DVDFab 8.0.9.0 Qt is out (May 9, 2011):

vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 8.0.9.0 Qt is out (May 9, 2011):

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB

What’s New:

• New: Rewritten user interface with Qt.
  • New: Updated Qt language files.
  • New: Some minor changes and improvements.

DVD Ripper:

• Fix: A/V sync problems in certain cases.

Blu-ray Copy:

• New: AACS MKB v24 is out and already be supported.
  • New: Added support for ATI Stream acceleration technology.
    Note: Please update AMD Radeon video card drivers first.
  1. Visit http://sites.amd.com/US/GAME/DOWNLOA...downloads.aspx
  2. Download both “Catalyst Software Suite” and “AMD Media Codec Package” (Optional Downloads).
    Currently the ATI Stream support is limited to video decoding only. It’s the problem of AMD driver, and we need to wait for driver updates to support H.264 video encoding. Also the decoding speed of ATI Stream is not very faster than DXVA, but it should be more stable than DXVA.
  • New: Added support for new Java-based protection.
  • New: Added option “Enable Blu-ray 3D only disc to be played on 2D display” in “Settings -> Protection -> Blu-ray” for “Clone” mode.
  • New: Added option “Hide PS3 update files” in “Settings -> Protection -> Blu-ray” for “Clone” mode.
  • New: Added option “Always create miniso file” in “Settings -> Blu-ray Copy”.
  • Fix: A problem that output size is too small when compressing certain discs like “The Social Network” to BD25.
  • Fix: A problem that 2D copy of Blu-ray 3D disc cannot be played on certain players like PS3.

Blu-ray Ripper:

• New: Added support for ATI Stream acceleration technology.
  • New: Improved default audio stream selection.
  • Fix: A crash problem when converting certain discs like “Robin Hood”.

Blu-ray to DVD Converter:

• New: Added support for multiple audio stream selection.
  • Fix: A video quality problem caused by the new VBR encoding.

Video Converter:

• Fix: Several problems when rendering external subtitle.

2D to 3D Converter:

• New: Added brand new option “2D to 3D Converter”.
  • New: “2D to 3D Converter” works with “DVD Ripper”, “Blu-ray Ripper” and “Video Converter” to convert DVD/Blu-ray/video file into 3D video.
  • New: Sophisticated algorithms are used to do the 2D to 3D conversion for very high quality.
  • New: The 3D video output can be left/right (side-by-side) or top/bottom format, or two separate files, just like “Blu-ray 3D Ripper”.

Well now that the QT is official I have updated :bigsmile:

You are next Alan come over to the [B]dark side[/B] :eek::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2587779]Well now that the QT is official I have updated :bigsmile:

You are next Alan come over to the [B]dark side[/B] :eek::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Does it perform ok? As good as 8.0.8.5?

Could u please explain what it means when new updates come out and all of them say this.
Updated Qt language files.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I am not computer smarts and not 100% sure what the language means in computer talk but did notice every update does have Updated language files so it to me means something slang talk for computers.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2587795]Does it perform ok? As good as 8.0.8.5?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, if you are concerned about it you can leave v8085 installed becuase the QT or should I say the [B]new DVDFab[/B] installs in it’s own folder :wink: it is what I have done :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2587809]Yes it does, if you are concerned about it you can leave v8085 installed because the QT or should I say the [B]new DVDFab[/B] installs in it’s own folder :wink: it is what I have done :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

How did you know it would have its own folder?

Sounds like a plan, ill probably do that.

[QUOTE=altitude;2587807]Could u please explain what it means when new updates come out and all of them say this.
Updated Qt language files.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I am not computer smarts and not 100% sure what the language means in computer talk but did notice every update does have Updated language files so it to me means something slang talk for computers.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

The language packs are all the different languages that can be used when you use DVDFab .e.g… English, Chinese and others, and when a new option or feature is added or modified those language packs need updated in each language so the other members/users can used DVDFab in their native tongue :smiley:

Thanks SJ You the man

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2587811][B]How did you know it would have its own folder? [/B]

Sounds like a plan, ill probably do that.[/QUOTE]

I would say my ESP but it’s on the fritz so I’ll just say just knew it :bigsmile:

Well poop d/l the new version and now it won’t open and won’t even let me uninstall it, tried the uninstaller in the program and even in add & remove programs and nothing works, any ideas Tim on how to get rid of it without formatting the HD and recloning it from my spare?

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2587833]Well poop d/l the new version and now it won’t open and won’t even let me uninstall it, tried the uninstaller in the program and even in add & remove programs and nothing works, any ideas Tim on how to get rid of it without formatting the HD and recloning it from my spare?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried re-installing it again ? or even re-installing one of the other QT over it ?

also if you still have ASO it may fix the issue.

[QUOTE=bean55;2587813]Thanks SJ You the man[/QUOTE]

I will back that up with a big thanks for SJ. He is the man;)

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2587836]Have you tried re-installing it again ? or even re-installing one of the other QT over it ?

also if you still have ASO it may fix the issue.[/QUOTE] Yes I have tried a new installer and installed it over but still no go, I will try another version of QT and see what happens thanks

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2587833]Well poop d/l the new version and now it won’t open and won’t even let me uninstall it, tried the uninstaller in the program and even in add & remove programs and nothing works, any ideas Tim on how to get rid of it without formatting the HD and recloning it from my spare?[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek:

Updated language files.

Thanks for the info.Now I know.Was touch and go there for a few seconds but thanks to your reply, all is well now on my end.

[QUOTE=altitude;2587859]Updated language files.

Thanks for the info.Now I know.Was touch and go there for a few seconds but thanks to your reply, all is well now on my end.[/QUOTE]

You are more then welcome my friend :flower:

Thanks for the heads up jimbo. I think ill wait to install this QT version.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2587779]Well now that the QT is official I have updated :bigsmile:

You are next Alan come over to the [B]dark side[/B] :eek::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Thanks,SJ.
I may have missed something, but why is it now QT?

[QUOTE=baggman;2587972]Thanks,SJ.
I may have missed something, but why is it now QT?[/QUOTE]

In a basic nut shell explanation…it is a new development environment used for developing/creating DVDFab :wink:

OK. Will try it out. Have previous versions of Fab saved, but am glad to read that this will down load in it’s own folder. Am currently using v.8.0.8.5.Thanks:cool: