DVDFab 8 to DVDFab 9

vbimport

Why must one buy a new licence for DVDFab 9, as a DVDFab 8 licence holder?
How can DVDFab 9 be verified, when upon opening 9, the internet connection disconnects automatically?:
Gummiwutz

[QUOTE=gummiwutz;2671755]Why must one buy a new licence for DVDFab 9, as a DVDFab 8 licence holder?
How can DVDFab 9 be verified, when upon opening 9, the internet connection disconnects automatically?:
Gummiwutz[/QUOTE]

Version 9 checks the licence details every time it loads and your licence should carry over from version 8.

When you say ‘disconnects’ do you mean your Internet connection drops entirely?

[B]Wombler[/B]

You need to go to the Member center at the Fab Website. There you will get a password using the e-mail addy you used to buy V8. Then log in and download the key to V9 and you are good to go. No more money, if you own a verified version of V8, V9 is completely free, but you will only get the features you paid for in V8 also. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2671764]Version 9 checks the licence details every time it loads and your licence should carry over from version 8.

When you say ‘disconnects’ do you mean your Internet connection drops entirely?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
yes, the internet connection drops entirely. this happens not only on Win 7, but also on Win XP.
Gummiwutz

[QUOTE=gummiwutz;2671790]yes, the internet connection drops entirely. this happens not only on Win 7, but also on Win XP.
Gummiwutz[/QUOTE]

That sounds a bit strange to me as that definitely shouldn’t be happening.

Make sure you’re registered at the DVDFab Member Center though as Alan suggests, as version 9 retrieves your licence details from there.

Whether the disconnection issue is related to this or not I’m not sure.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I had to manually load my license the first time I ran 9. So far it seems to find it since then, though I haven’t used 9 much. A friend also said he had troubles.

Forgive my ignorance.
I noticed that DvdFab has a version 8 and a version 9
(BOTH of which are constantly being updated).

WHY, are there two different versions?

I’m a licensed user…Am I supposed to switch to 9…keep upgrading 8…??

Old and Confused.
Thanks for any input.
Shack

[QUOTE=Countryshack;2672719]Forgive my ignorance.
I noticed that DvdFab has a version 8 and a version 9
(BOTH of which are constantly being updated).

WHY, are there two different versions?

I’m a licensed user…Am I supposed to switch to 9…keep upgrading 8…??

Old and Confused.
Thanks for any input.
Shack[/QUOTE]
Its totally your choice, I have both versions on my desktop, I am learning the “ins and outs” of V9 while using V8. V9 is free for licenced users.

Still don’t understand WHY the two versions. Seems like v9 should just replace v8.
(Like v8 replaced v7 etc.)

LOL…Old and Ignorant. I’m two for two.

Thanks Alan for your quick reply. I guess I’ll take your advice and just keep updating both versions and see what happens.

Shack

There actually have also been to separate version 8 trees: The “QT” & the “non QT”.

[QUOTE=Countryshack;2672726]Still don’t understand WHY the two versions. Seems like v9 should just replace v8.

LOL…Old and Ignorant. I’m two for two.

Thanks Alan for your quick reply. I guess I’ll take your advice and just keep updating both versions and see what happens.

Shack[/QUOTE]

Version 9 is a completely new version that started off as a test version with a large number of bugs.

Until the developers are happy enough with version 9 they’re still keeping version 8 updated.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks Wombler,

Finally there is sense in the midst of confusion.

Shack.

[QUOTE=Countryshack;2672726]Still don’t understand WHY the two versions. Seems like v9 should just replace v8.

LOL…[B]Old and Ignorant[/B]. I’m two for two.

Shack[/QUOTE]

You darn sure are not as old as me Country, and probably a whole lot smarter. LOL.:):bigsmile:

Myself I have all 3 versions 8, 8QT & 9QT and I have found that when 8 or 9 QT versions won’t do a movie I then use 8.0.2.5 and it will copy the movie just fine and other people even keep older versions which will work on the newer movies also