DVDFab 9.0.0.3 Beta for Windows (October 13, 2012)

New! DVDFab 9.0.0.3 Beta for Windows is out!
New! DVDFab 9.0.0.3 Beta for Windows is out!

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9

DVDFab 9.0.0.3 Beta for Windows (October 13, 2012)

What’s new:
New: Improved the user experience.
New: Some minor changes and improvements.
Fix: A problem that cannot stop the preview after about 5 minute.
Fix: A problem that cannot save the default output size for DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy.
Fix: A crash problem when clicking finish button after a copying or ripping task done.
Fix: Added “2 pass” setting for DVD Ripper and Blu-ray Ripper.
Fix: Added “Bit Rate” setting for DVD Ripper and Blu-ray Ripper.
Fix: Added “PathPlayer” settings.

Thanks Alan. :flower:

Is this ready for general consumption yet or do the same warnings apply as with the previous version?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2659208]Is this ready for general consumption yet or do the same warnings apply as with the previous version?[/QUOTE]

The ability to read ARccOS and other structure protected discs was not implemented in the early alfas and it seems to me that structure protected DVDs still gives a reading error (the same discs works with ver 8), so I would say no.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2659208]Thanks Alan. :flower:

Is this ready for general consumption yet or do the same warnings apply as with the previous version?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Stephen:
It works but its a beta and with all betas you will find problems, even when the beta goes to RC1 or Final you still have issues, all who want to try the new product should at their own risk, the only risk being that what they want to do, may not work in its entirety. I just thought the forum members would like to see what Fabs plans are for the future. Its free to try.:flower:

DVDFab 9 is a step backwards as far as ease of use is concerned.

[QUOTE=gummiwutz;2659254]DVDFab 9 is a step backwards as far as ease of use is concerned.[/QUOTE]
Then dont try it. Thats easy. Its free you have nothing to lose. But you can stick with V8, V9 I suspect wont go offical for a few months.

Thanks Alan1476,guess we are now on the Final countdown to DVDFab 9.9.9.9.

The latest beta 9.0.0.3 they have fixed some issues but it still has many bugs stick with fab 8XXX for your daily ripper needs or copy needs but try out the 9.0.0.3 you can have both the 8xxx version and the new dvdfab 9 version running side by side with no problems if you want to test it out.:slight_smile:

I think from all the reading I have done watching the posts on the new beta and some issues that Alan is right I don’t expect we will see an official version 9 release for several months my best guess maybe in the first 2 months of 2013 at the earliest but Fengtao has been known to push new versions faster than maybe they should be so maybe as early as Christmas time.

[QUOTE=altitude;2659302]Thanks Alan1476,guess we are now on the Final countdown to DVDFab 9.9.9.9.[/QUOTE]

I think they’re more at the designing the spaceship stage but the rest will certainly come. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Having installed the v9 beta I agree with others. The UI is horrid. Why not keep the old UI and give the end user the option to use the new UI or not.

Also, will this connect to the DVDFab server every time you start it up. I sometimes convert video files for my tablet or phone while I am out and have no internet connection.

John

Thank you Alan!!!

[QUOTE=iceman498;2659820]Thank you Alan!!![/QUOTE]

Nice to see you here iceman498,:clap:

It appears that the name of the ISO file is cut off at 26 letters.

An mp3 file with the entire audio track is created in addition to the ISO and placed in the destination. I presume this is normally placed in the temp directory then deleted.

I can’t find the option to eject the disc when done reading.

The layout with regards to selecting subtitles is confusing. In fact, I don’t see how to do it.

[QUOTE=WeeHappyPixie;2659366]Having installed the v9 beta I agree with others. The UI is horrid. Why not keep the old UI and give the end user the option to use the new UI or not.

Also, will this connect to the DVDFab server every time you start it up. I sometimes convert video files for my tablet or phone while I am out and have no internet connection.

John[/QUOTE]The new version dvdfab 9 has to connect to the internet every time you open it now to check your license and of course you have to be online for it to decrypt blu-rays anyway.

But they are thinking of a option so you can use dvdfab offline for so many times before it requires an internet connection to again check the license.