DVDFab 9.0.1.2 for Windows (November 30, 2012)

vbimport

New! DVDFab 9.0.1.2 for Windows is out!
New! DVDFab 9.0.1.2 for Windows is out!

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9

DVDFab 9.0.1.2 for Windows (November 30, 2012)

New: Added “Version” and “Serial Number” in Settings->Drives.
New: Added “Prevent standby/hibernation/screensaver when processing” feature.
New: Added “Burn again” feature.
Fix: A problem that the temp files are not deleted after burning.
Fix: A problem that cannot display the progress at task bar.
Fix: Some external subtitle problems in Blu-ray Copy and Bu-ray Ripper mode.
Fix: A problem that the volume name is wrong in task queue.
Fix: A problem that “Always display only forced subpicture” feature cannot work.
Fix: A problem that the summary info cannot be refreshed in certain cases.
Fix: A glitter problem of preview in certain cases.
Fix: A wrong link problem for renew.
Fix: A problem that DVDFab crashed when turn off subtitle in Preview.
Fix: A problem that cannot launch DVDFab in certain cases while an usb drive is connecting.
Fix: A crash problem when copying or ripping with a movie without any subtitle.
Fix: A problem that should not enable “Remove HD Audio” when the audio is not HD.
Fix: A problem that main window cannot be maximized in certain cases.
Fix: A truncation problem in Summary when the volume label is too long.
Fix: A problem that should not recognize blank DVD disc as a source.
Fix: A problem that cannot recognize blank disc for copying in certain cases.
Fix: A problem that cannot navigate to Full Disc mode from Split mode in certain cases.
Fix: A crash problem when opening with 2 channels PCM DVD in Ripper mode.
Fix: Added warning information when using “Copy as 3D” feature.
Fix: A problem that cannot create miniso file for folder source.
Fix: A crash problem when eject Blu-ray disc in Full disc mode.
Fix: A problem that missing “Copy as Blu-ray 3D”,“Copy as Blu-ray 2D” and “Convert to Blu-ray SBS 3D” in certain cases.
Fix: A problem that cannot distinguish “Fake title” by different color.
Fix: A no sound problem when ripping with some profiles, the bitrate of audio is too high. Should reduce the audio bitrate form “main” level to “lc”.
Fix: A problem that the progress bar of task queue display wrong in Video Converter mode.
Fix: A queue problem when creating multiple files to a DVD or Blu-ray.
Fix: A crash problem when opening a broken file source.

Thanks Alan. :flower:

Yet another massive fix list.

[B]Wombler[/B]

It works a treat for me, and I use almost all the features.:iagree:

Looks like it’s still hanging up when ripping more than 1 DVD. I successfully ripped one DVD to my hard drive; after swapping that for a second DVD, the program went through the motions of reading the contents, but nothing was ever displayed in the Source: window–as if there was no DVD in the drive.

The program has to be restarted for each and every DVD you want to rip.

Windows XP SP3, up to date, 2Gb of RAM

[QUOTE=Wombler;2666339]Thanks Alan. :flower:

Yet another massive fix list.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]And there will be more massive fixes before the version 9 is done but they are coming along fine.

Thanks Alan for the update.:smiley:

OK…

This is what is actually happening: Rip a disc, everything works fine. Put in a new disc, the software reads the volume information, but all you see is this:

You’re thinking, “What the heck? It can’t rip the new disc?” It’s actually a bug in the display of volume information. Click one of the other copy methods, and the missing info appears. In this case, I clicked Full Disc, then clicked back to Main Movie and got this:

So, it’s not that the program won’t read or rip subsequent DVDs; rather, it doesn’t display volume information until you toggle the copy method. It’s a bug, just not what I thought it was.

[QUOTE=xorsists;2666369]And there will be more massive fixes before the version 9 is done but they are coming along fine.

Thanks Alan for the update.:D[/QUOTE]

I think they’re progressing very rapidly and if they keep up this sort of pace then it won’t be too long before the vast majority of problems are sorted.

Big changelogs are good news as far as we’re concerned. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=teh roxxors;2666373]OK…

This is what is actually happening: Rip a disc, everything works fine. Put in a new disc, the software reads the volume information, but all you see is this:

You’re thinking, “What the heck? It can’t rip the new disc?” It’s actually a bug in the display of volume information. Click one of the other copy methods, and the missing info appears. In this case, I clicked Full Disc, then clicked back to Main Movie and got this:

So, it’s not that the program won’t read or rip subsequent DVDs; rather, it doesn’t display volume information until you toggle the copy method. It’s a bug, just not what I thought it was.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying that as they’re now more aware of what the problem is, but at least you’ve managed to find a workaround for this in the meantime.

Hopefully this one will be fixed in the next update though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Will registered users of DVDFab 8 get a free upgrade to 9, or will we have to purchase a new license?

I’m confused,
is this a continuation of QT versions?

[QUOTE=rago88;2667064]I’m confused,
is this a continuation of QT versions?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that as well. :confused:

[QUOTE=rhpt;2666753]Will registered users of DVDFab 8 get a free upgrade to 9, or will we have to purchase a new license?[/QUOTE]
If you bought the lifetime license, you will. Or if your current license hasn’t expired yet.

ok… My registration went thru… 9.0.1.2
in settings, I don’t see anywhere that u can choose imgburn to burn.
Is this the default burning engine now?

[QUOTE=rago88;2667229]ok… My registration went thru… 9.0.1.2
Is this the default burning engine now?[/QUOTE]
Ya know something, I cant find it either, it was there in the last version.:confused:

[QUOTE=rago88;2667064]I’m confused,
is this a continuation of QT versions?[/QUOTE]

Version 9 also uses Qt but with a different user interface design.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2667234]Version 9 also uses Qt but with a different user interface design.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE] Can you find ImgBurn in the settings Stephen?:confused:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2667275]Can you find ImgBurn in the settings Stephen?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the connection is there Alan but I haven’t actually tried version 9 myself yet.

I just know they’re both written in Qt.

[B]Wombler[/B]

In response to tehroxxors post about screen info missing:

I had a similar glitch.
.Used Copy for
expendables 2…full disk.
after finishing the analysis, the interface screen was blank.
I switched to ripper or convert, not sure which, then [U]back to Copy [/U]where the info was back.[or there all the time but not showing]…
then of course, when I went to burn, it couldn’t find the source BECAUSE,
I never checked but it was set for dvd9… was using my laptop to test out fab9, and it’s only a single layer burner … fortunately I didn’t delete anything and pointed imgburn to the FAB temp folder… btw: nowhere in settings do I see to choose your burn engine… posted this glitch earlier on it’s own.

[QUOTE=rago88;2667229]ok… My registration went thru… 9.0.1.2
Is this the default burning engine now?[/QUOTE]
I found it LOL.

Duh!!!
thanks…