DVDFab 9.0.3.8 for Windows (April 29, 2013)

New! DVDFab 9.0.3.8 for Windows is out!

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9

DVDFab 9.0.3.8 for Windows (April 29, 2013)

New: Added support for a new copy protection as found on “Jack Reacher”.
New: Added support to create Top Menu for DVD creator.
New: Added support to output both AC3 5.1 and AAC 2.0 audio tracks for AppleTV profile.
Fix: A crash problem when connecting power for laptop computer.
Fix: A crash problem when finished installing in certain cases.
Fix: An oversize problem when copying Blu-ray disc to Full Disc BD25 in certain cases.
Fix: A freeze problem when creating mp4/m2ts/ts file sources to DVD and Blu-ray.

The UI for v9 versus v8 is still completely non-intuitive. I have no obvious way to select the destination file. I don’t know which tracks are the correct ones to rip.

Also, it is so slow that I gave up. After an hour of the thing wacking the disc, I canceled it. I then started v8 and it ripped the same disc in under 14 minutes.

Looks neat, but does not work.

Please put the details of v8 back in so the product is actually useful. Otherwise I have to stick with v8 until it becomes so outdated that I move to some other product that works.

Hi fischershaw,

All titles can be previewed by selecting them and viewing them in the inbuilt preview window.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by ‘destination file’ but if you mean an ISO just click on the small disc icon near the bottom.

Check out the review here as well for further details and see if that answers your queries.

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Anybody know how big dvdfab v9.0.3.8 is? I got 40,051,408 bytes. Just wondering because the server is so slow.

That’s what I got Miroku44444

The server is fast as heck now, the whole whole 39mbs only took about 5 seconds.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2686276]Anybody know how big dvdfab v9.0.3.8 is? I got 40,051,408 bytes. Just wondering because the server is so slow.[/QUOTE]

38.1 MB according to what it tells me here.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2686279]The server is fast as heck now, the whole whole 39mbs only took about 5 seconds.[/QUOTE]

It’s been really slow recently Alan and I’m finding it still like that downloading the latest version right now.

Half way through now and it still has 3 1/2 minutes to go. :rolleyes:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Got it now!

Yep, 40,051,408 bytes, Miroku4444.

Oh and thanks for the update xorsists. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Yep, it WAS slow to download, but I finally got it. By the way, was alerted to 9.0.3.8 when I opened the previous version and was asked if I wanted to update. Fab enters the modern age! :bigsmile:

By the way, was alerted to 9.0.3.8 when I opened the previous version

That’s because version 9 calls home before starting now.

I noticed that when I try to rip to I pod 1089 or Apple TV it takes from 2 to 5 hours to complete. Is this normal or am I doing something different in my set up?

TWO NEW BUGS:

1. Software no longer rips to independent Full Disc or Main Movie folders, but dumps everything in a parent folder.

2. Software now ignores user title edits and rips files using whatever title information it gleaned from the original disc. Users can no longer “fix” sloppy titling within the software.

For the first one, check your output file settings under Common Settings >> General >> General >> and hit the Settings button next to Output Directory.

It shouldn’t, but sometimes DVDFab resets this when you upgrade.

I’m not sure if there’s a fix for the second problem as I haven’t seen anyone else reporting this yet.

I’ll keep an eye on this one for you though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2686247]Hi fischershaw,
All titles can be previewed by selecting them and viewing them in the inbuilt preview window.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by ‘destination file’ but if you mean an ISO just click on the small disc icon near the bottom.

Check out the review here as well for further details and see if that answers your queries.

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Might I suggest adding popup toolhelp for all of these little icons in the UI?

It seems strange that when I have selected “Main Movie” and selected an output file, in which the File Dialog indicates I am naming an ISO, that no ISO is produced. Instead I get the video/audio split up files.

Also, as mentioned many months ago, it would be nice to have more data on the audio tracks, as is displayed in v8. Otherwise 5 tracks all labeled “English” is fairly useless.

Ok, thanks guys. Looks like i got all of it then. I wish fangtao would put the md5 hash with releases.

That’s because version 9 calls home before starting now.
Thanks for the info. Will block it with my firewall.

The program won’t work if you block it

It doesn’t collect any data?

[QUOTE=Wombler;2686461]For the first one, check your output file settings under Common Settings >> General >> General >> and hit the Settings button next to Output Directory.

It shouldn’t, but sometimes DVDFab resets this when you upgrade.

I’m not sure if there’s a fix for the second problem as I haven’t seen anyone else reporting this yet.

I’ll keep an eye on this one for you though.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

You are correct; this is because of the update. If the software creates an ISO, it will use the volume name from the original disc, not the one the user enters.

Also, when it creates an ISO, it dumps it in the parent directory of the Full Disc / Main Movie folders.

I just didn’t catch that it was making ISO files, rather than the normal VOBs.

I wish user settings would better survive regular updates.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2686661]It doesn’t collect any data?[/QUOTE]yes it does collect Data it makes sure your using a Valid registered program and also an internet connection is needed for Blu-ray movies to aquire the decryption keys from the Fab server Much like Anydvd Woirks.