DVDFab 8.1.5.4 Qt Beta (January 13, 2012)

vbimport

DVDFab 8.1.5.4 Qt Beta is out
Dear all,

DVDFab 8.1.5.4 Qt Beta is out:

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA

This release has many internal changes, even beyond what is listed below and we ask experienced users to help us evaluate it. Note that there may be some bugs!

DVDFab 8.1.5.4 Qt Beta (January 13, 2012)

New: Updated language files.
New: Changed default Gain to 5 in “2D to 3D Converter”.
New: Some minor changes and improvements.
Fix: A burning problem in “Blu-ray Creator”.

Thanks Alan :flower:

Your still fast on the draw. :bigsmile:

Thanks Alan,

Beat me this time :slight_smile:

Thanks Alan

I reported this error in a previous thread. I am running Windows 7, 64-bit and I am getting the following errors when I try to start the program:
Windows cannot find ‘C:\Progra~2\DVDFAB~1\Options\DVDFabDVD2DVD.exe.’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
The files exist, but are located in this directory:
C:\Program Files(x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\Options\

I get this error for every module in dvdfab. Also, the program will state that I successfully registered the program (I have a lifetime all-in-one key) but when I restart the program, and after all the errors, it tells me I am still a trial user. The program seems to function after the startup errors.
Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this? Also, I noticed the .exe files have a ‘last modified’ date of 8-1-2011.
In the meantime, I am using 8.1.3.8 until this gets fixed.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=gagtguy;2618836]I reported this error in a previous thread. I am running Windows 7, 64-bit and I am getting the following errors when I try to start the program:
Windows cannot find ‘C:\Progra~2\DVDFAB~1\Options\DVDFabDVD2DVD.exe.’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
The files exist, but are located in this directory:
C:\Program Files(x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\Options\

I get this error for every module in dvdfab. Also, the program will state that I successfully registered the program (I have a lifetime all-in-one key) but when I restart the program, and after all the errors, it tells me I am still a trial user. The program seems to function after the startup errors.
Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this? Also, I noticed the .exe files have a ‘last modified’ date of 8-1-2011.
In the meantime, I am using 8.1.3.8 until this gets fixed.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi gagtguy

When you get the message “Windows cannot find ‘C:\Progra~2\DVDFAB~1\Options\DVDFabDVD2DVD.exe.’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.” you should have an option to search for the file which is the DVDFab.exe…

If you don’t have the option , right click on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and select “Properties” and on the shortcut tab make sure the following[B]->[/B] “C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8 Qt\DVDFab.exe”(or where ever you installed it) is in the target text box.

[B]SJ[/B]

Hi SJ,

Thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and did an uninstall, then reinstall for 8.1.5.4. This time I changed the installation directory and had the program install in the ‘Program Files’ directory instead of the ‘Program Files(x86)’ directory. Turned out that was the problem. DVDFab was looking for it’s .exe files in the ‘Program Files’ directory, not the default installation ‘Program Files(x86)’ directory.
The program now runs correctly. I guess this could be a good tip inf anybody else happens to run across the same problem.

Well happy to hear you got it worked out :cool:

Thanks Alan. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]