DVDFab 8.0.9.7 Qt Beta (June 7, 2011

Dear all,

DVDFab 8.0.9.7 Qt Beta is out:

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA

What’s New:

DVDFab 8.0.9.7 Qt Beta (June 7, 2011)

New: Updated language files.

DVD Copy:
New: Added support for a new copy protection as found on “True Grit” (US).

Blu-ray Copy:
Fix: A crash problem when opening certain discs.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2591596]
DVD Copy:
New: Added support for a new copy protection as found on “True Grit” (US).[/QUOTE]

Why is it that v5250 can copy the new version of True Grit without any problems? Just to make sure that I can copy all my DVD’s, I now have five different versions of DVDFab on my Desktop.

[QUOTE=Senor Bag;2591599][B]Why is it that v5250 can copy the new version of True Grit without any problems? [/B] Just to make sure that I can copy all my DVD’s, I now have five different versions of DVDFab on my Desktop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I too have several versions installed, as for the “Why”.hmmm…don’t think I’ll touch that one.

[QUOTE=Senor Bag;2591599]Why is it that v5250 can copy the new version of True Grit without any problems? Just to make sure that I can copy all my DVD’s, I now have five different versions of DVDFab on my Desktop.[/QUOTE]

Is that the best version of dvdfab5? I see that there are versions after 5.2.5.0. If i have trouble with true grit, i might install it. I only have version 6, 8, and 8QT on my machine.

I think it was the best of the 5’s and I just watched True Grit so it did a good job, I have ver 5,6,7, 8 the darn QT’s won’t work for me

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2591609]I think it was the best of the 5’s and I just watched True Grit so it did a good job[/QUOTE]

5.2.5.0, almost sounds like a Van Halen Album. lol

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2591608][B]Is that the best version of dvdfab5? [/B]I see that there are versions after 5.2.5.0. If i have trouble with true grit, i might install it. I only have version 6, 8, and 8QT on my machine.[/QUOTE]

It was one of the stable versions of v5, however even though I never really have or had trouble with any of the v5 series I think v5230 was the best of the v5.

Just my .02 cents :smiley:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2591611]It was one of the stable versions of v5, however even though I never really have or had trouble with any of the v5 series I think v5230 was the best of the v5.

Just my .02 cents :D[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks. :smiley:

Just installed version 5.2.5.0, so when i try true grit ill have it handy.

Funny thing is my reg key for version 8, worked on version 5.2.5.0. So weird? Didnt know it would work on old versions. :cool::iagree::bow:

I have ver 5,6,7, 8 the darn QT’s won’t work for me

I now have versions 5, 6, 8, and 8qt installed. I didn’t like version 7 at all, so ill skip that one.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2591612]Ok, thanks. :smiley:

Just installed version 5.2.5.0, so when i try true grit ill have it handy.

Funny thing is my reg key for version 8, worked on version 5.2.5.0. So weird? Didnt know it would work on old versions. :cool::iagree::bow:

I now have versions 5, 6, 8, and 8qt installed. I didn’t like version 7 at all, so ill skip that one.[/QUOTE] sometimes it pays to keep the old versions just for movies such as true grit :iagree::iagree:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2591624]sometimes it pays to keep the old versions just for movies such as true grit :iagree::iagree:[/QUOTE]

I still find it odd that we have to do this.

Even more so when it happens with an older movie that won’t work with a new version.

It’s as if they’re continually breaking what they’ve already fixed in earlier versions.

Very strange.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2591611]It was one of the stable versions of v5, however even though I never really have or had trouble with any of the v5 series I think v5230 was the best of the v5.

Just my .02 cents :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks SJ :flower:

I have found ver 5320 works best for me,especially on my 2 Win XP machines.

[QUOTE=bean55;2591650]Thanks SJ :flower:

I have found ver [B]5320 [/B]works best for me,especially on my 2 Win XP machines.[/QUOTE]

You are right bean v5320 is the best of v5, I got the 2 and 3 reversed :doh:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2591635]I still find it odd that we have to do this.

Even more so when it happens with an older movie that won’t work with a new version.

It’s as if they’re continually breaking what they’ve already fixed in earlier versions.

Very strange.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

It could be that the program is not stabilized first before adding or modifying another module/feature, I personally think the modules should be separated.

Make up your minds guys. First version 5.2.5.0 was the best and now its 5.3.2.0.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2591677]Make up your minds guys. First version 5.2.5.0 was the best and now its 5.3.2.0.[/QUOTE]

V5250 was not said to be the best of v5 only said able to do True Grit :smiley:

Will 5.3.2.0 do true grit??

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2591681]Will 5.3.2.0 do true grit??[/QUOTE]

I would say yes however I don’t have that movie title to varify it…sorry :flower:

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2591681]Will 5.3.2.0 do true grit??[/QUOTE]

Yes

I done it and watched it.

Not a very good movie after all

I haven’t watched the new True Grit yet,
It would have to be better than the made for TV sequel " True Grit: A Further Adventure " with Warren Oates as Rooster Cogburn . My rating of that one is beyond bad.
I haven’t installed any of the QT versions of Fab yet.

[QUOTE=cholla;2591690]I haven’t watched the new True Grit yet,
It would have to be better than the made for TV sequel " True Grit: A Further Adventure " with Warren Oates as Rooster Cogburn . My rating of that one is beyond bad.
[B]I haven’t installed any of the QT versions of Fab yet[/B].[/QUOTE]

The v8098 QT version seems to work very well so far