the point in China to their courts. I think it could be pointed out that the US Federal court had already started a trade war with this decision. The reason it should be acted on by China is the precedent it sets .
For this I will define a software program as a “good” . If this decision stands it can be applied to any “good” sold by China.
I haven’t seen this suggested . If anyone knows they can post it.
Can a cashiers check or money order be sent & DVDFab be able to cash it ?
Even if it is from a US bank ,etc.
I know that slows the process down a lot .
What does this mean for US customers that have already purchased DVDFab with blu-ray ripper ?
If it no longer has this ability doesn’t that violate the contract between the customer & DVDFab ? The customer is no longer getting what they purchased.