DVDFab 8.0.9.8 Qt is out (June 8, 2011):

vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 8.0.9.8 Qt is out (June 8, 2011):

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB

What’s New:

New: Added support for Intel Quick Sync as H.264 decoder and encoder. It works on DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Copy, Blu-ray Ripper, Blu-ray 3D Ripper, Blu-ray to DVD Converter, Video Converter and 2D to 3D Converter.
New: Brand new profile design, which is very flexible and powerful. A new profile editor will be out soon, please wait.
New: Brand new MP4 muxer.
New: Added new splash window at startup.
New: Added option “Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding” when user wants all software codecs.
New: Added option “Open output directory when done”.
New: Updated language files.
New: Some minor changes and improvements.
Fix: Several crash problems in certain cases.

DVD Copy:

New: Added support for a new copy protection as found on “True Grit” (US).
Fix: A writable media detection problem in v8092.

Blu-ray Copy:

New: Added support for AACS MKB v25.
Fix: A crash problem when opening certain discs.
Fix: A writable media detection problem in v8092.

Blu-ray 3D Ripper:

New: Added “Base View” info, normally it’s “Left” eye, but for some movies it’s “Right” eye.

Thanks SJ

Hey!!..Could one of you fine “Fabbers” provide me with the ver. 5 d/l? I know,I knowI should keep older versions but my program files get really cluttered so…Thanx Ahead of time…Jim P.S.That Qt. proggy sounds great…too bad it won’t work on my win xp…

[QUOTE=bandog101;2591673]Hey!!..Could one of you fine “Fabbers” provide me with the ver. 5 d/l? I know,I knowI should keep older versions but my program files get really cluttered so…Thanx Ahead of time…Jim P.S.That Qt. proggy sounds great…too bad it won’t work on my win xp…[/QUOTE]

You can find a link to older versions here http://club.myce.com/f116/true-grit-321956/#post2591497 :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2591674]You can find a link to older versions here http://club.myce.com/f116/true-grit-321956/#post2591497 ;)[/QUOTE] or here :cool:

http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php which by the way is the same as Stormy’s :wink:

:bigsmile:

Thanks very much…Jim

8.0.9.8 is awesome!

Got True Grit today and tried to copy with the older version: Main Movie would only do part of it, Full Disk wanted 13 hours to copy. 8.0.9.8 made a perfect copy in 15 minutes.

Thanks very much for keeping up with the new copy protection systems and making DVDFab so useful.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2591734]8.0.9.8 is awesome!

Got True Grit today and tried to copy with the older version: Main Movie would only do part of it, Full Disk wanted 13 hours to copy. 8.0.9.8 made a perfect copy in 15 minutes.

Thanks very much for keeping up with the new copy protection systems and making DVDFab so useful.[/QUOTE] about the same time it took for version 5.2.5.0 which made a perfect copy also in main movie :bigsmile:

8.0.9.8 also allowed me to make a good copy of true grit. I will watch the burnt copy tomorrow to make sure.

Thank you & Thank you again back to back updates! :bow:

Does this version work with XP ?
I’ve been reading all the threads and have held back upgrading to an QT version until the green light that it has been fixed with XP.

Thx.

Qt still doesn’t seem to be working for XP, at least in my laptop. Considering that XP is still the most often used OS in the world, I hope the Fengtao will get this fixed soon.

Here are the times (copy | burn) I’ve logged with the SD DVD [I]London to Brighton[/I]:

Windows 7 Ultimate AMD 2 core 64 4GB [B]8.0.8.9Qt[/B] 15:20 | 12:40

Windows XP (SP3) Pentium4 1GB [B]8.0.8.9Qt[/B] 43:55 | aborted after 30 minutes - only 2% done

Windows XP (SP3) Pentium4 1GB [B]8.0.0.3[/B] 16:46 | 13:18

Hi joelrosado
It works on XP for most users, make sure your graphic card driver is up to date.

Hi, SJ.

As King Yul Brenner said, “Is a puzzlement”.

My laptop is a 3 year old top-of-the-line Sony Vaio with integrated ATI graphics, updated to newest version.

The first Qt versions froze the machine, forcing a reboot. This latest, 8.0.9.8, doesn’t freeze it, but it takes forever to copy to the HD and even longer than forever to burn.

I’m not sure why the graphics card would make a difference here, but the laptop has about the same video ability as the one in my Win7 desktop and that works fine with Qt.

The XP problem really isn’t an issue for me, as I only use the laptop for travel and 8.0.0.3 is working fine on it. But if some XP machines are having a problem, there could be a bug to be fixed.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2591954]Hi, SJ.

As King Yul Brenner said, “Is a puzzlement”.

My laptop is a 3 year old top-of-the-line Sony Vaio with integrated ATI graphics, updated to newest version.

The first Qt versions froze the machine, forcing a reboot. This latest, 8.0.9.8, doesn’t freeze it, but it takes forever to copy to the HD and even longer than forever to burn.

I’m not sure why the graphics card would make a difference here, but the laptop has about the same video ability as the one in my Win7 desktop and that works fine with Qt.

The XP problem really isn’t an issue for me, as I only use the laptop for travel and 8.0.0.3 is working fine on it. But if some XP machines are having a problem, there could be a bug to be fixed.[/QUOTE]
If you are able to use the QT version and your main issue is the time it is taking to do it job I suggest checking the transfer rate to ensure your drive/burner is in DMA mode and not PIO which sounds like the problem your having.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2591956]… I suggest checking the transfer rate to ensure your drive/burner is in DMA mode and not PIO…[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. If  I hadn't already had done that (it is in DMA mode), it would have been the answer.  Gotta be something else.

After the extremely long time it took in Qt, I did the same disk in 8.0.0.3 (without rebooting). The time it took was normal.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2591959]Thanks for the excellent suggestion. If I hadn’t already had done that (it is in DMA mode), it would have been the answer. Gotta be something else.

After the extremely long time it took in Qt, I did the same disk in 8.0.0.3 (without rebooting). The time it took was normal.[/QUOTE]

Check the settings in the QT version e.g… “Common Setings”-> “Read” I/O setting

It still hangs on the final stage (finishing installation) and will go no further and I have to d/l 8.0.8.9 QT over top of it just to uninstall it on my XP SP# machine :frowning: BTW 8.0.8.9 will install but won’t load sometimes and freezes up

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2591961]Check the settings in the QT version e.g… “Common Setings”-> “Read” I/O setting[/QUOTE]

Curiouser and curiouser.

I had already removed Qt from the XP machine, so to check the I/O setting I installed it again - says “Auto”.

Then I put in a different movie, a copy made with DVDFab 6, a 1:45 film about three years old, just to test time it.

It copied in 10:43. Smooth as silk. I didn’t try to burn it, but if it copies that well, I’m assuming it’s working well.

So the advice I’d offer anyone with an XP machine is to get rid of it with a total uninstall (I use Revo Uninstaller to get all the left-over registry entries removed) and then re-install it. Worked for me.