DVDFab 8100QT

vbimport

I can’t get DVDFabQT to install on my computer. I have a Gateway 505GR
With HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GSA -H22N Burner.Everything starts allright untill ittrys to install the program them it freezes (I think) and stops. I tryed to delete the program with add and delete it will not delete whatever it has in there.Don’t now what to do now.Please help.Ernie

Hi Ernie,

I’m not sure what operating system you’re running but there’s a problem, currently affecting a lot of Win XP SP3 users, that cause the difficulties you’re describing.

The DVDFab team are aware of the problem but are having difficulties tracing what’s causing it.

If you’re unlucky enough to be affected you can still use the last non Qt version though which you’ll get here.

It’s only a temporary workaround I know but unfortunately that seems to be the best option for affected users at present.

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=erniereed;2592840]I can’t get DVDFabQT to install on my computer. I have a Gateway 505GR
With HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GSA -H22N Burner.Everything starts allright untill ittrys to install the program them it freezes (I think) and stops. I tryed to delete the program with add and delete it will not delete whatever it has in there.Don’t now what to do now.Please help.Ernie[/QUOTE]

Hi erniereed

Sorry to hear you are having this problem :frowning:

I take it you are talking about an XP operating system, unfortunately there seems to be a problem with some problem with the hardware on some XP systems.

The only known solution to get it uninstalled is by installing v8095 QT over it then you can uninstall the QT version, I suggest you keep v8085 (Non QT version) on your system.

Dear all,

If you still have startup problem on windows xp with dvdfab v8100, please re-download to see the result, thank.

Best Regards,
Fengtao
This just came out today

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2592908]Dear all,

If you still have startup problem on windows xp with dvdfab v8100, please re-download to see the result, thank.

Best Regards,
Fengtao
This just came out today[/QUOTE]

Did it fix your problem Jimbo ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2592911]Did it fix your problem Jimbo ?[/QUOTE] :a Hell no :disagree: and I tried everything I know of, only the flash screen loads great but the main page does load at all

Dang!!!..It won’t un-install from the control panel !!!..I ran the search proggy to un-install the proggy and it sez that the program isn’t there. Meanwhile…In add remove programs it says it’s still there and using up 50 mb’s…Fangtao…buddy…major uh-oh’s goin’ on…I still stand behind dvdfab and have confidence that the problems will come to an end soon…Die-Hard Fab Endorser…Jim

[QUOTE=bandog101;2592990]Dang!!!..It won’t un-install from the control panel !!!..I ran the search proggy to un-install the proggy and it sez that the program isn’t there. Meanwhile…In add remove programs it says it’s still there and using up 50 mb’s…Fangtao…buddy…major uh-oh’s goin’ on…I still stand behind dvdfab and have confidence that the problems will come to an end soon…Die-Hard Fab Endorser…Jim[/QUOTE]

If you have an older version of QT say like v8095 QT you can install it which will then allow you to at least unintsall the QT.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2593004]If you have an older version of QT say like v8095 QT you can install it which will then allow you to at least unintsall the QT.[/QUOTE] :iagree::iagree::iagree:

Nope…I guess I’ll have to wipe my computer clean and start over again…( I’m only kiddin’)…I guess this would envolve d/ding another qt version to un-install…dare I try?..probably…Anyone got the scoop on why this new version is such a problem to fix? It would seem to me that the only thing that that would need to be updated from time to time would be the protections encoding…( Why fix it if it ain’t broke?}…Jim

[QUOTE=bandog101;2593054]Nope…I guess I’ll have to wipe my computer clean and start over again…( I’m only kiddin’)…I guess this would envolve d/ding another qt version to un-install…dare I try?..probably…Anyone got the scoop on why this new version is such a problem to fix? It would seem to me that the only thing that that would need to be updated from time to time would be the protections encoding…( Why fix it if it ain’t broke?}…Jim[/QUOTE] D/L 8.0.9.5 over top of it then if you want a complete uninstaller to remove it from the reg. also D/L Revo Uninstaller (free) and pick the last option to remove it from the reg. also this will get rid of it completely, but read Revo good before you start

[QUOTE=bandog101;2593054]It would seem to me that the only thing that that would need to be updated from time to time would be the protections encoding…( [B]Why fix it if it ain’t broke?[/B]}…Jim[/QUOTE]

It has to do with feature request and becoming the “All-in-one” program.

http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-8-1-0-0-qt-out-june-16-2011-a-322099/index2.html#post2593254 The fix for us XP users who were having problems, after you unzip add attachment to 8QT folder then double click on attachment, :slight_smile: Yeah it finally works now

UH-OH…unexecutable will not open…EGADS…Jim:doh:

Try redownloading the attachment if you are running XP

I have give upon trying to put QT on my XP computer I have bought a computer that runs on windows 7 Qt works there I would like to move my acount to it but using the seven letter code behind my name in the other computer does not work. and i dont have the same e- mail account that i had when i bought the program. I also bought a disc but it does not help me what do i need to do?help

[QUOTE=erniereed;2595610]I have give upon trying to put QT on my XP computer I have bought a computer that runs on windows 7 Qt works there I would like to move my acount to it but using the seven letter code behind my name in the other computer does not work. and i dont have the same e- mail account that i had when i bought the program. I also bought a disc but it does not help me what do i need to do?help[/QUOTE]

Hi erniereed

Have you tried doing a clean uninstall of DVDFab using the guide below in my signature ? and then installing v8105 QT ?

You can have DVDFab on two computers you own just don’t use the programs at the same time :wink: