Dvdfab 8.9 on windows 7 autoplay trumps dvdfab

HERE’S THE ISSUE: I JUST BOUGHT A NEW SONY VIAO, LOADED THE LATEST VERSION OF DVDFAB (8.9) AND WHEN IT GETS DONE COPYING AND ASKS FOR A COMPATIBLE BLANK DVD WINDOWS 7 INTERJECTS ITSELF WANTING TO KNOW HOW I WANT TO FORMAT/DEAL WITH THE BLANK DVD AND BLOCKS DVDFAB FROM RECOGNIZING THE BLANK DVD TO FINISH THE COPYING PROCESS. I TRIED CHANGING ALL THE “AUTOPLAY” OPTIONS IN WINDOWS 7 BUT IT STILL WON’T RECOGNIZE THE BLANK AND THEN FREEZES.

I’VE SPENT THE LAST COUPLE HOURS SCOURING THE NET FORUMS FOR HELP BUT ALMOST ALL POSTINGS ARE FROM 2+ YRS AGO AND DON’T ADDRESS THIS CONFLICT. I PRESUME OTHERS ARE RUNNING INTO THE SAME PREDICAMENT?

ANY AND ALL HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

THANK YA’LL IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE!!!

E

Welcome to the forums MTNMANERI.

We have a subforum that is dedicated to DVDFab, and you’ll get more informed answers in there, so I’m going to move your thread. I’ll leave a redirect in the Newbies so you can find it easily.

By the way, please don’t write in all capital letters. It is considered shouting on forums and regarded as rude to your readers.

What DVD are you trying to Back up, and are you familiar Backing up with DVDFab. You should Back up to your HDD the VIDEO_TS Folder then put in your Verbatim Blank Disc and burn your DVD Back up. If this Sony Viao is a Laptop, you can play around with this but when you want to get serious you will need a strong Workstation. :cool:

Thank you for your rapid response. I will check that other forum dedicated to DVDFAB.

I also appreciate you mentioning the use of CAPS as “yelling” in the land of netique. I use caps all the time but forget that in some circles it’s not appropriate let alone appreciated.

Thank You!

E

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2588538]Welcome to the forums MTNMANERI.

We have a subforum that is dedicated to DVDFab, and you’ll get more informed answers in there, so I’m going to move your thread. I’ll leave a redirect in the Newbies so you can find it easily.

By the way, please don’t write in all capital letters. It is considered shouting on forums and regarded as rude to your readers.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=alchav21;2588540]What DVD are you trying to Back up, and are you familiar Backing up with DVDFab. You should Back up to your HDD the VIDEO_TS Folder then put in your Verbatim Blank Disc and burn your DVD Back up. If this Sony Viao is a Laptop, you can play around with this but when you want to get serious you will need a strong Workstation. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I do have quite a bit of experience doing some basic “backups” of DVDs but have never run into this issue. But this is also my first time using Windows 7. It appears that there is some “stepping on toes” between the DVDFAB program and the program in Window 7 that wants to control the DVD burner…hence the “how do you want to format this blank disc” (paraphrased).

I assume it’s probably some easy/simple parameter setting in Windows 7 but all I’ve tried was for naught.

ANY insights/suggestions are much appreciated!

E

Hi MTNMANERI

I see you stated you tried all settings in “Autoplay” in Win 7, please try setting autoplay for “Blank DVD” to “Take no action” and if you are using the VSO software as the burn engine(Default) then I suggest switch to ImgBurn as the burn engine in common settings.

The VSO has issues with some brands of media and drives/burners, there is a guide below in my signature on setting DVDFab and ImgBurn up :wink:

Deleted since SJ typed faster can delete this post if you want:)

[QUOTE=AGJ;2588550]Deleted since SJ typed faster can delete this post if you want:)[/QUOTE]

I don’t type faster, I just started before you :bigsmile:

Since you removed what you typed I take it we had the same response :wink:

Thanks for getting back to me.

I did set the DVD Autoplay to “Take No Action” but DVDFab still won’t recognize the blank DVD in the burner.

I"m a bit confused by whether I’m using the ’ VSO software as the burn engine(Default)’. I’m using DVDFAB. Maybe you’re referring to a setting in DVDFAB? If this is another burn engine you’re referring to how does that relate to DVDFAB? If it IS in DVDFAB how to I make sure it’s set to the VSO specs you’ve mentioned?

Thank you for your input…

E

[QUOTE=MTNMANERI;2588552]Thanks for getting back to me.

I did set the DVD Autoplay to “Take No Action” but DVDFab still won’t recognize the blank DVD in the burner.

I"m a bit confused by whether I’m using the ’ VSO software as the burn engine(Default)’. I’m using DVDFAB. Maybe you’re referring to a setting in DVDFAB? If this is another burn engine you’re referring to how does that relate to DVDFAB? If it IS in DVDFAB how to I make sure it’s set to the VSO specs you’ve mentioned?

Thank you for your input…

E[/QUOTE]

With DVDFab you have a choice between 3 burning apps VSO, Nero burning Rom and ImgBurn.

The VSO is included in DVDFab installer, ImgBurn and Nero are not you can download ImgBurn at imgburn.com it is freeware.

Ya’ll won’t believe what the issue was (or you might given how our brains some times do the most retarded things!)…I just needed to Unclick “Use Autoplay for All Media”. THAT DID IT!!! DUH!!!

Thank you all for spending your precious time helping me when it was just my unfamilarity with Windows 7!!!

YOU ROCK!!!

Be Well & Happy!!!

E

Glad you got it up and running :clap:

I still suggest ImgBurn over the VSO :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2588551]I don’t type faster, I just started before you :bigsmile:

Since you removed what you typed I take it we had the same response ;)[/QUOTE]

just about the same :iagree: